Advanced Search

Author Topic: If there were any Mega Man game(s) you can change...  (Read 7122 times)

February 04, 2012, 11:36:19 AM
Read 7122 times

Offline Kage

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 11, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/kagegamer12
If there were any Mega Man game(s) you can change...
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
What would you modify, delete, or add to any of the Mega Man games in any series, and why? If you want you can even decide what game you want to delete from the series as if it never existed (though you may have to come up with an explanation on the story or a certain character's existence if that one game or character is canon to the series and needed for the story of the next game in that series to make sense).

Personally I would modify Mega Man's drop speed in MM1, so it doesn't feel like Gravity Hold is taking me down especially in Gutsman's stage with the conveyor belts, and also change all the voice acting in X4 except Double's voice (his voice was awesome) and for whatever reason Zero's voice too.

February 04, 2012, 11:52:47 AM
Reply #1

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: If there were any Mega Man game(s) you can change...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
Replace the Buebeam trap in MM2 because it's waaaay to flawed and add checkpoints before the fortress bosses in MM2-4.

February 04, 2012, 02:33:38 PM
Reply #2

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »
Change the voice acting in MM8 (except for Grenade and Frost, their voices are awesome). I'd also think about changing Hard Man's name to save him from being made fun of, because he's actually pretty darn cool.

I'd probably get rid of his weapon, too. Change it to something a lot more functional.

I'd change a lot with MM3, actually:

Change Top Man's weapon and stage to not make him so pathetic/a pot seller
Maybe allow Magnet Missile to go in more directions
Make Spark Shock do actual damage to enemies OR allow you to switch weapons while the stun is in effect
Shadow is fine; maybe make his stage more ninja-y?
As I said before, change Hard Man's name/weapon
Fire more Gemini Lasers than just one OR be able to change weapons while it's bouncing around
Snake and Needle are fine
Don't put Doc Robots in only four stages! I'd rather fight one in each stage

And finally, make the DOS games not suck.

February 04, 2012, 02:41:41 PM
Reply #3

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 02:41:41 PM »
The only sucky weapon in the series is Spark Shock. Even Hyper Bomb and Thunder Wool have potential. The only thing spark shock is good at is freezing those big stompers (yes, I ignore weaknesses)

I'd also change MM8's level design to be better and less gimmicky. Especially the Wily stages, as they sucked. (As much as I like the JUMP JUMP and FLY FLY segments, they take up almost all of the wily stages and there's not enough normal gameplay action in there).

February 04, 2012, 03:11:32 PM
Reply #4

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
Make it so  you keep E Tanks when you get game over in Megaman 2.
That is a big problem.

February 04, 2012, 03:50:47 PM
Reply #5

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 03:50:47 PM »
Fix the boobeam trap in mm2 to make it a bit easier... Somehow...
Also add some desert background in some places in grenade man's stage. It would fit because he's war themed and... His stage appears to be in Atacama Desert.

February 04, 2012, 04:16:57 PM
Reply #6

Offline Kage

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:57 PM »
Mega Man 1 GB: Add more room in the robot master rooms especially with the final four. Seriously, it's so tight to move around in those rooms that it is literally impossible to fight these robot masters without taking some damage.

Mega Man PU: Allow Oil Man to shoot more than one oil blob at a time, let Mega Man? be playable and generally improve and add a ton more stuff in the level editor.

Mega Man 2: Remove the normal (easy) difficulty option so it is like the Japan version.

Mega Man 1: Add a password system, change the stage selection with mugshots of all the robot masters, remove the pause exploit, make Yellow Devil less punishing and slightly more easier to dodge, and have the Guts blocks respawn when you die.

Mega Man 5: Fix Rush Coil to be like the rest of the classic series.

All classic Mega Man games : Return the points system, add and implement Rush Drill after MM2, return Rush Marine in MM9 and 10, and allow Rush Marine to hop on land like in MM3.

February 04, 2012, 07:52:08 PM
Reply #7

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 07:52:08 PM »
I'd want 3 to have a for-real intro sequence!

February 04, 2012, 08:27:41 PM
Reply #8

Offline TheMetalManu

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: May 07, 2011, 12:21:39 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMetalManu
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
MM3: Put less E-Tanks in the Wily stages.

February 04, 2012, 08:51:05 PM
Reply #9

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 08:51:05 PM »
Quote from: "Kage"
Mega Man 1 GB: Add more room in the robot master rooms especially with the final four. Seriously, it's so tight to move around in those rooms that it is literally impossible to fight these robot masters without taking some damage.
'tis because the GB screen was so small, and panning the camera to make bigger rooms would be absurd. personally, i think that was the charm of the GB series. when enker got a bigger room in MM10... whoa, boy... on a similar note, attacks like the rolling cutter had their range reduced to coincide with the smaller screen.

as for what i would change, i'd make MM7 and MM8 8-bit, but the FC projects seem to be doing that just fine.

in MM1, i'd add time man and oil man, remove the point system, revamp the stage select screen, and make a portrait/map of wily castle, as in the other games.

in MM10, i'd give quint a special stage. yes, quint. the poor guy is underrated atm.

and most importantly, i'd get rid of MM&B altogether. i just don't see it, or any of it's original robot masters, as canon.

