Advanced Search

Author Topic: Eh. New guy here. Need some help getting started.  (Read 2979 times)

January 03, 2011, 06:16:13 AM
Read 2979 times

Anonymous

Eh. New guy here. Need some help getting started.
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:16:13 AM »
Alright so, I have no idea what I'm doing to get started playing Ghoul Forest, or GvH. In fact, the only thing I know how to do with zdoom, is well, play Doom on it.

Do I need to have Zdoom, or is it now included with these packs?

Do I need to download every expansion or are they all in one tight little package?

Can anyone give me a hand?  :p

January 03, 2011, 06:29:27 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Re: Eh. New guy here. Need some help getting started.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:29:27 AM »
Welcome to Cutstuff.

You need to download ZDoom or Skulltagworks too.(You'll be needing Skulltag for GvH anyways.) And you need Doom 2 specifically.

As for the files themselves, Sorry. You'll have to download all 4 Separately. But I'll make your life easier.
Ghouls Forest 1
Ghouls Forest 2: Skulltag Edition
Ghouls Forest 3
Ghouls Forest 3: Skulltag Texture Fix
And finally the latest Ghouls vs Humans

Go have fun.

January 03, 2011, 06:34:04 AM
Reply #2

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:04 AM »
You are freakin' awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.

It's midnight and dark as hell, I'm gonna play me some GF3.

January 03, 2011, 02:59:06 PM
Reply #3

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »
Ah, hosting Ghouls Forest 3 back in the old days was good fun (though sometimes glitchy, heh).
Perhaps you might need some links for a server browser for Skulltag too? Hard to play GVH properly otherwise.
While some (probaly most) people would say to use Doomseeker, i personally prefer Internet Doom Explorer (mostly called IDE). Has a crapton of functions too. There is a link to Doomseeker on the Skulltag downloads page she provided, but in case you're slightly confused with the site layout of where to download IDE, try here.

Link to Doomseeker didnt work to me seemingly. Only thing IDE cant do is pick an non IWAD to use as an IWAD (only mod i know that uses this is Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch, what is also here).
Just make sure if using IDE, to set some of the important things in the options tab, such as the location of Skulltag.exe, where your wads and pk3's are stored, and it would help to give GetWad a location to put wad files when it downloads, as IDE also tries searching wads you do not have, if attempting to join a server without those wads (or see if the server has a link to related files.)

Oh, dont mind the somewhat harsh in-game community GVH tends to have. Its a very competetive game, and competition sometimes gets the worst out of people. (Or it just draws bad people...)

January 03, 2011, 07:47:41 PM
Reply #4

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
Oh I'm used to competition. The Call of Duty community is terrible. I also play a bit of Team Fortress 2, so competition doesn't get to me. Thanks for your help. I need to find my doom 2 CD, it's gone missing D: