Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff Sanctuary  (Read 125267 times)

August 08, 2015, 12:33:44 AM
Reply #300

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
Re: Cutstuff Sanctuary
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2015, 12:33:44 AM »
I don't really have a problem right now but I do have something I'd like to express and mention, I guess.

I noticed lately that I've been unusually..moody, I guess you could put it. I've had less patience with other people, I've been a bit more brusque and possibly rude to others and as a whole have just been rather touchy. Things that used to bother me a little have instead bothered me a lot, things that I usually give a pass and ignore now frustrate me a great deal, etc. I think this is mostly due to stuff in my outside life giving me a lot of stress and pressure and not having a whole lot of personal time to myself and my thoughts. I had been quite stressed and depressed in the past couple of weeks (and occasionally feeling lonely, odd considering how socially exhausted I had felt) and it just overall played a great deal on my mood and disposition. Even if I did manage to be happy for a bit, it wouldn't last long and the slightest thing would make me huffy and prickly again.

However, recently I was having a conversation with someone, and they told me that I was probably the nicest person they had ever met on cutstuff. That statement made me think about the rather touchy attitude I've had recently and I started to feel really bad right then and there. Being called nice yet not feeling like you've been a nice person in recent times..I felt undeserving. I try to make it a focus to be an amicable and helpful person at all times regardless of what's going on in my personal life, but I've kinda slipped up a lot and let my issues take control of the way I behaved. I want to be nice. I want to make people smile and laugh, not frown. I want to befriend people, not push them away or antagonize. It's just been a bit difficult lately somehow. I'm trying to get out of it.

So in the end I guess I'm just trying to apologize to people I might have hurt or made uncomfortable or just overall irked with my moodiness.

yeah

August 18, 2015, 05:12:09 PM
Reply #301

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 18, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »
Sometimes we can do some miss, but anyway, Kapus you are a pretty nice person who doesnt have bad intentions. Even you think You missed something, it's not a big deal, dont worry, You are a nice friend, hope i can see you more on skype to talk about your draws XD
You seem anxious but dont worry, you are cool.  :cool:

October 05, 2015, 01:42:10 AM
Reply #302

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »
(click to show/hide)

October 05, 2015, 01:45:26 AM
Reply #303

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »
(click to show/hide)

October 06, 2015, 11:19:05 PM
Reply #304

Offline Mr. Sean Nelson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 30, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2015, 11:19:05 PM »
I earned a Master's in clinical psychology recently, and I still don't know if I even like the work.
It's stressing me out a lot.

June 18, 2016, 08:19:58 PM
Reply #305

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2016, 08:19:58 PM »
You know, i was mad with cutstuff because people have made a vendetta against jclass, Fyone have made a little update but he wont continue the mod, because even if we have a few people, the others boycott Jclass mod and worse than that, they want YDclass to be the main robotmaster mod, so a lot of guys like May (pikmin) and some others are come to troll and insult us, some people used some bugs to force crash the server.

How can i like the community ? I can't.
I play some others fps who are played by adult (like zandronum server) and it's really better, people are adult and don't give a fuck to the others, we want juste have fun.
There is a lot of people in mm8bdm who want just terrorize the few people We had in justifiedclass, even with the last version, digusting. Im out.
I think, cutmanmike should do something, like asking to some people to do their job in the servers if you want keep the community fair and nice, actually, it's not.

Each time i go in a server, im trolled by any way, some people try to be smart and joke about some others but the problem, NOBODY try to ban them, there is a problem of climat in mm8bdm, when a guy start to insult some others and nobody vote to ban him, there is a problem, not only bullying or terrorising, but also the fact, the community of custuff/mm8bdm is not A community, it's THE community of some people who want the others to follow the same opinion.

I will be banned but anyway, who care, i wanted the best for this community but people prefer have no solidarity with the others. (anyway, not like if i post a lot).
I should have never played Megaman games...the whole community is a bit the same, like super smash bros and some others from game who have a childish style (not in the bad way).

