Advanced Search

Author Topic: Bitching thread  (Read 36099 times)

May 11, 2010, 04:21:20 AM
Reply #30

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Re: Bitching thread
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 04:21:20 AM »
Quote from: "Qent"
[...]You should also know what it's like to shoot a riotgun with 200+ ping[...]

Just want to bring up a point.

You have people who play GvH, on servers like Super God's, where of course if you're no where near France, you're going to get higher ping. Those same people are often the ones I hear complaining about crap like this.

May 11, 2010, 05:53:54 AM
Reply #31

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• A3's magnus faber - Fait Accompli
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/TheZones/index.php?act=site
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 05:53:54 AM »
And I know a certain user that always brings up ping even though it is only 150.

I use to play with Marine until I came back from retirement and realized how cheap he was (every weapon is hitscan ffs), and so I switched over the Cyborg. I play on SuperGod with 120 to 200 ping and I never complain, ever.

I know hitscan is ping dependent, but I feel a lot of Gvh players should just shut the fuck up.. the ones that bitch, I mean.

May 11, 2010, 08:21:11 AM
Reply #32

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 08:21:11 AM »
Everything is ping dependant really. The amount of times I've had to attack with the creeper a second BEFORE I actually physically reach my target... Oh yeah. My advise is, hang around in a closer server until people come. Announce in the other server that you're starting up in a US server or whatever and people will come.

May 11, 2010, 09:15:07 AM
Reply #33

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 09:15:07 AM »
Why would you want too? You're not being fair and you win cause of your ping waaaaan!

Besides.. everything is Team Deathmatch now.

May 11, 2010, 02:08:39 PM
Reply #34

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 02:08:39 PM »
Quote from: "Qent"
Pretty much this. If you're going to rant about riotguns, you should at least be good at playing marine. You should also know what it's like to shoot a riotgun with 200+ ping; good luck doing your "point click and boom" when you don't even know where your enemy is.

Why, i simply like the class. And i dont exactly enjoy Creeper hunting either, so i wouldnt enjoy the human team much.
Also, i'm merely adding my point/rant to the topic, what just so happens to be for rants like these.
I did sometimes play against bots, its quite simple to use, though i'll admit its trickier on airborne targets(because you have to aim up, AND left/right).
Also, my rant never took ping into account. And it isnt part of it, either.

I suppose the main reason for my rant is, that as Jitterskull, you miss, you have a 95% chance of being hit by 1/2 or 1/3 of your life, EVERY, SINGLE, MISS. Its frustrating. Trust me. Of course, this does not apply to non-hitscan/railgun. Atleast hunters need skill for it.

Speaking of so called irony, Jitterskull WAS cheap, now, he isnt. Unless you'd like to prove otherwise. I mean, ONE, single mistake, and you're dead or half dead depending who you're fighting. Especially with marines or skilled hunters. If you're fighting a skilled marine, you wont scratch him at all. Cheap weapons + Skill = chanceless.

Well, my only other suggestion is to make it need 4 shots to kill a Jitter with riotgun, not 2/3 shots. Atleast choke moves fast and nonstop, Sjas is airborne thus hard to hit(ussually), Frostbite has armor and can constantly move, and Creeper is too difficult and small to even hit with it. Though i am aware Jitter is supposed to be weak after attacking, at the very least make it easier on the occasional... nah, frequent mistakes.

If you're thinking this makes him overpowered, by all means, see for yourself what mistakes against marines do. Do that first. Against GOOD players, please. I got alot more experience regarding being on the other side of the gun then most people. Heck, perhaps this is the only buff Jitterskull will ever need. He can only attack and hit or miss, no other method of killing targets, so it seems all fair, no?

EDIT:
Everything is ping dependant really. The amount of times I've had to attack with the creeper a second BEFORE I actually physically reach my target... Oh yeah. My advise is, hang around in a closer server until people come. Announce in the other server that you're starting up in a US server or whatever and people will come.
The man speaks the truth. Without good ping, you've got no skill capable of saving you. Ping is vital. Ping is needed. Ping is everything.
Especially when playing a Jitterskull. I know from experience. Without ping to help my reaction abilities, my aim is shoddy and unreliable.

May 11, 2010, 02:57:36 PM
Reply #35

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »
Btw you may want to check this week's poll on my site

May 12, 2010, 03:28:25 AM
Reply #36

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 03:28:25 AM »
I don't think bots count if you are going to practice with anything.

The main purpose of undermining your point was because you tried to make it seem chokes aren't the victim of underpower. I don't recall a single Gvh version where chokes were nerfed like Jitterskulls were, ever. The most recent changes to choke was his vomit, which is actually a plus to him besides his increased range. It just comes off the wrong way when you say to other players, especially those that play much more classes about the metagame. It's ridiculous.

