Advanced Search

Author Topic: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes  (Read 154634 times)

April 28, 2010, 10:55:03 PM
Reply #105

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »
Saw this guy earlier and decided to do some stuff with him.
Warning: Big images.
(click to show/hide)
I didn't get rid of the white pixels because of lazy.

Also, if his "bite" is going to be Flame Charge, have it hurt him/cost ammo while charging, and a startup cost if it uses ammo.

April 29, 2010, 03:50:48 PM
Reply #106

Anonymous

« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2010, 03:50:48 PM »
The second head is not bad either.
(click to show/hide)
PS: Just saw that slowdown when he opens mouth looks a bit weird, but photoshop is closed already :(  Used this sprites by the way.

April 29, 2010, 04:03:24 PM
Reply #107

Anonymous

« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2010, 04:03:24 PM »

April 29, 2010, 05:56:16 PM
Reply #108

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »
Actually, I don't think it should cost ammo while dashing anymore, though perhaps a start-up cost would be a good idea to reduce spamming(Even though this is technically its bite)
Also, having a permanent "torch" effect on it would be neat.
By "torch" I mean have it always glowing.

April 29, 2010, 11:45:27 PM
Reply #109

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2010, 11:45:27 PM »
Quote from: "[HYBRID BEING
"]The second head is not bad either.
(click to show/hide)
PS: Just saw that slowdown when he opens mouth looks a bit weird, but photoshop is closed already :(  Used this sprites by the way.

I love, absolutely love, what you did with the one Hothead with the animation. However, i don't think you should mirror the second head seeing as how he is already looking forward and he looks like hes smiling in the remake.

I am SO happen someone else supports Hothead. Being completely honest what do you think of my other ones. I also would like to konw, do you think hothead is actually good enough to be in GvH?

April 30, 2010, 02:13:02 AM
Reply #110

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »
Well, Ceyeborg could be sort of neat if done right (Perhaps 1/4 HP for one auto-kill shot, bite-kill cures 1/2 HP?) but Bonedaddy is essentially an upgraded Jitty, and I'm sure we don't want more than one Jitty in the game.

However, Choke's purpose is to be fast and kill from afar, and Ceyeborg covers the "kill from afar" aspect much better, so he sort of nullifies Choke.
And, as I said, Bonedaddy would essentially be another Jitty.

I do like Hothead though, even though his "Bite" would essentially be Blood Ball but he can't fly, or go over walls.
Mostly because I like fire elementals.

April 30, 2010, 07:01:31 AM
Reply #111

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:13:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2010, 07:01:31 AM »
name: medicc

ability: god mode all humans!

backstory: medic is an experienced doctor who suddenly emerged in a mod of a computer game with no multiple floors and corpses that look the same from every angle

pix:

(click to show/hide)
XD

April 30, 2010, 11:24:18 AM
Reply #112

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• A3's magnus faber - Fait Accompli
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/TheZones/index.php?act=site
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »
House has to come with his own Wilson or your idea blows chunks

May 08, 2010, 09:50:47 PM
Reply #113

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »
No go on the necromancer? everone hates it?

May 14, 2010, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #114

Offline Geonightman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2010, 10:52:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2010, 08:17:04 PM »
What is it's name?
Magician, Warlock, or Wizard (Will be decided later; everywhere it says Magician, it may be filled in with what you please)
What is it's story?
Ever wonder where the Hunter got the ability to use his magic powers? From this guy. The magician one day came across a young lad, around 13 years old fiddling with a bow and arrow. The  The Magician asked to see the bow and the kid handed him the bow. The Magician took the bow, readied the arrow, and in a yellow flash and a loud bang, the arrow hit the target dead on. The young chap was stunned and asked how he did that. The Magician simply smiled and said: "Would you like me to tell you, or would you like me to show you how ?" The boy lit up and asked to be taught. This young boy grew up to be the Hunter, utilizing the art of his bow and arrow and Magic. One day he went to go the Magician's house to continue his lessons and came into the door calling his name...no answer. Being worried he searched the house and found two items on the Magician's bed. A note that said: "You are banished to the Forbidden Forest for the following reasons: Heracy, Conspiracy, and Use of the Dark Arts. If you do not go there calmly, you will be executed." He also found a helmet with horns. He put this on and saw it was a loose fit. Knowing he would one day fit in it, he kept it as a memento of his teacher. For the next couple of years the Magician lived in the Forbidden Forest and had started hearing and seeing weird things. The magician created a repelling spell so that nothing could attack him, however no one who entered the forest could see him. He seemed to be alone in the forest forever. Until he saw his pupil in the woods. Could it be true? No, it couldn't. He was fighting for his life, and he was wearing the helmet that the Magician left out. He was with some people too. A man in a robotic suit, a man in a jumpsuit with some kind of device on his back, a man with a bunch of tools, and some kind of space man. The Magician removed his spell and showed himself to his pupil. A silent look between the two was their way of showing both disbelief and joy. The Magician turned around, pulled out his wand, and joined the fray.
What does it look like?
The sprites of Corvus from Heretic and. If you aren't hip to the Heretic storyline, Corvus is the main character of Heretic.

