Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bugs/Suggestions / Re: Bars and Numbers: a New Default UI?
« Last post by cowsha on August 17, 2022, 11:26:53 PM »
All of us on the development team generally agree that introducing these as options is not a viable route to take. Modders already struggle to support both horizontal and vertical modes properly, given the amount of graphics and offsetting work it requires. It's definitely not gonna become any easier when that work becomes quadruple what it is now. The more difficult it becomes for modders, the more likely modders just won't support the other options or will remove the options, nullifying the entire point of them being options to begin with.
Personally i prefer "Double Take", as i first saw them like a year ago, when A-Chan suggested them as replacement for current ones.

But having, at least, some of them as separate options actually way more better.
I see no trouble with supporting multiple options in mod as well, and i doubt vanilla existence purpose is only to be modified in future.
People still play vanilla 8bdm and enjoy it.
Tutorial Collection / Re: [TUTOR] SECTINFO Setup
« Last post by Thunderono on August 15, 2022, 10:29:42 PM »
At the request of Trillster, I've added support for Domination points to this tool.  The included pdf has been updated with a breakdown of how exactly they work, but the short version is that you would add a "user_point" user variable to all the sectors you want to make up a capture point.  This works alongside the user_callout uservar, so you'd want the sector to have both.  OP has been updated with the new link, have fun!
Anything Goes / Re: Cutstuff Sanctuary
« Last post by HeelNavi on August 14, 2022, 07:59:19 PM »
are u guys okay jesus christ did this game damage us THAT much
he's got a point
DECORATE and ACS Modifications / Re: Frags' SHBCX (Thread ded. Pls lock.)
« Last post by Hunter Frags on August 06, 2022, 09:21:54 PM »
I live again! Well, for a second.

As I eventually figured, this little mod thing (last referred to as HECC Classes in videos on my old YT Maestromogus) is in an unsure state. I did a bunch and then started feeling eh about the quality, so I paused progress on it for a loooong while.

If I get back to this and feel more confident about the condition of things, I'll just start a new thread for it. I'll just make a clear file and re-add/revise things one at a time that I feel good with. In the meantime, feel free to lock this one.
Maps / Re: MM8BDM Mirror CTF Map Pack
« Last post by MrShadowXP on August 03, 2022, 05:57:01 PM »
Yes, it would be Cool
« Last post by Nxbulaa_ on August 03, 2022, 04:19:34 AM »
can't wait for the update that mirrors mm4dri
« Last post by ServantofCygnus on August 03, 2022, 04:03:44 AM »
He can't keep getting away with it.
Maps / MM8BDM Mirror CTF Map Pack
« Last post by Mendez on August 03, 2022, 02:57:28 AM »
One day, Greg.EXE had a concept for a CTF map that consisted of mirroring Knight Man. I took that concept and ran it straight into the ground. Introducing....

The MM8BDM Mirror CTF Map Pack!

TSPG link: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=mm8bdm-mirrorctf-v1a.pk3
Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w2qret9uuwmlbo/mm8bdm-mirrorctf-v1a.pk3?dl=1

This is a map pack that takes a level from each major mega man game (1-10, V) and mirrors it to work for CTF. It also introduces recolored textures and props to help players distinguish between light side and wily side. Some care was taken to keep the weapon layout somewhat balanced but honestly I haven't played vanilla in long enough to know what's considered balanced so I just trusted the vanilla devs on this one and let most of the current weapons stay on the map. If people like the layouts or ideas though, I can definitely update the maps with more thoughtful weapon/item layouts.

Image gallery: https://imgur.com/a/FwxWsDh

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)
Please enjoy the maps and feel free to use them for whatever mode you feel like! (DM, TLMS, Survival, etc.) If you want to use maps from this map pack, please remember to give credit to me and the original authors included in the credits file.
Maps / Re: [Map Pack] PEGGPACK - v1a
« Last post by MrShadowXP on August 01, 2022, 04:51:55 PM »
Cool.
Maps / Re: [Map Pack] PEGGPACK - v1a
« Last post by YairDude on July 30, 2022, 07:53:55 PM »
maps suck make better ones rn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10