February 04, 2012, 08:57:14 PM
Reply #10

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 08:57:14 PM »
MM3: If you're going to have those Doc robots, don't make them stupidly annoying. My thoughts on the doc robots fights:

Metal: This one is okay, I can sort of put up with this one.
Air: Eh, really quite annoying compared to the original. Sure you can slide under the tornadoes, but being behind airman and shooting him in the back then making a sharp jump was fun, but you can't do that now >_<.
Bubble: Fine, not terribly bad.
Crash: Ugh, this one is embarrassing. It's weird that Crashman has strong amour yet he takes 2 damage. That angle which he shoots those bombs is misleading compared to the original (but I guess that makes the 2 damage thing okay), but the worst thing is, those bombs! I really loved that *click*.....*BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM* that the original bombs made, yet they've been deduced to dull explosions that make no sound.
Flash: Go away. That terrain and him being fat just isn't fun. The flashing is underwhelming compared to how Flashman does it, and iirc, doesn't he take 1 damage? Just no.
Heat: I can try to fight him buster only, but eventually I just take out shadow blade. Who thought Heatman taking 1 damage was a good idea? Really? It also doesn't help that you get hit whenever he stops under you either. Also the flame barrier effects looks dull.
Wood: No. 8 damage leaf shield that you can barely jump over? Good thing this game has rush....
Quick: No. nononononononononononononoooooooooo. I hate this fight so much! Quickman is my favourite robot master, and one of those reasons was because of how epic and fun the fight was. And it WAS, until doc robot came along. Really, half the time I jump over him, that fat lump jumps into me and does about 5-6 damage. 4 was perfectly balanced >_<. Also his attacks have been somehow made extremely hard to dodge. Not only that, he takes 1 friggin damage! Really, this fight used to be one of the best in the series (if not, the best), yet now quickman got an unneeded buff that makes him more spastic lol roahm reference, fatter, and cheaply unfair. Doc robot Quickman is insulting and I hate it. I always take out the gemini laser as a "bastard beatdown" weapon of some sorts.

I try to like these doc robot fights, I really do. But the fact that they got unneeded buffs and they had no sound affects at all makes them lame and annoying.

So yeah, I'd change these fights to be less stupid and make more room for the wily stages. I'd also add checkpoints before each of them so that I don't have to sit through have the level again.

February 04, 2012, 10:07:20 PM
Reply #11

Offline Kage

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 10:07:20 PM »
Quote from: "Gumballtoid"
Quote from: "Kage"
'tis because the GB screen was so small, and panning the camera to make bigger rooms would be absurd. personally, i think that was the charm of the GB series. when enker got a bigger room in MM10... whoa, boy... on a similar note, attacks like the rolling cutter had their range reduced to coincide with the smaller screen.

as for what i would change, i'd make MM7 and MM8 8-bit, but the FC projects seem to be doing that just fine.

in MM1, i'd add time man and oil man, remove the point system, revamp the stage select screen, and make a portrait/map of wily castle, as in the other games.

in MM10, i'd give quint a special stage. yes, quint. the poor guy is underrated atm.

and most importantly, i'd get rid of MM&B altogether. i just don't see it, or any of it's original robot masters, as canon.

Still it seemed like the bosses were harder to dodge in the first one than the rest of the gameboy games, I'm not asking for really big rooms like in the nes games just slightly bigger rooms for me to dodge their attacks o~o. Capcom somehow made it work after the first game.

Also I would give a special stage for Terra too, since he is kindof like the megaman hunter of Megaman V as Quint is to II. I mean his weapon is  Sunstar's weakness, and you don't have to play an entire stage to fight him. Not to mention, Terra is like the only Stardroid other than Sunstar to talk in this game.

February 05, 2012, 05:27:18 AM
Reply #12

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 05:27:18 AM »
Did you just say get rid of MM&B all together?

*cue rageface*

The Robot Masters in that game are so cool, though!

And King's a freaking badass! He cut Proto Man in HALF with a swing from his axe. ONE SWING.

February 05, 2012, 05:34:33 AM
Reply #13

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 05:34:33 AM »
Quote from: "Gumballtoid"

You consider Time Man and Oil Man as canon, but MM&B not canon? The hell? MM&B is canon, MMPU is not (despite what many fans would love to think.)

February 05, 2012, 05:44:42 AM
Reply #14

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 05:44:42 AM »
There was like a thread for this beforehand, you know

Yeah see guys