January 13, 2011, 07:23:09 PM
Read 2501 times

Offline Arctic

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2009, 05:06:08 PM

• View Profile
So...
« on: January 13, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »
What happened to the GvH servers? (Besides the laggy/freezing Oblacek one.) Has Eruanna stopped working on GvH, or did I misperceive this?

January 13, 2011, 10:37:05 PM
Reply #1

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: So...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »
Some things where mentioned in this topic about that server. I guess any other servers are plain too lazy to update their GVH and some stopped hosting it at all.

They're still working on GVH, though very, very, very slowly. Heck, im tinkering about a bit myself with one of Cutman's ideas, probaly will get that finished before they ever do anything, but who knows. Not much to do but play GVH on laggy but updated servers, the non-updated poorly balanced oblacek server, or host your own, i guess...

Atleast gives me enough time to toy with the mentioned special attack idea. Ah, DECORATE loves to struggle however.

January 14, 2011, 09:54:54 PM
Reply #2

Offline XutaWoo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 25, 2010, 07:33:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »
A hint, Cartheif: you can't hijack a player's Spawn or See states, nor does SetActorState work. So, if the super move is done via inventory item, plop A_GunFlash in the Use state and make a A_JumpIfInventory check for a dummy item given by the inventory item in the player's Melee state.

January 14, 2011, 11:47:09 PM
Reply #3

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:47:09 PM »
Not sure what A_GunFlash is for, but i did just fine without it. The specials are activated by the useitem function. Though i've yet to think of a way to give the classes that DO have an useitem a special attack, though.
Hmm... Could always give them one-time use weapon or something.

Ah well, i'll figure something in any case, i always do. Even realized the idea of Creeper Bowling, with Creepers that need to be pushed by a Jitterskull and then can damage the pins. DECORATE may be a jerk sometimes but im persistent enough to work around it. :P

Think i got away with checking for a dummy item in all states of the player pawn and the weapon, depending if the player pawn (like Jitterskull) needed a specific animation. I do have some trouble with making a Global script thing, even after trying this ACC program and having it make me a .o file, it still didnt get it. Though i'll probaly do this without Global ACS.
Oh, and where the hell do people find certain commands in DECORATE such as script execution properly documented? The stuff that aint in the ZDoom Wiki for some reason.