Advanced Search

Author Topic: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes  (Read 153403 times)

March 14, 2010, 07:20:46 PM
Reply #90

Anonymous

Jikininki
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
What is it's name?: Jikininki

What is it's story?: Jikininki was a Japanese man who worked day in, day out, and he had a terrible life. His boss was always angry, his wife divorced from him and won custody over the children, he barely had friends, he had low pay, and worst of all, he was an insomniac. Suddenly in his life, his life turned for the better, he was now rich and famous, for the invention of a universal device, his boss was happy with him, and his wife came back to him. However, over time he slowly became selfish, and greedy, to the point of neglecting everyone and everything, and soon that neglect turned to hate. He gotten so mad over simple things, that he had brutally killed his family, and afterward ate them. His neighbors, disturbed by the noises and screaming, called the police. Horrified by what they saw, the police shot Jikininki to death, and he was given an improper burial.
Yurei, who saw fit to revive him, resurrected Jikininki back to life once more, but accidentally morphed him into a hideous and deformed beast in the process, but nevertheless he served useful in the war..

What does it look like?:  Jikininki is said to look like a decomposing cadaver, perhaps with a few inhuman features such as sharp claws or glowing eyes. His hunched body is covered in blisters, abrasions, scars, infections and almost completely devoid of hair, except for random tufts. He is a horrifying sight, and any mortal who views him finds themself frozen in fear. Though, unlike other Ghouls, Jikininki has a body to act with.

How does it play?: Jikininki is a melee ghoul. It has fast and strong attacks, and also has multiple weapons for itself, which all prove to be effective. The downside for Jikininki is that, it has very low health, having only 50 HP, and doesn't have armor, and is also very slow, allowing for easy attacks on it. Jikininki also has the unique ability to climb up walls, and not be damaged by poisonous or any kind of floor tile that damages others. One particular fun ability for Jikininki is he would be able to destroy any weapons/equipment it comes across. He also can jump further than others to make up for the fact he can't fly. Two major downsides for Jikininki, is that whenever any of his attacks miss, he is stunned for two and a half seconds, and also can damage friendlies.

What are it's weapons?: Jikininki only has three weapons and one base weapons. His first is his poison claws, which does what you think it does, poisons the enemy, constantly draining health and transferring 1/2 of the health drained back to Jikininki. However, to gain the Poison claws, you have to walk over a poison tile to gain it.
His second is the stun claws, which again, does what is says, Stuns the enemy, leaving it wide open for any other attack. He has to recharge it after using it.
His last, is his ability to morph into any enemy he kills, allowing him to walk directly into enemy cover and attack from behind. He has to kill something, in order to morph into it, and the disguise instantly wears out the second he attacks. Recharges.
His base weapon, is just his claws, which have long range, and do 30-50 damage.
Why does it belong on GvH?: I think the ghoul side has been lacking in one of those creatures that can disguise itself.

March 17, 2010, 08:28:29 PM
Reply #91

Anonymous

Re: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:29 PM »
Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal. Tormented by the flame that burns him in penance of his killings. I think its high time we got a scary human on the battlefield.
Besides how can you say no to this face?

March 18, 2010, 08:59:36 AM
Reply #92

Offline ChokeFan1992

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2010, 05:13:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/SandersonCallum
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
KABOOM the Clown
An ablazed clown face that flies around at a reasonable pace, and when its ready it charges into a group or one  human and explodes! It does die, however it still claims the frags of the humans and does not lose a frag! His other attack is his face shrivels up but his nose stays the same and falls to the ground. It kinda morphs into the nose state, like a mine. It cannot move but on click of button you can activate and blow up, killing yourself but not losing a frag .
(click to show/hide)
Yeah My idea, rough sprite XD I am going to create him and see how it plays, ofcourse i'll need to fix up the white lines later. He looks like a mutated choke!
just imagine this but on fire similar to the Blot monster from realm667.

Also I suggest you download
http://www.realm667.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=136
The Blot monster, the movement cloud effect would look epic for a new ghostly monster :p

March 20, 2010, 11:40:38 PM
Reply #93

Offline Teej

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2010, 12:55:50 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
Quote from: "ThaMarine"
The name: Commander.

Although this is my idea and I think it's cool, I also think it would not work in Doom.

