Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Expansion] Rockman No Constancy - Now Updated for v6b!  (Read 172141 times)

May 23, 2013, 01:01:13 PM
Reply #420

Offline Shade Guy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM

• View Profile
You made RNCDW1, can't you fix it or something
« Reply #420 on: May 23, 2013, 01:01:13 PM »
Yeah, Musashi went and did his own thing with most of the RNC songs when he was making them sound better, which is why they sound different to the originals. I don't really care about that, though. I'm just glad the edits I made to nearly every RNC map, from merely adding MM8 weapons to major changes (Quick NC was all Mendez though), weren't completely useless. I'm also glad that the expansion was finally made compatible with v3a...Even if it was 5 months overdue. Better late than never, I suppose.

May 23, 2013, 01:20:52 PM
Reply #421

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Expansion] Rockman No Constancy (Robots don't have skin
« Reply #421 on: May 23, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
(click to show/hide)

I saw that thing too but i was too lazy to post is but you did so thank you.

May 23, 2013, 05:08:13 PM
Reply #422

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 23, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »
Also spotted another error:
(click to show/hide)

May 23, 2013, 06:18:00 PM
Reply #423

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 23, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
That's a relic of the old pre-v3 palette (whose colors were already a stretch from the original, might I add, being the closest we could get).

May 23, 2013, 07:44:44 PM
Reply #424

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 23, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
Some more issues to point out:
(click to show/hide)
Also, final thing. I kinda dislike the Yashichi's new position in Flash Man No Constancy. Prehaps it should be located elsewhere that doesn't require cheats to be seen? Also, it should be added to it's retroactive spot in the Final Boss map as well.

May 24, 2013, 02:15:52 AM
Reply #425

Offline Tfp BreakDown

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 13, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

• View Profile
    • http://askmagnetman.tumblr.com/
« Reply #425 on: May 24, 2013, 02:15:52 AM »
How come the weapons sometimes won't regain ammo when W tanks or weapon energy pellets are taken?

May 24, 2013, 02:55:24 PM
Reply #426

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 24, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »
Quote from: "Tfp BreakDown"
How come the weapons sometimes won't regain ammo when W tanks or weapon energy pellets are taken?

I experienced this, too. It was only when I played online on PU & RNC SaxtonHale, so that could be it.

May 24, 2013, 05:11:51 PM
Reply #427

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 24, 2013, 05:11:51 PM »
I was going to say something, but then I saw weapon energy pellets mentioned, so I went out of the topic. However, I now feel I must say something.

Quote from: "TheDoc"
Quote from: "Tfp BreakDown"

I experienced this, too. It was only when I played online on PU & RNC SaxtonHale, so that could be it.

This had nothing to do with RNC at all. It was only because Powered-Up's WCOLORS (the script that determines weapon palettes and weapon ammo) was the one that was loaded during the server. If we had PU's Oil Slider and Time Slow in the rotation, the W Tank would have filled those. When my server crashed, I thought it was gone for good, so I went ahead and put up another server that fixed this issue, then found out the other one was still up. After confirming my theory, I shut down the other one. RNC weps will now refill in my server.

May 25, 2013, 12:10:17 AM
Reply #428

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
You fix what you break, and we broke a lot. Whoopsie.
« Reply #428 on: May 25, 2013, 12:10:17 AM »
Offsets and HUD issues should be fixed now. I still need to tweak a couple of things with Delay Flame, but for now have this:
(click to show/hide)
In regards to music, there are no plans to change it. As for the issue in RNCDW1, I assume Beed should be the one to fix it, since he's the one who created the stage. Beed, when you get the chance, send YD or me a fixed version of the map. For now, though, we're just a couple of minor issues away from a complete fix.

May 25, 2013, 12:39:58 AM
Reply #429

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 25, 2013, 12:39:58 AM »
I'm working on it. The portal's fixed, but I still need to figure out how to fix the castle texture in software.

Also, at the underwater area, the east wall (on the automap) has been moved in slightly to fix the symmetry on the castle's exterior, if that's alright. Here's some screenshots to show you what I mean:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Annnnd the castle's fixed. Wasn't too hard; the castle is now a middle-texture on a two-sided linedef instead of being on a solid wall.

