Advanced Search

Author Topic: Ghoul Forest Experience  (Read 34098 times)

August 14, 2009, 09:59:28 PM
Read 34098 times

Offline Linkred

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:39:56 PM

• View Profile
Ghoul Forest Experience
« on: August 14, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »
Just some nerdy topic about sharing how did you exactly soiled so many underwears and hugged so many teddy bears while playing GF1-GF3.

I'll post mine in a bit.

August 15, 2009, 05:30:43 AM
Reply #1

Offline Robjoe

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 03:10:58 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.xfire.com/profile/catadioptrictrap/
Re: Ghoul Forest Experience
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 05:30:43 AM »
When I first played Ghoul's Forest 3, I was just expecting Sjas to come get me. Imagine my surprise when I'd been holding in practically a jar of Jarate and the Creeper got me for the first time...

The answer: I barely held it in =P

Off-topic: Wow, one of the spelling correction Firefox gave me for 'Sjas' is Sjaelland. It's apparently an island named Zealand that belongs to Denmark, and Sjaelland is their name for it. I, however, think this is where Sjas came from. =P

August 15, 2009, 09:02:31 AM
Reply #2

Offline ThaMarine

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:13:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 09:02:31 AM »
Quote from: "Robjoe"
When I first played Ghoul's Forest 3, I was just expecting Sjas to come get me. Imagine my surprise when I'd been holding in practically a jar of Jarate and the Creeper got me for the first time...

The answer: I barely held it in =P

Off-topic: Wow, one of the spelling correction Firefox gave me for 'Sjas' is Sjaelland. It's apparently an island named Zealand that belongs to Denmark, and Sjaelland is their name for it. I, however, think this is where Sjas came from. =P

Actually not. Cutty, when saving the Sjas file, didn't have an idea for a name, so he randomly bashed the keyboard and got SJAS as a result.

The only creepy thing in GF3 was Yurei. The way she just appeared for a moment and then disappeared, the pics scared the hell out of me. Jitter was more overpowered than scary, I already got used to Sjas' screams and the Creeper was slow and wide, so he was actually more funny than scary.

It was already spoiled due to the fact I played GvH before it.

August 15, 2009, 03:58:44 PM
Reply #3

Offline Linkred

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 09:39:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »
Well I played GF3 around the ends of 2007 and after holding the arrow ready I noticed a barely visible (software video mode on st) face thing that skipped quickly through the woods, and before I could even move it charged a horrible scream and ate me.

curse you uncle jitterskull.

August 15, 2009, 05:29:20 PM
Reply #4

Offline Robjoe

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 03:10:58 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.xfire.com/profile/catadioptrictrap/
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »
Quote from: "ThaMarine"
Actually not. Cutty, when saving the Sjas file, didn't have an idea for a name, so he randomly bashed the keyboard and got SJAS as a result.
I know, I was just making a sarcastic joke saying that's where Sjas lived. =P

August 15, 2009, 08:05:20 PM
Reply #5

Offline Grymmoire

• GVH Engineer
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 01:07:07 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 08:05:20 PM »
The first time I played GF3 (some couple years ago, or something like that) I never could see or hit the Sjas. I gave up on it until about a few months ago, when I was more seasoned, None of the ghouls got to me once, 'cept the overpowered jitter. Killed yurei the first time she started her heartbeat thing, I let her kill me the second time to see what would happen, I was a little surprised because I was expecting an Sjas type death.

August 15, 2009, 08:25:14 PM
Reply #6

Offline White

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cybruiserdomain.freeforums.org/index.php
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »
My "Experience" Might just be the worst here.

I was... about 11-12 at that time. I had no idea what GvH was, or what the fuck a ghoul was ( D:! ) but I saw Sjas in a video and he scared the hell out of me. Thinking that he was the only thing I would see in GF3, I downloaded it to face him and destroy my fear (Just like I would on anything else that scared me). Ironically I figured out that he wasn't the only thing.

I sat for a while in software mode not knowing about opengl. I first played this in skulltag.

I didn't know what my "Bow" was.
I gave myself all items and found all I got was this wooden object and a lighter. I sat around lighting it on software, thinking it would make the place really bright (considering the whole level was visible to me already).
That's when Jitterskull came flying at me top-speed with his insanely large jaw, which in turn scared me heavily. No wet pants  ;)

Then I restarted knowing I won't let that thing do the same task twice, I used kill-monsters thinking that he would be the end. Then another object appeared, and I killed that too. Then ANOTHER thing. The forest was empty, and It appeared I was victorious.

Then the music stopped.

I looked in automap, afraid to see anything that would fly at me. I looked at the monster ratio and kept typing in the console (kill monsters) but nothing had worked! I was confused and scared. A triangle that was symbolizing a heart-beat kept appearing around me, which I found strange. Was it a sound actor... Or another creature?

I couldn't bare to look and I had auto-map still on. another 6 heart-beats had passed and it hadn't died or screamed it's loud death. I grew more and more frantic and the triangle on my map gained closer and closer...

For a moment, after all those heart-beats... It was silent.

EEEEEERRRRRRRRAAAAAUGGGGHHHHHHHH

After that my eyes couldn't bare to look and all the pictures seemed to stay for a half-second or a full second. I had to learn my lesson the hard way (Cutman you merciless psycho D:  ).

The moral of the story, Don't have full blatter before playing Ghouls forest 3, cheating to yurei and not being able to kill her.

I know I probably took up a LOAD of space. Sowwy  :cry:

August 15, 2009, 08:30:57 PM
Reply #7

Offline Grymmoire

• GVH Engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 08:30:57 PM »
Yes... that was a bad experience. Also an embarrassing one.

August 15, 2009, 08:33:03 PM
Reply #8

Offline White

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 08:33:03 PM »
Quote from: "Damage"
Yes... that was a bad experience. Also an embarrassing one.

*cough* lol... *coughs again*

Dunno bro.
Edit: Offtopic : Way to steal a smiley from my forum and convert it to an avatar.  :cry:

August 15, 2009, 08:48:09 PM
Reply #9

Offline Grymmoire

• GVH Engineer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 08:48:09 PM »
Offtopic response: It's not a smilie from your forum, check the internet bro, this is a popular little icon, go ahead, Google it. i may change it anyway, to something more... damaging

August 16, 2009, 10:16:58 AM
Reply #10

Offline Blox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 05:25:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 10:16:58 AM »
My experience is the same as White's.
About 93% of it is the same as mine, since I tried doing it without cheats, but as the lust of victory grew.. You know what happened.

August 16, 2009, 12:49:10 PM
Reply #11

Offline Xorpedo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 07:53:32 AM

• View Profile
    • http://moonlightkillers.freeforums.org/
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Mine experience was when i was playing but my mum was calling me (i had my earphones, with max. volume :shock: ) and i had to look back at her. When i ended the 10 second talk i turned back to the laptop, i put my earphones on, and not even a second after i putted them, the creeper got me, and it was so loud i fell off the chair.  :oops:

August 17, 2009, 02:38:53 PM
Reply #12

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 02:38:53 PM »
I first played Ghouls Forest 3 in early testing stages, and believe me that's a lot scarier than what it is now. I had completely no idea if the monsters/scripts were gonna work, not work or do something completely unexpected and scare the hebejeebes out of me. Testing the creeper was horrible  :mad:

August 17, 2009, 02:43:29 PM
Reply #13

Offline White

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 02:43:29 PM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
I first played Ghouls Forest 3 in early testing stages, and believe me that's a lot scarier than what it is now. I had completely no idea if the monsters/scripts were gonna work, not work or do something completely unexpected and scare the hebejeebes out of me. Testing the creeper was horrible  :mad:

The feelings mutual, cutty.

Me working on GF4 is a new pair of pants every testing session  :evil:

Edit : YES YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT
I'm Making Ghoul's Forest 4

Im not sure if it will surpass it's "daddy", GF3, but I'm HOPING to do a good job on this. It will even un-ravel on the players in interesting and unique ways.

This will be compatible with zdoom   ;)

August 18, 2009, 07:05:11 AM
Reply #14

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 07:05:11 AM »