The story: A WW2 British commander. Known for his strategical skills, he was sent to fight the Nazis, by commanding a squad of elite British soldiers.

I think this would be rather cool. Except we already have a "military" type class. The DOOM Marine.

Anyway here are my ideas (not overly descriptive):

HUMAN:

Ninja.
Uses a katana, shuriken, and smoke bombs (for those melee lovers out there).
When standing still against a wall, he becomes slightly transparent (blends in).
He runs rather fast, not as fast as the Hunter, but fast. He also jumps high and is very agile. He has average health.

Duke Nukem.
Uses his shotgun, ripper, pipebombs, and his trademark jetpack.
Although he is well armed, he moves slower than average, not quite Cyborg slow. When he uses his jetpack he flys like Sjas, but it uses fuel faster than Cyborgs. He also has multiple taunts, each time you taunt it selects a random DN3D one liner, from a pool of ten. He has slightly above average health.

GHOULS:

Hephaestus (Greek god of Fire + Metalworking).
Has fire breath, (think Bowser) fire balls and can bite.
Pretty much a fire version of Frostbite. He also has the unique ability to hurt people he's close to, due to his fiery body temperature. He looks similar to a Lost Soul from DOOM.

And that's all I got. Yes, only one ghoul idea, ha, ha!

March 21, 2010, 09:27:03 AM
Reply #94

Offline ChokeFan1992

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2010, 05:13:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/SandersonCallum
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2010, 09:27:03 AM »
Ninja sounds great! A high jumping human will be different, however i'd give him nunchucks that he can deflect projectiles with instead of smoke grenades. I think a melee weapon is epic for a class! I think the katana should have health though after using it like 6 times it should shatter leaving you with just the weaker melee weapon nunchucks and 10 ninja stars (which bounce slightly) and alt fire can be caltrops.

a ninja yes! but..... NOT LOWANG  :shock:

Edit:

I had the idea earlier since I know alot of female plays GvH.
How about a Female Ghoul or atleast some female-ish sounds for the ghouls when they change the gender?

Also I think that if you pick "other" gender the humans should have sort of demonic sounds to them. Or the marine could have the doom64/psx sounds when you pick gender: other, just for a cameo.

April 11, 2010, 02:23:03 AM
Reply #95

Offline PivotDJ

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 26, 2009, 05:39:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2010, 02:23:03 AM »
'

April 11, 2010, 03:59:37 AM
Reply #96

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2010, 03:59:37 AM »
Hopefully I'm not too late.
(click to show/hide)

April 12, 2010, 01:28:13 AM
Reply #97

Offline Gato Cinza

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 26, 2009, 04:54:39 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2010, 01:28:13 AM »
Name: NightStalker

Story: The story of nightstalker is not one for the weak of heart. A man by the name of Ti'Noethan (this was in the Aztec Civilization), was having a horrible day. Suddenly, an enraged king had approached him and sentenced him to death for suspected treason.  His face was burned maliciously and his head severed from his body. Achient black magic rose him from death. But something terrible happend, His head rose, malformed, and he became a shadow. As a shadow, he was only active at night. He climed on walls and floors and when he had has his target, he would lunge forth, ripping the soul frim his victim. A brave warrior had gone out and sought the beast. Just as the Nightstalker had lunged forth, the warrior had jabbed it with a Holy Spear, blessed by the gods.  Now, The Yurei rose him from death once again, and gave him the ability to stand light and holyness. But as a price, made him physically vulnerable (meaning lower health). Long one eh?

Appearance: Read above, he has a burned skull. Possible a lil flesh left over.

Playing: You are like the creeper but actually 2x as fast and can move on walls too.

Attacking: Fire lunges forward, and holding Alt-Fire allows him to stick to walls and ceilings.

Why?: Nightstalker is an idea for a ghoul i had for a long time (that and Grave Menace). He also is more of a tactical kind of ghoul and is very easy to use. He can be very hard to fight (except for ghoul and engineer) so he can be a great team member. (as long as they dont lunge spam, which hopefully you can do something about :D).

April 12, 2010, 02:02:16 AM
Reply #98

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2010, 02:02:16 AM »
Name: Butt-raper

Story: You are a loney man on a search for butts to rape hidden deep in the ghouls forest.

Appearance: Just like any other 40 year old.

