Advanced Search

Author Topic: [RESOURCE] Trill Skin Assembler for MM8BDM  (Read 7929 times)

October 20, 2020, 07:30:18 PM
Read 7929 times

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
[RESOURCE] Trill Skin Assembler for MM8BDM
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:30:18 PM »
So I think it's pretty easy to say that going from sprite sheet to skin file can be tedious and annoying. It requires you to remember the rotational numbers while manually renaming each file. I wanted to change that, so here we are.

This resource works best if you've already got a general idea of how the skin creation process works and you may want to have SLADE 3 for adjusting the automatic offsets, so be sure to check out the original skin tutorial found here, https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=10931.0

Trill Skin Assembler

Trill Skin Assembler is a GUI-based program to allow people to create skins for Zandronum-based projects, mainly focused for Megaman 8-Bit Deathmatch. It requires far less knowledge of how programming for skins works and allows even new users to go from just a sprite sheet into a fully functioning skin.

The program has support for many extra features of skin-making, such as 8 rotations, implementing a set of crouching sprites, implementing mugshots for addons that display the mugshot as part of the UI, and implementing multiple sounds for each category.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Note that the installer download may be false-flagged as malware. An archive download is provided for that situation. Simply download the archive download, and extract the folder within it.

Download Here

October 20, 2020, 07:44:43 PM
Reply #1

Offline Allanx

• Standard Member

• "Fix Your Mod"
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2020, 01:10:05 AM

• View Profile
    • AllanxDB
Re: [RESOURCE] Skin Generator for MM8BDM
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:44:43 PM »
i needed this

October 20, 2020, 11:30:20 PM
Reply #2

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: [RESOURCE] Skin Generator for MM8BDM
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »
Fascinating! This was my least favorite part about skinning by far to the point where it outweighed any fun of actually spriting. I'll look into it next time I can.

July 13, 2022, 11:12:15 PM
Reply #3

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: [RESOURCE] Trill Skin Assembler for MM8BDM
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 11:12:15 PM »
So, I basically overhauled the old Skin Generator into an entirely new program to make it much closer to feature complete. Make sure to check out the main post for the new Trill Skin Assembler or you can view all the details about it on its own dedicated page below.

Trill Skin Assembler

July 21, 2022, 09:49:10 PM
Reply #4

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: [RESOURCE] Trill Skin Assembler for MM8BDM
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 09:49:10 PM »
I updated Trill Skin Assembler to v1.1 to optimize a few bits of code around the "Process Skin" button. It no longer requires an installation of Java, and the skin compilation process is a bit quicker and smoother now. Also, the README is now updated with basic usage notes courtesy of Pegg.

Download Here