People should be act like adult and be more nice with new people, new mods and stuff, i have always fun when i play but people ruin it and use some guys (like me) as a scapegoat but SOME admins prefer keep the atmosphere like that, i don't think, I like this way to keep the community so closed (i would want see some tchat in skype just to confirm what i say, is true but im pretty i know really what happen there).

Have fun with the games and mods, not with the community, if you play to enjoy more a community than a game, so you don't have life.
Because some people had personal dispute with some devrooms, they want see the mod itself dead, seriously, if some people like the mod who was made, you should respect the travail who was done, at least (even if you dont like the guys who made it), look, i have still played YDclass even when there was some problems', i don't play anymore because i prefer have some others experiences. Anyway, Bullying a server because you hate the guy who made the mod, when some neutral people have fun with the mod, is very egoist/selfish.

Im sad for JustifiedClass and some others stuff, Bullying Freak who wanted rebecome a friend of you, but you prefered blame him "because it's so fun to bash" instead of trying to fix the problem, tengu tchat people are strong" He did some bad or boring things, but some people did the same, but sure, those people are sometimes, in the devroom or friends of the people of the devroom, so they are always RIGHT.

And you should allow people to debate when there is a ""drama", people are intelligent enough to understand the problem and fix it together.
But instead, people prefer to hide themselves behind their group of friends, not because they are right, but because they are a lot of people Nobody want try contradict.
That's the problem.

June 18, 2016, 11:22:24 PM
Reply #306

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 18, 2016, 11:22:24 PM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
Have fun with the games and mods, not with the community, if you play to enjoy more a community than a game, so you don't have life.
Are you saying we have no life if we enjoy interacting with people more than playing videogames? That's new.

June 19, 2016, 08:14:53 PM
Reply #307

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2016, 08:14:53 PM »
Quote from: "Laggy Blazko"
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
Are you saying we have no life if we enjoy interacting with people more than playing videogames? That's new.
I don't mean to be rude, but I'm paying more attention to the player spitefulness he brought up that no one's doing a thing about.

June 19, 2016, 10:21:13 PM
Reply #308

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
Don't do what Musashi did: Don't make bad assumptions.
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2016, 10:21:13 PM »
I remember feeling just like Stonefunk. I talked with King Dumb about it, and here's what I took away from my conversation from KD:
Nobody is against you, and if they were, the community is small enough where you can deal with matters DIRECTLY instead of making lame blanket assumptions that will likely have no merit once you're asked for actual evidence. I see Stonefunk's statements about boycotts and bullying and just think that he's either living in the past or incredibly paranoid about what's going on around him. From my experience, I've actually seen people treating Fr3ak fairly. I've even talked with the guy, he seems less like a kid desperate for attention and more like a person you can have a nice conversation with.
Funny how things change over time, right?
But the fact of the matter is that there will always be conflicts among players over petty things. I was once super rude to a female player, and guess what happened after that? Nothing, because it was petty and I know better now. You take these petty issues seriously and you're going to start losing your mind sooner or later, Stonefunk. All these "bad people", this "tengu chat", you can't treat them like big faceless entities that you can't touch and feel obligated to call out. You're a grown man now, you know what you can do? Talk to them. This isn't 6 years ago, where most of us were in high school. We're growing up now, just like you, and we now have the intellect required to express our emotions and thoroughly explain what makes us unhappy.
As an aside, that's the reason I have more respect for Lego and King Dumb than I will ever have for the rest of this community. They're some of the only people I can actually talk to about issues without being ignored.
Stop being so scared to cover your accusations with "some people" and "some Admins". That just makes your complaints look petty. And throw whatever assumptions you had about Skype chats out the window. I'm part of Freeman's chat and it's not like we're constantly conspiring to take down whoever we don't like. Keep filling in the blanks with your own lame assumptions, but it doesn't resolve anything. Try talking to at least one person that you've accused of abusing the community. You'll be better off seeking the truth than poorly attempting to believe you know the truth.