Quote from: "Carthief"
The man speaks the truth. Without good ping, you've got no skill capable of saving you. Ping is vital. Ping is needed. Ping is everything.

That is a total myth. Ping only factors in a quarter of what you are doing at a given moment depending on the amount of ping given. I have seen people bitch about 60 to 130 ping using non-hitscan classes, it's absurd. It is quite sad players rely on region to win instead of compensating for it. If you aren't going to play Gvh because you aren't at 20 ping then why do we even play anymore?

Especially when playing a Jitterskull. I know from experience. Without ping to help my reaction abilities, my aim is shoddy and unreliable.

I play on Supergod with 60 to 200 ping as a jitterskull and I do just fine. Is it an FPS dip?

May 12, 2010, 08:13:21 AM
Reply #37

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 08:13:21 AM »
Actually I have to admit, on my brit connection I usually get 200 ping on non-europe servers and have learned to cope with it quite well.

May 12, 2010, 11:23:41 AM
Reply #38

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 11:23:41 AM »
Ah well, more then half of the Skulltag servers seem to have proper ping for me. So its kinda a must-have for me to play at my best. I mean, seriously, it does affect my gameplay, my aim starts to go way off, i cant quickly react with an attack without going the wrong way and getting raped from behind with whatever weapon.

Well, in short, ping is important, if not everything. Some classes just feel it more then others, though it kinda messes up timing.

Basically i like to win and ping contributes to that in overall. Though
mindless killing (TDM) also is fun if you're actually fighting something fair.
My comparison on Chokes and Jitterskulls is purely defensive, as if, they're trying to dodge a marine's riotgun while trying to take him out. Jitter charges, Jitter gets shot if he misses. But choke never has full chance of being hit (unless standing still), though i'll admit his melee attack is a tad short ranged, and they'll probaly pop out a grenade to finish you off.

EDIT:
Ah, the poll shows more yes then no currently. I'll be quite honest. The thing could be just fine but now, its just somewhat over that line we call overpowered. Just somewhat more spread and i think thats all we'll need for the balance, or atleast, regarding on how humans can rape ghouls. I'm no big expert on if anything's currently raping the humans more then should be.

Also, the Riotgun and free grenades are heavily (ab)used in TeamDM, and prove very effecient. Not sure if you wanna do something about that, i mean, its TeamDM, but... Its also extremely powerfull... Hmm...

May 12, 2010, 11:36:40 AM
Reply #39

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »
But choke never has full chance of being hit

Are you serious?

May 12, 2010, 11:41:13 AM
Reply #40

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
Even if the spread is increased I still think you'll have the same problem. I always run up to Jitterskulls after a charge not only to make sure all hitscans hit, but usually they jitter into me and make my job even easier.

May 12, 2010, 02:34:38 PM
Reply #41

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 02:34:38 PM »
Quote from: "Mobius"
But choke never has full chance of being hit

Are you serious?
Depends how you read that post. I'm talking about when fighting a marine.
When Jitter misses, and he's in plain sight, there is like, a 90% chance of being hit.
But Choke on the other hand moves, moves, moves and moves, it'll require much more reflexes and accuracy to hit and i doubt people would get a hit twice in a row as easily.
Especially if choke is close up and strafing around the human's hitbox (like Choke bots, but closer, for example).
Doesnt work too well on cyborgs though.
Edit: Why are we holding this conversation again?

Hmm... The spread suggestion is the most minimal thing you can do. If you've got any better idea i'm all for it, though SSG-ish spread or such-like might just work. Hmm... And approaching a Jitter i guess is a interesting tactic, good chance on missing, but also good chance on being hit, even if not fatal. Getting close up targets killed tends to be tricky, unless the area is that cramped, for a Jitter.

May 12, 2010, 04:52:19 PM
Reply #42

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »
Just to be clear: I have nothing against voicing yourself. This is a bitching thread, and it is meant for people to.. well, bitch; however, I feel compelled to address this as a discussion.

I'm talking about when fighting a marine.
i doubt people would get a hit twice in a row as easily.
Especially if choke is close up
like Choke bots
Quote from: "Mobius"
Are you serious?

May 12, 2010, 05:29:27 PM
Reply #43

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
Uh, i meant i kinda forgot why we had a conversation about choke anyway.
Ah well, just using the thread/topic for what its for indeed, ussually.

Getting kinda confusing, suppose we'll just keep it at this. Everyone their own opinions, i guess.
As to be on topic... Unfortunately i cannot find anything else GVH-related aside the riotgun. Meh, suppose it went a long way, now it feels almost balanced. Though a skilled hunter might do some major rape. :P
Ah well, counts for skilled ghouls too.

Edit; well, i might as well rant about Creepers (though not about the balance regarding them).
(click to show/hide)

May 12, 2010, 07:26:04 PM
Reply #44

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »
Noob creepers suck. Pro creepers are the most effective as they have refillable health.

You've seen me play right?