Advanced Search

Author Topic: Untitled Boss Battles Mod Collab (WIP) (Saxton Hale-based)  (Read 6197 times)

January 31, 2014, 02:20:50 AM
Read 6197 times

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

• View Profile
Untitled Boss Battles Mod Collab (WIP) (Saxton Hale-based)
« on: January 31, 2014, 02:20:50 AM »
Hey guys, this is Dimpsy Boots here with a sort-of start to what might be another mod.

Basically when I was in an Unholy Bosses mod, I heard there was a LOT of complaints regarding Stardust's Saxton Hale++, and I think the only way to deal with this is to throw my hand in the ring and try my best to make my very own Bosses mod. Which may or may not just be an extension of the existing Saxton Hale mod. Basically I will be fixing up what Stardust did wrong, and add in some things to make this mod a lot more unique.
Yes I will be taking ideas, any idea that's good.

Though there's one problem, I currently do not know how to work around Bosses.
As you may know, I worked with Otaku Alex and made my very first Hale, Dark Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising.
But you may also remember that he was broken to shit, and I never bothered to try and see what was wrong with it. Sadly me and Otaku have had problems, however this does not mean Dark Pit will be staying in Hyper or ++. When I get this mod going, Dark Pit will be moved over to my mod and I will be forbidding Otaku from using Dark Pit now.
I mainly need coders, ideas, spriters, all that major stuff. I will be making my own Bosses too, but I think this might be more of a "collab" mod moreso than just a thing I will be doing at times where I get bored of working on my other stuff.

I may make a test demo for this mod whenever I get the chance.

Anyways, now to discuss some ideas for the mod.
I'd like to make my own Bosses be sort of like the Classes, and be a little more diverse than just "Attack, Super Jump, and Rage". But as of right now, I am kind of short on ideas currently.

Bosses that are planned:
- Dark Pit
- Gurren Lagann Duo
- Compass and Sword
- Possible MMPC Boss

Returning Bosses from Saxton Hale:
- Scrooge McDuck
- Captain Falcon
- Morshu
- Ghost of Starman
- Gilgamesh
- Cave Johnson
- Christian Brutal Sniper?

The team as of right now,
-Me
-Tev/Rena-Kun
-Badz (Part-Dev)

Again, I will be accepting any really good idea you have, and I will try to come out with a little demo that will sort-of give you the idea (possibly) of what's to come.
Though, I will need to learn how to perfect making Classes and making something that will make a good amount of people happy.
Oh yea and balancing, that's a decently major thing I wanna add to this mod, balance.
And yes, as of right now I will be allowing any Classes mod to be used with this when this does get around to being a real thing. Though, this will probably not be forever, as I might need to make Classes made specifically for this.

Sorry that that was some pretty weird wording, but I was mainly just trying to get the word out. I will be making a better description on this when this gets going.

Now here are the rules as to what Hales can be accepted and what cannot:
1. You must provide a pretty good description of what the Boss can do. (Main Attack, Alt. Attack(s), Assist Item like the Super Jump, and a Rage) We will most likely decide what the health shall be depending on the Boss' power/skill/ect.
2. NO MEMES. Though any Bosses I found good in the original Hale, regardless of being "memes", will be staying.
3. Your idea cannot be too overpowering, let's not have another NeoDS, shall we?
4. I will be accepting OCs/FCs, but at least try to be a little original with them.
5. Try not to give me an idea that was practically already done before.

Me and Tev will also be trying to come up with a possible side-objective that players can do, though this will probably only apply to some of the Bosses. (Ex: The original Saxton Hale mod from TF2 allowed you to just capture the point to end the match, preventing people from stalling) Events will probably be likely as well, like in Unholy Boss Battles.

January 31, 2014, 02:28:47 AM
Reply #1

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
Re: Saxton Hale/Bosses Mod for MM8BDM Collab? (IDEA/WIP)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:28:47 AM »
If you need any help I can see what I can come up with.

January 31, 2014, 02:53:13 AM
Reply #2

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

• View Profile
Re: Saxton Hale/Bosses Mod for MM8BDM Collab? (WIP)
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:13 AM »
Space Dandy?

His anime has had, what, four episodes so far? What attacks, exactly, would you even have for him? And that disregards how random his inclusion would be in the first place.

January 31, 2014, 02:59:41 AM
Reply #3

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 02:59:41 AM »
Quote from: "Linnie"
Space Dandy?
And that disregards how random his inclusion would be in the first place.
Someone suggested him when I was coming up with the idea of adding Ryuko from Kill La Kill as a possible Hale. And yes, Anime Hales will be accepted. I may post the rules for what ideas can be accepted and what can't, and other stuff.

January 31, 2014, 03:08:05 AM
Reply #4

Knux

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 03:08:05 AM »
Here's a better idea: get used to people whining. People will whine no matter how good things are done, and you can also avoid making the 500th shade [(c) Rozark] of Saxton. If you insist on going on with this thing, alright then. Just remember how many of them exist already, and think about if you're contributing anything worthwhile.

January 31, 2014, 03:12:22 AM
Reply #5

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 03:12:22 AM »
Quote from: "Knux"
Here's a better idea: get used to people whining. People will whine no matter how good things are done, and you can also avoid making the 500th shade [(c) Rozark] of Saxton. If you insist on going on with this thing, alright then. Just remember how many of them exist already, and think about if you're contributing anything worthwhile.
It wasn't whining, I just felt I should try my hand at this.
Besides, there's some pretty interesting ideas I wanna add that neither Otaku nor Stardust would've even thought of. And let's be real here, Saxton Hale ++ is pretty damn bad. With only one Hale that's worth giving a damn about, that's pretty damn sad...
Though if I do make another mod, it will NOT be another Saxton Hale, this was mostly just made to compete.

EDIT: And let's be fair here, nobody seems to give a damn about something that isn't Saxton Hale, I mean shit I tried to make a mod that tried to not be another Saxton Hale and I STILL haven't got much critique about it.

January 31, 2014, 03:15:45 AM
Reply #6

Knux

Re: Saxton Hale/Bosses Mod for MM8BDM Collab (WIP)
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 03:15:45 AM »
Quote from: "VS"
And let's be real here, Saxton Hale ++ is pretty damn bad.
I beg to differ. The quality is the best I've seen so far out of all the Hale mods. You seem to want to make another Saxton mod for the sake of doing one.

January 31, 2014, 03:22:09 AM
Reply #7

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Saxton Hale/Bosses Mod for MM8BDM Collab (WIP)
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:22:09 AM »
The quality is the best I've seen so far
The quality is the best
the best

But let's be real here, I already said that me, Tev, and Badz wanna make this MORE than just "Another Saxton Hale mod". Keep that in mind...

Also ++ is pretty bad because of Remilia and the Genesis Unit, as well as pretty much all her Hales besides Dio Flash to an extent. If anything, Hyper Saxton is probably the best out of all the Saxton Hales to date. Hell, I may even say Unholy could count as the best because it uses Saxton Hale as a base so it counts.

January 31, 2014, 05:31:12 AM
Reply #8

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
Re: Untitled Boss Battles Mod Collab (WIP) (Saxton Hale-base
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 05:31:12 AM »
No screenshots, no proof of work, not a WIP.

Once you have proof, PM me. For now now, locked.