Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

The Robots are Revolting! (DOS Reborn) [V2A Released!]

<< < (3/44) > >>

fortegigasgospel:
I see 1 issue, Sonic Man's redesign doesn't support his aquatic stage, as he has jets and not a hydro-dynamic design.
Are any of my weapon concepts being used or is absolutely everything being scraped? And why scrap the finished maps? Namely Dyna, like the only good map in there?
(click to show/hide)And why not even inform me I was being dropped from the team or even a new version was being worked on at all?

Magnet Dood:
Sonic Man was redesigned on the basis of speed and sound rather than on radar and aquatics. I think Simon probably wanted not as many water-based Robot Masters in his redesign, considering there's already three of them in the original.

I'm scrapping everything because we're using new sources. I'll probably take a look through the old weapon concepts, but to be honest we probably won't use them. Dyna's a good map to be sure, but it doesn't fit the sources we're using and I didn't ask for permission to use it, either.

To be blunt, I didn't ask you to be a part of this project since it's pretty clear we have very different ideas on where we want DOS to go. I figured you'd never agree with such a massive change in direction because you were a big proponent on keeping things original, so I decided against it. Plus, it's pretty obvious no matter what we did, the old DOS expansion was destined to go nowhere, because we were the only two working on it. In addition, I personally lost interest in it due to the fact that I was taking a lot of heat for making it based solely on the games. It was time to move on from it.

I want to say that none of this was personal at all. I just figured that in order for DOS to get released, it needed to go in an entirely new direction which I was almost certain you wouldn't agree with. As a result, I decided against letting you know about it. I'm sorry about that, but I figured it's what I needed to do as the leader of this project.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please bring it up with me in PMs.

fortegigasgospel:

--- Quote from: "Magnet Dood" ---Sonic Man was redesigned on the basis of speed and sound rather than on radar and aquatics. I think Simon probably wanted not as many water-based Robot Masters in his redesign, considering there's already three of them in the original.

I'm scrapping everything because we're using new sources. I'll probably take a look through the old weapon concepts, but to be honest we probably won't use them. Dyna's a good map to be sure, but it doesn't fit the sources we're using and I didn't ask for permission to use it, either.

To be blunt, I didn't ask you to be a part of this project since it's pretty clear we have very different ideas on where we want DOS to go. I figured you'd never agree with such a massive change in direction because you were a big proponent on keeping things original, so I decided against it. Plus, it's pretty obvious no matter what we did, the old DOS expansion was destined to go nowhere, because we were the only two working on it. In addition, I personally lost interest in it due to the fact that I was taking a lot of heat for making it based solely on the games. It was time to move on from it.

I want to say that none of this was personal at all. I just figured that in order for DOS to get released, it needed to go in an entirely new direction which I was almost certain you wouldn't agree with. As a result, I decided against letting you know about it. I'm sorry about that, but I figured it's what I needed to do as the leader of this project.

If you'd like to discuss this further, please bring it up with me in PMs.
--- End quote ---

Honestly, I can understand your reasoning, I know I would have been against it yes, I will admit to this. Though I will say I probably wouldn't have minded a break of the two worded the way you did. I will personally hold onto the original version myself and so what I can maybe do with it and what Nemz supplied (I don't want it going to waste), who knows maybe I can do something with it all in the future.
I would be interested in obviously helping with a map here too of course, as I'm trying to get more active, either way I hope this turns out well.

Thunderono:
Shaky P.R. aside, I feel like this topic is missing something here.  What could it be?  Preview of one of the tile sets and all of the robot masters?  No, that's there.  Detailed description of what the expansion's all about?  Check.  List of progress and who's doing what?  No, that's there too!  What're we missing here?  Hmm...

Oh!  I know!  Proof of Concept!
Let's fix that, eh?

(click to show/hide)MMDBIT: Bit Man

bass+roll=love:
when will it be released?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version