Gaming > The Ghoul's Forest

GVHv3b6 - Released!

<< < (14/15) > >>

Knux:
You know, I wish there was a way for Sjas players to have that moving sound play lower for them. I don't think it's possible, but it would be SO good for the ears.

CarThief:
Hm, a interesting thought, maybe that it would be doable by running some ACS scripts clientside through a clientside-spawned-only actor, somehow. And having that actor decide the noise level by checking if you're the cause of the sound or maybe applies to all Sjas players. This concept could even be used to mute the Sjas player's own chase sound entirely, maybe.

But just halfing the volume or something for the owner might be enough. Probably doable if i can work out a way to have it quickly target and check the player's class.
Due to the lack of testing oppertunities with larger player groups i've got nothing better to do anyway. :P

Edit: Well i had time to kill at work and turns out it just doesnt sound very well; the sound may fluctuate (but i blame that on the weird sound setting of the work computer, ALL sound lowers to a set volume when sound occurs in any loud fashion, except background music, otherwise sound slowly rises again to a set higher volume), and the sound doesnt follow the player making said sound making things even more confusing and weird.
Well, atleast that was an interesting experiment in clientside-only noises that may need to be put to use someday.

Knux:
Hmm, what a shame. By the way, let me mention this before I forget for the billionth time. Do you have plans to make GvH playable in Zandronum? As it is right now, it requires Skulltag to run. Loading GvH with the Skulltag files on Zandronum won't work. It's a shame because Skulltag isn't really used anymore.

CarThief:
Hm, i had no problems to run GVHv3b5 with Zandronum, using ST files, are you sure you've put them in the proper order?
It'll need something like this, in that particular order:
Skulltag_actors.pk3 (i dont think it matters much which ST file comes first)
Skulltag_data_126.pk3
GVHv3b5.pk3
GVHv3b4-santa.pk3 (optional)
GVHv3b4-yurei-battle.pk3 (optional)

Using this i was able to get it running with Zandronum v1.2 (2.3.1-1551).
If that all doesnt work i'll need to know what error message it gives and how you're trying to run it, if not with what.

Knux:
That's odd. I was pretty sure I had tried every combination, but yours worked just fine. Good to know, then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version