Playing: You must attack the enemy from behind or else it doesn't work.

Attacking: You cup your hand over the mouth of the enemy to stop them from screaming then rape them in the butt (regenerates sjas's hp because sjas is a fag)

Why?: Because I felt like it.

April 15, 2010, 08:09:12 PM
Reply #99

Offline Possesed

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 11:26:24 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »
Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom"
*Loads of gay stuff*

... uhh no  :|

April 15, 2010, 08:24:21 PM
Reply #100

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2010, 08:24:21 PM »
Quote from: "Possesed"
Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom"
*Loads of gay stuff*

... uhh no  :|
Gay =! rape

April 15, 2010, 09:08:04 PM
Reply #101

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
Fuck you Mobius.

April 20, 2010, 11:56:12 PM
Reply #102

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2010, 11:56:12 PM »
I posted this on another place of teh site and was redirected to here. Here is my 3 people.

Name: C-Eye-Borg
Background: After his first attempt's failed with creating the perfect beast, Eyesore's creator, the Dark Lord, began to make more creatures. C-Eye-Borg, being one of these. The Dark Lord however found him an utter failure, and as such, euthanized him. When the Yurei was looking for souls to resurrect, she stumbled upon the ruins of the dark lords lab. Seeing the writings of his work, she brought back C-Eye-Borg and Eyesore. C-Eye-Borg suddenly was filled with rage as his master didn't find him worthy. Powered by revenge, he seeks out to destroy all humans.
Possible Abilities:
Eye beam (This would be a rail gun attack that comes from the top right, to seem like it comes from his eyes. This is very powerful but it hurts C-Eye-Borg a bit. [See why in the next attack])
Bite (His attack would be identical to either Frost Bite's or Choke's however a twist would be it drains health [he is a cyber vampire's mask on mask.com])

Possible Face 1:

Possible Face 2:

Name: Hot Head
Background: After her success with Frost Bite, the Yurei deiced to make a similar ghoul. Taking the souls of anyone who had been burned alive, died in the desert, or been tortured with fire, she created the beast Hot Head. Some consider him to be Frost Bite's brother, but biologically, their is no connection.
Possible Abilities: Flamethrower (A similar attack to Frost Bite cold breath only it does not bounce off of walls. Possibly would set them on fire.)
Flame Charge (An attack where he would run straight towards then enemy in a straight line. Anyone hit would die instantly and he does not stop till he either hits a person or a wall. Possibly would lose health if he hits the wall.)

Name:Bone Daddy
Background: As the father of Choke and Jitterskull, he comes from the land of the giants. In the later years of his life he began to go insane so he was sentenced to death after attacking his wife. The Yurei brought him back at the request of Choke and Jitterskull. Upon resurrection he did not wish to kill the humans, however due to his mental instability, he could not control he need to hurt things. The Yurei put a spell on him to prevent him from attacking her minions. Some believe that his mental instabilities is where he gets his son gets his jittery jaw from.
Possible Abilities: Spaz out (He would [within a given radius] start to teleport randomly and hit humans. If hit, it would be an instant kill do to it's unlikeliness to hit.
Eye shoot (He would shoot out his eye at his opponent which would damage the opponent. He would have 2 at a time and would have to wait to regain them or would have to pick them up [like the arrows of the Hunter]. {My sisters idea})
Visual Effect: He would shake diagonally on a 45 degree angle when he walks. Like this /_/ _ /_/ _

========================
Lead Mapper of the Ghostbusters Doom Revival Project
Go to Doomworld.com to learn more
========================

April 23, 2010, 06:20:58 PM
Reply #103

Anonymous

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »
What is it's name?
Ooze

What is it's story?
Long time ago when witch-hunts were common a swamp deep inside the forest was used to trial accused of witchery. As one of the witches was about to being tried by drowning in the swamp, she raises Ooze from the waters, deadly slime infused with the raging souls of those innocents who were accused of witchery and drowned in this forsaken swamp. While the vile being slaughtered everyone who tries to attack him, the witch escaped, leaving Ooze binded to the swamp, due to the nature of the spell which raised him. That was the time when the place became known as the Forbidden Forest. Was it Ooze appearance or something else, but humans ceased to visit the forest. To avoid starvation slime fell into hibernation at the bottom of the swamp. However, hundreds of years later during one of the human and ghouls clashes he's everlasting sleep is disturbed. Feeling the presence of evil force nearby he, severely weakened from his hibernation and hunger, approaches Yurei, with only one wish - to join the ghouls in exchange for removing the binds.