How does it play?
I designed him to be a person who could weak against choke, but not too weak. His weapons would either be wands or hand signs. He is the same speed as the Hunter. He has 100 health.
What are it's weapons?
Abra-CADAVER
Primary Fire:Causes a spread attack of 3 projectiles that are ice balls. If an opponent is hit, it slows them down. (Because of the way he moves, it may it impossible to implement this on Jitterskull. I find two possible solutions to this method: 1, make it do more damage to him than anyone else, like The Creeper's spirit balls to the Cyborg. 2 halve Jitterskull's distance or double his time in between movement.)
Secondary Fire: Causes 3 projectile fireballs to shoot out. This will light the player of fire doing damage for 5 seconds, slowly.
Alaka-SLAM
Primary Fire:A rock becomes pulled from the ground and gets thrown when the person hits attack again. If a player is hit when the rock is up, the rock would break, however not if the rock is attacked by Frostbite's cold breath (this would not break the rock but would still hurt the player. This move would slow down the Magician. (I got this idea from Gutsman's weapon in MM8BDM)
Secondary Fire: Any opponents, within a set radius, are shoved away from you and are stunned for 5 seconds. They can still attack but can't move. The Magician cannot attack for 5 seconds but can move.
Presto-STRANGEO
    This card would do something random from this list:
    Teleports the player to the nearest player start. This is a 50-50 gamble because you can teleport right into the saftey of your teams side, or you can teleport into either your opponent's spawn, or a trap with spawn campers (Team DM) (This could be programmed using the same code as the Chaos Device from Hexen)
     Would make the player invulnerable for 15 seconds. His attacks damage would halve during this effect.
    The player would be partially transparent. Like the Heretic "ghost" monsters, not Doom's Specters. Under this effect, he would take double damage when this is active.
POSSIBLE
Instead of it being random, one be primary, one be secondary, one be Inventory Use, where thew player would have to know when to use them.
POSSIBLE 2
Instead of it being random, one be primary, one be secondary, one be Inventory Use, and each could only be used once per life.
Why does it belong on GVH?
I got the idea from several reasons, I thought we should have a Heretic reference in Ghouls Vs. Humans, not just a Hexen one. I thought that a magician would be cool but I didn't want to use the mage's skin scince we already have the cleric's in Ghouls Vs. Humans. Because I never got to use the Hunter's teleport (I hadn't found out about Ghouls Vs. Humans till after it had been removed) I thought it would be a good idea to bring it back. Chokes I often view as under powered so I created the Alaka-SLAM move which not only slows down the person but due to the rapid nature of his attack, the blocking of one hit would be virtually useless. The name of his weapons are based off of the popular magic phrases "Abra Kadabra". "Alakazam". "Presto Chango"

May 15, 2010, 03:34:43 AM
Reply #115

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2010, 03:34:43 AM »
The numbers on that are really REALLY overpowered.
5 seconds stunned is a lot more than enough for a spamming Magician to help a cyborg kill EVERYTHING.
Plus "twice as long to teleport again" would be really annoying. You have to think "If I was a ghoul, how overpowered do I think this would be?"

May 15, 2010, 06:05:03 AM
Reply #116

Anonymous

« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2010, 06:05:03 AM »
Well, I have a new ideea weapon from that Corvus magician:
He should have a magic spell that turns ghouls into chickens! :lol:
And make them easier to be killed but works as well for humans in case they have low HP, example:
Lets say you have 25 health and you need health, tell a corvus to morph you, then you are a chicken with 30 health, run and after 40 seconds you are back with 100 health! very easy!
But also Players that are Corvus (Can even morph themselves if needs full health :lol: ), need to F12 them to watch their health!
Edit: Spirites are like this but needs to be edited the book with a chicken

Exactly like its in Aeod 4.20 but needs to be modified a bit

May 15, 2010, 07:46:50 AM
Reply #117

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2010, 07:46:50 AM »
Quote from: "pucy100"
[Insert Horrible Idea Here]

Before posting. Be sure to think of a few things

1) Is this really a good idea? What will the general response be? Am I posting something that's going to cause everyone to facepalm.

2) Have I considered every possible factor? How can each class respond to this. Is this balanced?

3) If 1 and 2 are considered okay, then make the suggestion. There are other minor things to consider. But it all varies on what is being suggested.

May 15, 2010, 01:57:02 PM
Reply #118

Anonymous

« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2010, 01:57:02 PM »

May 15, 2010, 02:44:15 PM
Reply #119

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
i got an ideea for a weapon for that josef fritzel class  :D

its a use item thing and kills all the gouls but u onlt have 1 of it for each match

its exacly like kill monsters but ingame and only kills ghols