Advanced Search

Author Topic: Maps Discussion  (Read 12921 times)

August 14, 2009, 08:46:03 PM
Read 12921 times

Offline Possesed

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 11:26:24 AM

• View Profile
Maps Discussion
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
Here you can discuss about the maps (report bugs, unbalenced areas ect)

Dont forget this is about maps feel free to mention a class that might hav an great advantage/disadvantage on a map but dont just mention just about classes if u wanna do that go to the class discussion topic.

August 15, 2009, 08:59:19 AM
Reply #1

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:13:47 PM

• View Profile
Re: Maps Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »
Well, let me start complaining.

Arcade Souls - Almost everything annoys me about this map: lack of balance, music, textures, tightness...

How would I change it?

To be honest, I wouldn't change it, I would remove it. It is so unbalanced (humans suck there). There are these steep passage only Jitters, Sjas and Cyborgs (but they waste like 30 ammo that way) can pass. Creepers can hide and jump out of everywhere. Sometimes you can't escape Jitters... bah,  I could complain 3 weeks about it, there's no help for this map... it's DOOMED.

The first map - Dark Forrest

It's slows performance awfully. My only complaint

Wagi Caves

This map is possibly my favourite. Only complaint is when  I spawn above the lava I always get killed in the beginning. That's how I lost once. It was 2 Humans vs 5 Ghouls. The score was 3:2 (Humans 3, Ghouls 2), but suddenly I started spawning on the lava. If I try to jump out of there Ghouls pwn me, if I stay there Ghouls pwn me. That's how they won.

How would I fix it?

I would remove spawns (if that's the way you call them) from there (so nobody spawns there) or add another set of stairs so we can have two ways to get out of there.

Aww, my English sucks ass. I will complain (lol) more soon.

Greets.

August 15, 2009, 10:12:14 AM
Reply #2

Offline Possesed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:12:14 AM »
About GVH06 arcade souls i think it could be fixed with shorter (but more) corridors and more non-coridoor areas and also cyborgs can pwn there by spamming down the corridoors with plasma. A simple fix: Widen the corridoors. I think the main problem is narrow corridoors allowing too much spam and tight situations  :(  

But adding more areas could make the map too big.

Maybe remove some of the map (the dodgy areas) and add better areas

But then again maybe it depends on the skill of the players  ;)

August 16, 2009, 01:01:18 PM
Reply #3

Offline Xorpedo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 07:53:32 AM

• View Profile
    • http://moonlightkillers.freeforums.org/
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 01:01:18 PM »
Hmmm... I think the most balanced maps are GVH02 and GVH08. Altough GVH02 is my fav :D cuz there's no places to camp, its just the right size and i play good in it! Same thing with GVH08 but there is MANY places to camp.

I don't like Wagi caves cuz of the lava. Once happened that it was 4:4. 1 vs. 1. I was the cyborg and i had low health (2%) and i stepped into the lava and i died :cry:
Removing the lava and the part where is the giant lava pool and replacing it with dirt would be better.

August 16, 2009, 03:37:42 PM
Reply #4

Offline Possesed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »
Quote from: "Xorpedo"
I don't like Wagi caves cuz of the lava.

There is more Problems with it as well  :(  Like lack of size (even though i love pwning as jitter  :twisted: ) captain big head tried to make one but it lacked stones on lava (or basicly had too much) and was a little too big but i think it was better than the original  :roll:

It would be great if it was slightly downsized, lost some lava (aculay alot of lava u would think u were in an erupting volcano  :shock: ) and had some areas fixed (like the pit of lava which only flying classes can get out off)  :)

August 16, 2009, 06:28:52 PM
Reply #5

Offline Wartorn

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 02:32:20 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »
Regarding Arcade Souls, I never liked that map and personally I believe it should get nuked. Pac-Man was top-down for a reason

August 17, 2009, 08:31:43 AM
Reply #6

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:31:43 AM »
I agree, mostly because I always happen to join GVH when that map is in play, but a lot of people seem to like it. Time for a poll I thinks.

August 20, 2009, 11:29:14 PM
Reply #7

Offline Minus

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 09:52:08 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
Yeah, Arcade Souls I think is pretty bum, (no offense Cutman, or whoever made it). And I know lot's of people like GVH09, and well most of the people who like it are ghoul players because it is a ghoul map. One time some guy, I think it was Josh, he was a creeper, he was just running away and hiding for like 20 minutes. The point is it is very easy for Jitterskull on that map and there is no easy way to counter that, cyborg maybe, but still.