Advanced Search

Author Topic: GVHv2 beta 7 released - No more expansions  (Read 30384 times)

January 15, 2010, 10:48:48 PM
Read 30384 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
GVHv2 beta 7 released - No more expansions
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:48:48 PM »
http://cutstuff.net/blog/?p=1834

Check it out, lots of stuff to try. RIP expansion files!

Feedback as usual  :mrgreen:

January 16, 2010, 01:23:14 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Re: GVHv2 beta 7 released - No more expansions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 01:23:14 AM »
I love it. Just a few thoughts though.
Ghost Buster:
Could you possibly make it so the Ghost Buster can switch back to regular plasma? Try fighting a jitter with the blood upgrade. Highly Unlikely for Survival.

As for the Bone Shard Launcher, The location it hit should have some shatter bone debris. Just for the looks.

Frost Bite: Ice Armor makes all the difference now. He's never been better. However, visually having the Mega Armor looks dreadfully silly for Frost Bite. Perhaps an ice shard or something to replace the armor's icon.

January 16, 2010, 01:33:59 AM
Reply #2

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 01:33:59 AM »
All good ideas. I never noticed the mega armor thing though because I use the GVH hud. Doh!

January 16, 2010, 02:27:54 AM
Reply #3

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 02:27:54 AM »
I'm not as sure about this one but I keep forgetting to mention it.
The Marine's grenades explode after a few bounces. Less when you cook the nade. However the problem with this is that Slopes pretty much blow them up on contact. I was going to suggest trying the Marine's grenade being timed instead. The basic nade toss (not holding down alt fire) could be timed to approximately throwing the nade and letting it bounce on a flat surface. Then using inheritance to make the nade have less duration and more speed. As it is currently with the bounces.

Advantages:
- Being able to bounce those silly things off slopes easier.
- Easier time throwing them around corners
- No more throwing grenades only to have them blow up after what only looks like the first bounce
- Able to have them blow up mid air.
- Rolling Grenades down Creeper Holes

Disadvantages:
- Now that it's timed. Marines will be unable to use bounces to blow them up quicker.
- Due to the above, it may make it harder to hit the ghouls.
- No more lobbing grenades across maps and still having them bounce and explode.

January 16, 2010, 02:42:04 AM
Reply #4

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:42:04 AM »
Grenades don't actually cook at all. They bounce twice and die no matter what, unless they're suspended in the air too long. I don't plan on changing this, it wouldn't make them as useful (i.e when a creeper is about to nipple your shins off)

January 16, 2010, 07:40:33 AM
Reply #5

Offline Robjoe

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 03:10:58 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.xfire.com/profile/catadioptrictrap/
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 07:40:33 AM »
Awesome. Purely awesome. However, I do have some suggestions/bug reports to make:

-The Marine holding a grenade for too long is actually really deadly to the Ghouls. I say it should be an instant kill attack if you manage to actually hit a Ghoul with that, making it like a suicide-bomb attack (Except it doesn't really kill the Marine in one hit, just fatally wounds him). I also say "Unloaded" should be replaced with an achievement for killing a Ghoul with an over-held grenade.

-While the Hunter already has 3 achievements, I say "Fire Mastery" should be replaced with a "Kill 5 Ghouls" achievement, and "Ice Mastery" should be replaced with an achievement for killing two or three Ghouls with the Normal Arrows. I say "Lightning Mastery" should stay, since that deserves to be an achievement.

-The Ghostbuster should have a system of weaknesses (Sort of like Megaman), where one weapon is stronger to a certain class, and have the standard one being the all-around gun.

-The Ghostbuster's traps should change depending on what weapon you currently have for your proton pack. I dunno if this would be possible, plausible, or really efficient or worth the trouble of putting it in. The traps would be something like:
Sjas - Something similar to his scream, being a sudden burst of damage, or a bouncing reflective scream (So you could possibly bounce some Frost Breath, a Blood Ball, or a Stun Ball away =P).
Creeper - One trap basically stuns a Ghoul like one of the Creeper's Stun Balls.
Jitter - Something like a fountain of bone shards or a burst that damages Ghouls and pushes them back.
Choke - An explosion of blood or something.
Frostbite - The trap explodes, and frost breath is sent in eight directions.

-The Ghostbuster's Soul Plasma attack should do splash damage, since it's marginally worthless right now. Either that, or it should leech health from Ghouls when it hits directly, maybe about 5 HP per projectile. Perhaps those two things, or it should slow a Ghoul down when they are hit by it, but not completely stop them.

-The Ghostbuster's Blood Spread attack should be less melee based, and have a longer reach (As Ivory said), or do a lot more damage to make it worth getting up in the Ghouls' faces. It should also make you run at Choke's speed until you get rid of the Blood Spread.

