Advanced Search

Author Topic: [GUIDE] Guide to the Console!  (Read 37880 times)

May 17, 2014, 01:48:51 AM
Reply #15

Offline !o! woohoo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 24, 2011, 07:39:59 PM

• View Profile
    • https://soundcloud.com/woohoo-chant
Re: [GUIDE] Guide to the Console!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2014, 01:48:51 AM »
Quote from: "Ceridran"
Because you are asking how to do it in a thread related to the console, I'l tell you how to do it in the console. Open up the console, (most often the ~ key) and type:

Code: [Select]
skin skinname
Replace skinname with the name of your skin.
For example..

Code: [Select]
skin pharaohman
An easier yet slower way is to open Options>Player Setup, and then you'l notice the part that deals with skins.

I don't think you got the right schooling program, sir. You really seem to not understand this question.

To change your base skin, you must get slumped and open mm8bdmv3b.pk3. Go into sprites, then browse until you find megaman's skin sprites; these sprites should be named PLAY and then should have numbers and letters after it. If you want to change the base skin, you have to change these sprites to the ones you wish. You must make sure you use the same sprite name and the same rotation or it wouldn't look the best or would crash the game. Make sure you save it when you are done. Good luck, son.

NOTE: If you change this, then this will also affect megaman's skin since it is the base skin in this current version of mm8bdm. Also make sure you don't edit anything else other than sprites in the file or else you won't be able to enter servers.

June 23, 2014, 04:19:19 AM
Reply #16

Offline Flare Blitz

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 08, 2014, 11:24:57 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »
Thanks! I wonder if there is a command to change the music to a certain music for EVERYONE on a server,  not just me.

June 23, 2014, 04:27:23 AM
Reply #17

Offline King Dumb

• Global Moderator
  • Date Registered: March 08, 2011, 02:56:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 04:27:23 AM »
The only way you can do that is if you're the owner of the server, or similarly if you remote console (RCON) to the server.

If you do have RCON, you can simply type into the console 'rcon changemus [your music]' and the music will change for everyone.

Although bear in mind people don't usually like having their music changed a lot by the server, so you use sparingly if at all!

October 14, 2014, 12:09:14 AM
Reply #18

Offline LarissaFlash

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 27, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 12:09:14 AM »
Prettyprettypretty useful, KEYCONF helped me to mess around with commands!