What does it look like?

Well, how do you think slimes look like? Green, gelatinous, living mass.
As for the sprites, the edited version of Castlevania's Slime would be just fine, i think. Like that.

How does it play?
Ooze shares much in common with Creeper: size, lethal main attack, decreased health (though a bit more [like 80%]). However, unlike the Creeper, he's slower (well faster then Jit's altmove, but pretty slower then anything else) and less stealthy, he jumps a bit higher, can traverse walls[, bypass grains] and his attack is not instant, but instead drains health for several seconds. Ooze must lure humans into his traps to distract and weaken them, giving him a chance to attack.

What are it's weapons?
Tentacles/Slimy Restraint - inb4 tentaclerape D: Tentacles represent his main attack, he grabs onto humans and leaks down the throat corroding humans from within. It has higher range, than Creepers touch. Slimy Restraint is a trap, which upon being triggered keeps the victim in a fixed radius from the trap (even for flying).
Caustic Lumps/Acrid Gases - Caustic Lumps is a weak ranged attack. It's projectiles are affected by gravity and ammo [is drained from health]. Acrid gases is another trap which Ooze can set up against humans. It deals minor damage, but what's more important it obstructs the victims view.
Compression Blast/Pressurized Blobs - Ooze has the ability to control the pressure within, and when it overcomes the critical level the Compression Blast occurs. It blows Ooze to bits, however it damages everyone in range but him. While he's not one thing once more he is invincible. Pressurized Blobs are slimy bits pressurized to the critical point, so the slightest disturbance will set them off. As a "side effect" they mark humans with smell allowing Ooze to track them.

[things to balance out]

Why does it belong on GVH?
As long as Ghostbuster is in GVH, i think this question is inappropriate.

---

A bit of ex-USSR culture reference - Russian players will shit their pants. :lol: The terrifying ??D! Animated.

April 25, 2010, 05:17:41 PM
Reply #104

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »
Ok i wanted to talk with you on IM about this, but either your offline, or not acepting my request. Im not sure if this is really possible though.

Name: Necromancer.

The story: I originally wrote/thought of something really long. Heres a shorter copy:   Two brothers practiced in the arts of necromancy are abducted by the horrible Yurei. She tries to put them under her spell to do her bidding against the humans, but in a last effort, one brother pours power into his other brother. The other brother escapes, but the one who saved him is forced under Yurei's will. The "Good" brother flees through the forest and finds a bunch of people gathered around a fire. The "good" brother, who feels responsible for his brother, joins the human team to help stop what , he believes, is his fault and to put his brother out of his misery.

Looks: Good brother looks sorta white-ish with white smoke/fog around his feet. Evil has reddish black aura around him. his clothes are torn and tattered. I havnt put much thought into looks.

Gameplay: OK heres where it may become impossible to implement....He pretty much raises dead teammates back into Life. I would like to discuss this with you in person but oh well, :). His primary attack would be to approach a corpse and uses a spell. he has to sit still on the corpse for 8 seconds until it rises back to Life. he also would have a corpse destruction spell, which charges after 3 seconds on a enemy corpse (to prevent returning enemies) and the corpse explodes into fire and blood. Also you may only be revived once. second time you die your corpse explodes. When a corpse is brought back to Life, 1/10 of his Current health is reserved (Its gone , unless the person he revives dies| <--- that part may be hard to implement though). Also once a necromancer dies, everyone he brought back alive starts falling apart (Pieces of flesh and other gore falling off of their bodies as they walk, how delightful  :D) and after 20 seconds they fall apart completely and die. due to the fact he has to camp and revive people and that his health is depleted with that. And , no, he Does not have any offensive attacks. Maybe a simple dark matter(Ghoul bro) spell or fire spell (Good). Those would be very week and have infinite ammo. And i mean WEAK!

What are its weapons? oops it seems i have explained that up there ^ :P

Im not quite sure it belongs to the ghouls but i thought it had to be evened out. I guess the Yurei possesing one of the brothers helps. I hope its added! ^_^