-The Ghostbuster's Ice Fountain attack should have a slight bit more ice rain per shot, but not too much, just so you stand more of a chance against Jitter or Sjas when you have it equipped.

-The Ghostbuster achievement "Who Ya' Gonna Call?" should be rewarded to all Ghostbuster players when 10 Ghouls are killed by Ghostbusters. If possible, the kills should also carry from round to round, since there's usually never going to be more than 10 Ghouls at once, and no one hardly ever plays on TDM (Which is actually quite fun).

-The Ghostbuster should have unique obituaries depending on what weapon he has currently equipped.

-Choke should have an obituary for killing someone with the blood-ball-cancel vomit "attack". Just saying, since it seems odd since it says you munched them when you do kill them with the vomit.

-Santa's achievement "Shooting Star" seem a tad finicky. It doesn't seem like you can get it if you kill 3 Ghouls with one star, it seems like it has to be two or more.

-Santa's achievement "Santa's Workshop" does not seem to work at all. I have no idea what the cause is, but when you kill a Ghoul with each of his weapons, it does not trigger.

-Frostbite should be healed and/or have his armor recharged faster if hit by Ice Arrows/Magic. How many shards/spikes hit you determines the values (More hits = More HP).

-Frostbite should also take more damage from Fire Arrows as compensation for the above. It doesn't quite make sense that you can kill an ice monster with ice and fire doesn't do more damage, now does it? :3

-Frostbite's armor regeneration should have about a 1 or 2 second delay after you are hit to start up again. It being instantaneous is hell on a Marine without machine gun ammo.

-The Creeper can get trapped in the map "Project: Strikebeam" (GVH 29) in this spot: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii17 ... 022810.png I think the crates should be moved together so the Creeper can't fall down in there.

-Some of the hints are off, like saying the Hunter still has his teleportation magic, and saying the Ghostbuster only has 4 unique weapons.

Oh, also, a little request, could you list all the technical music names for all the songs (In other words, the "Changemus" commands). Thanks~! :3

January 16, 2010, 11:21:13 AM
Reply #6

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:13:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »
I have a suggestion for the map GvH 21 - The Other Side (I hope it's that map).

If someone spawns outside he/she is alot likely to stay there, as there is only one entrance. Both Ghouls and Humans get raped there because it's a really tight passage. My suggestion is: make another passage.

January 16, 2010, 11:53:52 AM
Reply #7

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 11:53:52 AM »
I tried the new Ghostbuster. He seems to pwn, I'm worried he might be overpowered. Still, I played only with bots.

January 16, 2010, 01:24:02 PM
Reply #8

Offline Blox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 05:25:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »
Well, there are two ways to shrink the size a bit more.

January 16, 2010, 02:08:09 PM
Reply #9

Offline Grymmoire

• GVH Engineer
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 01:07:07 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 02:08:09 PM »
The Ghostbuster isn't really overpowered, take the suggestions mentioned above to make him a little more versatile. Right now he's like the Hunter, Marine, and Santa he has a weapon for every situation. Except he has to get kills with the usually weak plasma gun to gain access to them. If he got rewarded for killing a ghoul with a ho-hum weapon, then it defeats the purpose of the whole system. Not to mention the number of times I got killed directly after managing to kill a ghoul and steal his powers. The GB is fine (for now) at where he is now.

Take the above suggestion at what could be done from Robjoe, if they are not impossible. It would make the GB even more useful, and probably still not OP since he has to kill for those new traps and such, although hopefully the improvements aren't too powerful.

January 16, 2010, 04:04:04 PM
Reply #10

Offline White

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cybruiserdomain.freeforums.org/index.php
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 04:04:04 PM »
Quote from: "Robjoe"
Awesome. Purely awesome.
Perfect.
Quote from: "Robjoe"
However, I do have some suggestions/bug reports to make:

-The Marine holding a grenade for too long is actually really deadly to the Ghouls. I say it should be an instant kill attack if you manage to actually hit a Ghoul with that, making it like a suicide-bomb attack (Except it doesn't really kill the Marine in one hit, just fatally wounds him). I also say "Unloaded" should be replaced with an achievement for killing a Ghoul with an over-held grenade.

-While the Hunter already has 3 achievements, I say "Fire Mastery" should be replaced with a "Kill 5 Ghouls" achievement, and "Ice Mastery" should be replaced with an achievement for killing two or three Ghouls with the Normal Arrows. I say "Lightning Mastery" should stay, since that deserves to be an achievement.

-The Ghostbuster should have a system of weaknesses (Sort of like Megaman), where one weapon is stronger to a certain class, and have the standard one being the all-around gun.