June 20, 2016, 11:45:00 AM
Reply #309

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
This shouldn't even be in this topic gdi
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
Quote from: "Mendez"
I remember feeling just like Stonefunk. I talked with King Dumb about it, and here's what I took away from my conversation from KD:
And throw whatever assumptions you had about Skype chats out the window. I'm part of Freeman's chat and it's not like we're constantly conspiring to take down whoever we don't like. Keep filling in the blanks with your own lame assumptions, but it doesn't resolve anything.
This right here.

I'm part of Tengu's chat and, as far as I know, we haven't wronged anyone. We have better things to do than plot some grand scheme to stage a coup or whatever the hell is being suggested here. Quit displacing your frustration on us, damn it.

June 20, 2016, 03:39:14 PM
Reply #310

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2016, 03:39:14 PM »
I havent posted it for the fun and because i'm frustrated, just bored about being patient with some people since 2010.
With some others communities, it's weird but i have no problem, maybe because adults are less agressive, usually.

I'm maybe negative but i try to be not blind, anyway, not like if it's a deal, right ? Not like if i could come back even in the servers because i'm scared when i come.
Some people say I can't handle jokes, but when i see stuff like "Packmap : Stonefuck" or when people like quote me when i fail a bit with my english or others, its really boring, im pretty sure, i will never have this problem in doom servers (where people, at the worst, just insult and leave, because, it's a community where people dont give a f*ck to the others, and thats the best.
I don't care about people but the way some people act, especially in group, is really awful.

Admins (especially in the servers), should do their work, EVEN when a guy troll an other because they think they will be see as smart people, it's still bad and not fun, just very childish.
Like a certain guy who said to the BE admins Im abusing ban on him, you know what? If those people trolled in DOOM servers like they do in MM8BDM, they could be mass permabanned and good thing, the DOOM community is more serious than that.

I suppose, there is nothing to change, since the community of MM8BDM is like that, anyway'
I would want see "some" people trolling some people who are popular or skilled, just to see if they could be able do the same thing, or not.... :/

June 20, 2016, 05:03:22 PM
Reply #311

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2016, 05:03:22 PM »
What are you talking about? I'm in the Doom community too, and:
1.- There are groups of people who care about each other.
2.- There are people who sometimes join servers to votekick people.
3.- Now Best-Ever gave server owners freedom/responsability to ban and allow whoever they want, I'm sure this is going to be abused in both MM8BDM and Doom. There were already people abusing stuff before and now there will be more.

This community is not better or worse than the Doom community. It's just smaller and people know each other more.

June 20, 2016, 06:12:26 PM
Reply #312

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2016, 06:12:26 PM »
At least, JustifiedClass fans will be allowed to play the mod with fun without to be trolled or listen some "boycott stuff.
Have fun with your mods guys.

If people can't handle a community, better to separated, i think. (:

June 20, 2016, 11:56:28 PM
Reply #313

Offline Jman

• Standard Member

• ( ͡° ͜&#
  • Date Registered: June 28, 2011, 02:09:25 AM

• View Profile
I'm gonna get ad-hominem'd so hard
« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2016, 11:56:28 PM »
I'll be pretty direct about this, Stonefunk. Long anecdote incoming, so it'll be spoilered for your convenience.
(click to show/hide)

June 21, 2016, 02:14:44 AM
Reply #314

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2016, 02:14:44 AM »
Those are points I hadn't considered. Using Fr3akGamer as an example, as Stonefunk so insisted, let me help put it into perspective. He's extremely clingy to those he wants to get in good with (read: literally anyone on the DOS Reborn team), juvenile and petty in regards to those he dislikes (read: literally anyone in Tengu's chat), and on the whole, generally unsavory and toxic (largely in regards to his crude, tactless sense of humor). These traits are all pretty off-putting on their own, but collectively they're a complete dumpster fire. Why would anyone in their right mind make an active effort to "fix the problem" with someone like this when it's far less psychologically taxing to simply tune them out altogether? It just doesn't work that way.