Advanced Search

Author Topic: (Updated) What's your personality type? (Meyers-Briggs)  (Read 26680 times)

October 10, 2011, 03:54:08 PM
Reply #15

Offline Sora

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2011, 06:23:08 PM

• View Profile
Inb4 I failed it
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
ESFJ

Extraverted
Sensing
Feeling
Judging

33% 50% 38% 22%

moderately expressed extravert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

I have no idea what most of this means...or whether it's good or not...

October 10, 2011, 05:07:16 PM
Reply #16

Offline Mr. Sean Nelson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 30, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

• View Profile
Re: What's your personality type? (Meyers-Briggs)
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
INFJ

Introverted: 78
Intuitive: 50
Feeling: 12
Judging: 1

Counselor Type:
Counselors are scarce, little more than three percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interestingly enough, when I did my Independent Research Project at St. Cloud University, I almost did it on personality (It turned into Gender Stereotypes as they relate to mathematical ability). I always preferred O.C.E.A.N. (Openness, Concientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, Neuroticism) to the Meyers-Briggs, as it is also used to predict possible mental illness. The problem I have with tests like this is that, no matter how you word it, some questions are going to be too vague for some people to answer correctly. For example: "I prefer to have many acquaintances" means different things to different people. Even a hard line introvert may like having a lot of acquaintances if the word is understood as people they like whom they don't spend a lot of time with. Other people may understand the term as implying a deeper relationship. Other questions such as, "I usually act impulsively rather than plan" can be confusing as well. For example: For things of importance, I plan. For things of no importance, I do not.

Regardless, these tests are usually surprisingly accurate given their limitations.

October 10, 2011, 07:29:41 PM
Reply #17

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2011, 01:36:07 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.formspring.me/IceNinth
No Sora, I was like that two years ago. Then I became BB.
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
Quote from: "Kapus"
Introverted: 44   
Intuitive: 19   
Feeling: 12   
Judging: 22

Is "12" a low ranking for feelings?

:<

Not quite. Instead of seeing each number as a percentage of how much it you have (e.g. you are 88% sociopathic), instead see it as a preference over its counterpart. In this case, the counterpart to Feeling is Thinking. In scenarios that require you to choose between thinking and feeling, you have a preference for Feeling, but just minor (according to the prediction). If you were 100% Feeling, it would suggest you entirely disregard thinking, turning you into my mortal enemy which would make you less flexible. How people perceive results as good or bad depends how different the predictions are from their preferences - if you want to be 50 or 100% feeling and you didn't get that, you might not always be acting in a Feeling-manner.

It's sort of like a black-white sliding scale on PhotoShop. You move toward black (Feeling), you move away from white (Thinking). Having low numbers doesn't imply a "lack" of some trait; it just means your preference for it isn't high. My "extraverted" was only slightly expressed (like 5-15%) implying I have shades of both traits, just seen more often as extraversion. Contrast, my "judgment" preference was around 70%, implying I impose judgment on everything am less likely tend to "perceive" things. You have to look into the meanings of each word in context (e.g. sensing vs. intuition) to know whether or not you should consider it "bad". I don't really think it'll be "bad", unless you want a stronger/weaker preference.

Quote from: "Sean Nelson"
The problem I have with tests like this is that, no matter how you word it, some questions are going to be too vague for some people to answer correctly. For example: "I prefer to have many acquaintances" means different things to different people. Even a hard line introvert may like having a lot of acquaintances if the word is understood as people they like whom they don't spend a lot of time with.

Of course, which is why I tend to see questions as reflective rather than a single scenario. (I'm an extravert, "breadth of knowledge" after all) For example, imo the statement "I prefer reading a book to seeing people" is really limited. I would include say "I prefer enjoy reading TVTropes more than Facebook / FB chats" as a more modern example - reading a book has this anti-social stigma going. I dunno why it shows up so much on these tests. >.>

October 10, 2011, 08:18:38 PM
Reply #18

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Holy Jesus someone else who took this test

ISTJ.

