Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > MM8BDM Discussion

The NEW MM8BDM Wiki - Signup here!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Jdude330:
Alright, thanks! Will do next time I start imports.

BEan:
Any chance on a section for server admins. I could use a "how-to" for linux

Russel:
Most of the server hosting stuff can be found on the Zandronum Wiki, but you might need to do some digging to find what you're looking for.

Cutstuff also had two tutorials on server hosting if you're just trying to get a server started.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=750 - hosting in general
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=751 - port forwarding [can people see the server remotely?]

Zero1000:
Should i register? Should i stay unregistred? I may end up doing absolutely nothing if I sign up, but that's one posibility. On the other hand, i could contribute a plenty of pages.

BEan:

--- Quote from: "Lego" ---Most of the server hosting stuff can be found on the Zandronum Wiki, but you might need to do some digging to find what you're looking for.

Cutstuff also had two tutorials on server hosting if you're just trying to get a server started.
http://cutstuff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=750 - hosting in general
http://cutstuff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=751 - port forwarding [can people see the server remotely?]
--- End quote ---
"the hosting in general" link you posted is for windows using the launcher built in, for my purposes thats not going to work. For the server I use at lan parties they mostly run on a version of ubuntu-server, so pretty much I can't use the launcher. I did find several good articles on the zandronum site however I didn't see anything about using custom files like the ones mm8bdm uses. If I figure out how to get a mm8bdm server working on linux I would gladly share it and post it on the wiki. If anyone knows anything about hosting a doom server on linux please post it to the wiki.

I did find this.

--- Quote ---zandronum-server -port 10666 -iwad doom2.wad -file <extra wads/pk3s here> +sv_nojump 1 +sv_nocrouch 1 +sv_hostname "This is not a server, it's a sandwich"

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version