Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

The Robots are Revolting! (DOS Reborn) [V2A Released!]

<< < (44/44)

Ruzma:
Props to Trill, then, and everyone who had a part in this, of course. I'm very glad this is finally out.

I've tested the weapons for myself, and I'd say that they all work pretty well, I'd say most of them are really good,
the only outcry being Plasma Cutter.

In practice, a short range weapon that needs to hit twice in a row to work, in a frantic platform shooter is not worth the trouble. It's rendered practically null by the fact that everything else is a better option, running straight into enemy fire just ends in you being fragged and other melee weapons just do more damage, more consistently.

I think an extension of its range or width to make up for how crazy unsafe it is could elevate it a whole lot.

Magnet Dood:
Hey, folks! Just a quick update to say that the weapons, skins and bots have all been updated for V6B compatibility. Our own DOS Reborn boys will appear in the campaign (sans the 8 and V stories), the skins have all been updated to include mugshots, and the weapons now work with a whole host of V6B features that they didn't have before. All the links on the front page have been updated accordingly.

A note: you'll have to load in the bots file separately instead of just plopping into your skins folder to load.

An update to the maps will be coming down the pipeline eventually! For now, I hope this tides you over. Happy fragging!

Hunters120:

--- Quote from: Superjustinbros on November 23, 2015, 11:43:04 PM ---I love that you're using the fan-made redesigns over the lackluster originals. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this all turns out!

Also, I wonder if that unused/unseen scientist that SnakePixel named Dr. Samba would make an appearance in this expansion of sorts.

--- End quote ---

Ask SnakePixel what Dr. Samba's full name is.

Magnet Dood:
Howdy, all you DOS Reborn fans! We're into a new era with DOS Reborn- V2 has now been released! The changes are... well, fairly minimal, but it's always fun when the number jumps up, right? A lot of the work under the hood has been made to make this mod much more compatible with V6B's file organization, but there have been a few changes to the maps as well.

Here's our handy dandy changelog:

--- Code: ---[v1c -> v2a]

GENERAL
- Updated to MM8BDM V6B!
-- File structure reorganized
-- Map card scripts reworked
-- Pits updated to use new Hazard Pit actor
-- Teleporters updated to use Teleport Entrance actor
- Player 1-8 spawns added for all maps
- Map previews added for Map Voting addon

MMDSON
- Slash Claw -> Ring Boomerang

MMDKNI
- Metal Blade -> Triple Blade
- Danger Wrap -> Grab Buster
- Wild Coil -> Wheel Cutter
- Jump pads reworked
-- Instant activation with a use cooldown
- Lamp radius 32 -> 16
-- Positions adjusted to mitigate blockage

MMDDYN
- Jewel Satellite -> Water Shield
- Search Snake -> Spark Chaser

MMDBUO
- Fixed texture warning
- Fixed texture misalignment
- Moved invisible walls out further
- No longer uses deprecated pickups

MMDBIT
- Oil pits updated for hazard credit
- Updated skybox

MMDDW1
- Mirror Buster -> Break Dash

MMDDS1
- Fixed texture misalignments

--- End code ---

Here are the links, that can also be found on the first page:

Map Pack
(Mirror)

Weapons
(Mirror)

As always, have fun playing! We'll see you next time! (hopefully with a new Buoy Man map because god I gotta redo that one)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version