October 10, 2011, 08:20:24 PM
Reply #19

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
Am I weird yet?
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »
Your Type is
ISFJ

Strength of the preferences %  
89% Introverted, 1% sensing, 50% feeling, 33% judging

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed judging personality

October 10, 2011, 08:29:06 PM
Reply #20

Offline Galaxy Sisbro

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2010, 05:04:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
Quote from: "RebootRaeg"
Your Type is
INTP
Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Perceiving
56   12   1   22

Does this make me a bad person

I have the same type. I'm concerned, because it said the true about myself.

here is my result scores.

INTP
Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Perceiving
56   25   25   22

You are:
moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

October 10, 2011, 08:29:59 PM
Reply #21

Offline LifeCraft J

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 13, 2011, 05:52:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 08:29:59 PM »
I am ENTJ.
This probably means........?

October 10, 2011, 08:38:11 PM
Reply #22

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
Re: No Sora, I was like that two years ago. Then I became BB
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »
Quote from: "Ice-IX"
Not quite. Instead of seeing each number as a percentage of how much it you have (e.g. you are 88% sociopathic), instead see it as a preference over its counterpart. In this case, the counterpart to Feeling is Thinking. In scenarios that require you to choose between thinking and feeling, you have a preference for Feeling, but just minor (according to the prediction). If you were 100% Feeling, it would suggest you entirely disregard thinking, turning you into my mortal enemy which would make you less flexible. How people perceive results as good or bad depends how different the predictions are from their preferences - if you want to be 50 or 100% feeling and you didn't get that, you might not always be acting in a Feeling-manner.
Well, okay. That makes me feel less bad. I was afraid that I might not actually be in touch with my feelings and emotions.

The Keirsey description made me feel better overall, though, and I think it does a good job at describing me.

October 10, 2011, 09:01:10 PM
Reply #23

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 09:01:10 PM »
None of the types are "bad" or "good". It's just how you think.

Do you like to learn a lot about specific things/people (I) or a little about many things/people (E)?
Do you gather lots of information from the outside world (S) or just go with what you think (N)?
Do you base your decisions on the information you gather (T) or on the emotions they evoke (F)?
Do you prefer to plan your actions out (J) or do you prefer to make things up on the spot (P)?

Everyone draws from a little bit of all eight subtypes, and all of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. Your "type" is just what you prefer.

October 10, 2011, 09:15:11 PM
Reply #24

Offline Flandre Scarlet

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 12:26:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
ISTP...
Welp, whatever

October 10, 2011, 09:40:53 PM
Reply #25

Offline Lio

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 11, 2010, 01:48:55 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »
INTP
67% 38% 62% 11%

Distinctively expressed introvert.
Moderately expressed intuitive personality.
Distinctively expressed thinking personality.
Slightly expressed perceiving personality.

October 10, 2011, 10:13:57 PM
Reply #26

Offline Captain Barlowe

• Warrior

• hell
  • Date Registered: December 10, 2010, 03:46:43 AM

• View Profile
    • ness
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
I did this earlier but I was too lazy to post.

INTJ
I=56%
N=75%
T=38%
J=11%

October 11, 2011, 12:21:49 AM
Reply #27

Knux

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »
Took the test, here's the results...

(click to show/hide)

Kbro.

October 11, 2011, 12:47:11 AM
Reply #28

Offline Jatea

• Enthusiast

• same
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 02:32:48 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1339
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »
ISTJ
I - 78%
S - 1%
T - 62%
J - 1%

very expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Argh, this seems interesting, I might show it to those freaks at school i call friends my friends at school

October 11, 2011, 12:49:23 AM
Reply #29

Offline Jennifer

• Standard Member

• *Flaps arms*
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2010, 03:59:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 12:49:23 AM »
Am I the only ISFP here? :I