Cutstuff > Events

Classy Maps for Classy People - A CCBM Mapping Contest!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ecl1p5e:
I am in. Going commando on this.

Tally-ho, motherhubbards.

Trillster:
Concepted my idea a bit and it's functioning well, consider me down for this.

Mendez:
Hey Llama and Trillster, just to clarify: Are you both working solo? I'll add the sign-up template to the top post so that people know how to quickly signup

Edit: I'm also relaying a couple of messages from the discord chat to here
I know it's buried in the rules somewhere but if you do need help with slade and editing content, I've prepared a tutorial. I just released it to the public:

I've also changed the contest rules so that maps are now scored differently. Here's the new score template:
    A) Layout/Spawns are worth up to 50 points (up from 40)
    B) Visuals are worth up to 25 points (down from 30)
    C) Creativity/Concepts are worth up to 10 points (down from 15)
    D) Functionality is worth up to 15 points (same)
    E) Total score = Sum of all previous scores (still up to 100 points)
The reason for this change is because I see people focusing more on making a map pretty than making a map that plays well. Playing in CBL has taught me that a visual style is not that important, what is more important is a layout that is interesting and playable. I also understand that the custom content rules are a huge restraint on some mappers, so I'm going to put less strain on creativity. In the future, there might be contests that focus more on creativity and custom content. However, for this contest, the biggest priorities are good layouts with good ideas for competitive classes. The new score template will reflect that change and will not be changed for the rest of this competition.

I've also clarified rules for custom content a bit. Really, I should have said modded content to begin with. "Custom" implies a new asset made completely from scratch. However, for this contest, I want to emphasize working with the assets that are already given and working from the same sources as everyone else. Again, don't spend more time making the map pretty than making the map playable. CBL had complaints about maps that looked great, but did not play well. The goal of this competition is to help the CCBM community address those issues themselves with good layouts.

LlamaHombre:
Oh, yeah. I'm solo.

Name: LlamaHombre
Solo/Duo: Solo

Rozark:
Name: Rozark
Solo/Duo: Solo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version