May 25, 2013, 10:40:35 PM
Reply #430

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 25, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »
I apologise for double posting, but I've decided to quickly redo the music. It's been going great so far, I've been using Winamp to directly save .wav files of the songs in the Rockman No Constancy .nsf file, and then using Audacity to edit and convert them to .ogg, and somehow the resulting tracks are smaller than the current ones in the RNCMUSIC.wad file in the main .pk3 archive. I also have plans to delete the duplicate and unused songs in the RNCMUSIC.wad file as well.

And another bug report, the water in Bubble Man No Constancy doesn't splash.

And finally:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: And I just discovered that Flashman No Constancy's bot has the "chatfrequency" property set to 0, prevents him from speaking.

June 01, 2013, 07:40:28 PM
Reply #431

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
The REAL Rockman No Constancy v1b
« Reply #431 on: June 01, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »
Alright folks. Thanks to all your concerns and complaints, I'm here to present the REAL new version of RNC. The one that was released was meant to let the public do the testing for us because nobody seemed available to test it. Hence the -RC at the end of the file name that I'm sure nobody noticed. Apathy at it's finest.
NOW WITH 33% LESS BOTCHED COLOR TRANSLATIONS.
(click to show/hide)
Change list goes as follows:
-Fixed color translations on rising sun, delay flame and spin wheel
-Fixed the offsets of all RNC weapons and items (someone left the offsets at (8,15) when they should have been (8,16))
-DIDN'T replace the music. Thanks for the effort Beed, but we feel fine with Musashi's work.
-Actually, scratch that last bit. I did replace RNCCRED with Beed's version to cut down on file size. Otherwise, the music is the same.
-Fixed up the names in the credits. I added Messatsu to the list of RNC programmers. Thank you Mess. We owe you one.
-Now with 50% more apathy

http://static.best-ever.org/wads/rockmannoconstancy-v1b.pk3

This is probably going to be the last update we're going to make for this project. YD doesn't seem to want to work on it, and I want to begin work on other projects with other groups. It was a hectic year or two, what with massive delays and apathy all about. Regardless, we thank everyone for reporting their issues and showing their support all the way through. If there are STILL any complaints, I guess you can report them to YD and see if he cares. There's a good chance that it won't be fixed unless it's a major bug, though. Again, apathy and all that jazz. Seeya later.

June 01, 2013, 08:55:35 PM
Reply #432

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: The REAL Rockman No Constancy v1b
« Reply #432 on: June 01, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
Still needs a lot of work yet:

- Wind Slicer's pickup offset hasn't been updated
- Water in Bubbleman No Constancy doesn't splash, whereas the water in Wily 1 NC does.
- E-Tank's offset is wonky:
(click to show/hide)
- Ammo bars for Rising Sun and Spin Wheel are missing:
(click to show/hide)
By the way, it's actually been out ever since Cutstuff went down; I was checking the Best Ever wad page and I saw the new version uploaded.

Quote from: "Mendez"
-DIDN'T replace the music. Thanks for the effort Beed, but we feel fine with Musashi's work.
I feel saddened. :cry: Oh well, I'll put my music file up for download; load it after rockmannoconstancy-v1b.pk3 to use my music.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/a8aoa3

June 01, 2013, 10:40:58 PM
Reply #433

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
Re: [Expansion] Rockman No Constancy (We're done now go away
« Reply #433 on: June 01, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »
Thank you very much for the report, Beed. I managed to fix everything except Bubbleman No Constancy's water. Myroc uses 3d floors, whereas Wily 1 uses transfer heights. I assume Myroc didn't go with transfer heights because that would have been far too tedious. Besides, even if it loses the splash, it's far more convenient to have water as a 3d floor. I honestly don't want to waste 45 minutes just so the water can splash.
BUT HEY. WE'RE DONE NOW.

Change list goes as follows:
-Fixed horizontal ammo bars for Spin Wheel and Rising Sun (I forgot to make a texture for the horizontal ammo bars. Herp.)
-ALL offsets should be fixed now. I honestly don't know how I missed Wind Slicer and E-tank's second sprite. Thanks again Beed.
-50% more apathy

http://static.best-ever.org/wads/rockmannoconstancy-v1b2.pk3
THIS should be the last time we ever work on this project. Ever. Good night.

June 01, 2013, 11:46:49 PM
Reply #434

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Expansion] Rockman No Constancy (We're done now go away
« Reply #434 on: June 01, 2013, 11:46:49 PM »
Cue another list of problems from Beed.
In all seriousness, though, this expansion is incredibly awesome. Even if a lot of it is Za Warudo trolling.