Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > MM8BDM Discussion

The NEW MM8BDM Wiki - Signup here!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Russel:
I'm a tad late to this, but in any case...

If you run the program and have access to the command line's parameters, you can use those to run a server.
My knowledge of Linux is horribly limited, but that line should run the game using Doom 2 as its iwad. If that works in Linux, then you would simply need to use the following command instead:

--- Code: ---zandronum -server -port 10666 -iwad megagame.wad -file mm8bdm-v4c.pk3 +sv_hostname "This is not a server, it's a sandwich"
--- End code ---
I don't know if the Linux port has guis for the server? If not, then you'll have to set the map list manually...which is a chore. If it does, then the map list can be set up under maps->playlist. Otherwise, you'd have to go through and use the commands "addmap MM1CUT; addmap mm1GUT" etc until you added all the maps...

I sincerely apologize as I don't use Linux, my information and guidance is limited to what I know about the Windows port.

BEan:

--- Quote from: "Lego" ---I'm a tad late to this, but in any case...

If you run the program and have access to the command line's parameters, you can use those to run a server.
My knowledge of Linux is horribly limited, but that line should run the game using Doom 2 as its iwad. If that works in Linux, then you would simply need to use the following command instead:

--- Code: ---zandronum -server -port 10666 -iwad megagame.wad -file mm8bdm-v4c.pk3 +sv_hostname "This is not a server, it's a sandwich"
--- End code ---
I don't know if the Linux port has guis for the server? If not, then you'll have to set the map list manually...which is a chore. If it does, then the map list can be set up under maps->playlist. Otherwise, you'd have to go through and use the commands "addmap MM1CUT; addmap mm1GUT" etc until you added all the maps...

I sincerely apologize as I don't use Linux, my information and guidance is limited to what I know about the Windows port.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, If i get it working I will write up something for the wiki. I just ask you guys make a spot in the wiki for server admins.

Geno:
I sent in about this ages ago, but nothing happened, but

I can try to migrate the skins page over, because it is currently missing from the new wiki

Giantmega:
Well, its been like, nearly a year since anyone posted here, but I'm running into trouble on the new wiki.

I tried bringing the InvInfoBox over from the old wiki

(click to show/hide)
This is the InvInobox 's Template used on Mega Buster's page
To the new wiki, when I tried to add it to the Mega Buster page (New wiki), some kind of text appears at the top of the page
(click to show/hide)
But, when I scrolled downwards towards the bottom of the page, the InvInfoBox appears
(click to show/hide)
Note: Most of info was added, except for the MegaBusterGif.gif since its under a different kind of name
On the old wiki it appears off to the side, and doesn't have all that weird text above. It would be helpful if I can get some tips or help on this please. Thank you.

Doctor Wahwee:
Just wondering, are there any plans to add a page for the trophies one can earn from the single player campaign? On one hand, it is a tad overwhelming to see an empty trophy case added in a new update and to have no idea where to even start looking to find out how to earn whatever goes inside the case. But on the other hand, it's really neat how the lack of information about the game online kind of hearkens back to the olden days when you generally couldn't find information about a game and secrets were more word of mouth. 

Though I understand if the secret needs preserving, I just thought it might be nice to at some point to have a trophy page (or a sub-section on the Light Labs page) with spoiler warnings about the certain optional activities that can earn you rewards. Sort of like a strategy guide or an achievement guide of sorts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version