-The Ghostbuster's traps should change depending on what weapon you currently have for your proton pack. I dunno if this would be possible, plausible, or really efficient or worth the trouble of putting it in. The traps would be something like:
Sjas - Something similar to his scream, being a sudden burst of damage, or a bouncing reflective scream (So you could possibly bounce some Frost Breath, a Blood Ball, or a Stun Ball away =P).
Creeper - One trap basically stuns a Ghoul like one of the Creeper's Stun Balls.
Jitter - Something like a fountain of bone shards or a burst that damages Ghouls and pushes them back.
Choke - An explosion of blood or something.
Frostbite - The trap explodes, and frost breath is sent in 8 cardinal and diagonal directions.

-The Ghostbuster's Soul Plasma attack should do splash damage, since it's marginally worthless right now. Either that, or it should leech health from Ghouls when it hits directly, maybe about 5 HP per projectile. Perhaps those two things, or it should slow a Ghoul down when they are hit by it, but not completely stop them.

-The Ghostbuster's Blood Spread attack should be less melee based, and have a longer reach (As Ivory said), or do a lot more damage to make it worth getting up in the Ghouls' faces. It should also make you run at Choke's speed until you get rid of the Blood Spread.

-The Ghostbuster's Ice Fountain attack should have a slight bit more ice rain per shot, but not too much, just so you stand more of a chance against Jitter or Sjas when you have it equipped.

-The Ghostbuster achievement "Who Ya' Gonna Call?" should be rewarded to all Ghostbuster players when 10 Ghouls are killed by Ghostbusters. If possible, the kills should also carry from round to round, since there's usually never going to be more than 10 Ghouls at once, and no one hardly ever plays on TDM (Which is actually quite fun).

-The Ghostbuster should have unique obituaries depending on what weapon he has currently equipped.

-Choke should have an obituary for killing someone with the blood-ball-cancel vomit "attack". Just saying, since it seems odd since it says you munched them when you do kill them with the vomit.

-Santa's achievement "Shooting Star" seem a tad finicky. It doesn't seem like you can get it if you kill 3 Ghouls with one star, it seems like it has to be two or more.

-Santa's achievement "Santa's Workshop" does not seem to work at all. I have no idea what the cause is, but when you kill a Ghoul with each of his weapons, it does not trigger.

-Frostbite should be healed and/or have his armor recharged faster if hit by Ice Arrows/Magic. How many shards/spikes hit you determines the values (More hits = More HP).

-Frostbite should also take more damage from Fire Arrows as compensation for the above. It doesn't quite make sense that you can kill an ice monster with ice and fire doesn't do more damage, now does it? :3

-Frostbite's armor regeneration should have about a 1 or 2 second delay after you are hit to start up again. It being instantaneous is hell on a Marine without machine gun ammo.

-The Creeper can get trapped in the map "Project: Strikebeam" (GVH 29) in this spot: http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii17 ... 022810.png I think the crates should be moved together so the Creeper can't fall down in there.

-Some of the hints are off, like saying the Hunter still has his teleportation magic, and saying the Ghostbuster only has 4 unique weapons.

Oh, also, a little request, could you list all the technical music names for all the songs (In other words, the "Changemus" commands). Thanks~! :3

And Robjoe goes for the shoot... and... AND... TOUCHDOWN! EPIC WIN POST HAS SCORED +1 POINT!

Great ideas, Robjoe. The Trap Idea was something I was rolling around inside my head for a little bit... then I read that.  :cool:

And, for note... My ideas are...

...Damn. See the quote. Can't wait to play this online.

January 16, 2010, 04:59:29 PM
Reply #11

Offline Mobius

• Donator

• A3's magnus faber - Fait Accompli
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2009, 12:08:01 AM

• View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/TheZones/index.php?act=site
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
Grenades are fine.

Fire doesn't really hurt ice in reality. Why? A fire arrow travels at a certain speed loses the density of its gas because of velocity and air resistance. Frostbites wouldn't really suffer much from fire arrows in reality (since it is a moving object too).

Firemagic maybe, but meh.

Also Blood vomit thing for Ghostbusters would be a bit op if he can fight jitters with it too (considering it can practically melee all other classes).

What does anyone think of gvh25?

January 16, 2010, 06:20:47 PM
Reply #12

Offline Grymmoire

• GVH Engineer
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 01:07:07 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »
What about GVH25?
I thought the only problem with that map was the ceiling was too low.

January 16, 2010, 06:36:03 PM
Reply #13

Offline White

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cybruiserdomain.freeforums.org/index.php
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »
Quote from: "Mobius"
What does anyone think of gvh25?

January 16, 2010, 06:54:33 PM
Reply #14

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
Why isn't there anyone on the 2b7 server?