Advanced Search

Author Topic: Uki's Weaponry (UkiWeps v3c & MACS v1d)  (Read 93597 times)

May 15, 2022, 12:25:17 AM
Reply #195

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
Re: Uki's Weaponry (Make a Class Simulator v1a)
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2022, 12:25:17 AM »
Hello... Is anyone here?.... Well if someone is listening... Heres a new mod! This mod is called Make a Class Simulator! Or MACS for short. Whats MACS? Read below to learn about it!
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=macsv1a.pk3

"Whats is MACS?" - The mod basically came around when CSCC was dead for years before they started updating again, and I was always wondering what could happen if I expanded the Uki Class even further beyond what the class design could have ever dreamed.

"What can I do with Make A Class?" - Well the premise is pretty simple, when you load the mod up and start,  you will have a new menu conveniently named Make-A-Class. Within that Menu lies a huge amount of options that allow you to tweak yourself around in various ways, effectively making a "class" while still technically only being the base class.

"What can I change with the Make A Class?" - Well for starters the initial screen has a few options to tweak right off the bat, with your health, movement speed, and jump height. Then you might notice the mainfire and altfire menu. Enter either menu and suddenly you will have a selection of options that can alter the way the weapon can function allowing for all sorts of crazy things.

"So I just adjust the menu options and it works?" - Yes! I am only one person so I might have missed a combo or two but in general if you say select a "rapid velocity shot that crawls on the floor as a ripper, with 150 health, 2 speed, 12 jump", when you hop into a round, thats what you would have.

"Uki, how is the damage concerned, that sounds like it would be busted balance wise!" - Well your not wrong, BUT the damage is calculated through a script for every shot from every player based on what options have been selected, or how you altered your stats! So you can have all the good stuff... but your damage output will suffer immensely for it (not saying that a combo or two probably still shreds harder than anticipated)

"Uki, your mods broke, I am doing -0 damage 0/10 no good" - The key component of the mod is allowing you to gain stats based on what you have attached or what your base stats are, the general rule of thumb is if it feels negative like a stat decrease or just flat nothing, you do more, if you have more of a stat or positive effects like having your shot bounce, you lose power instead."

"What is the altfire capable of?" - When you entire the altfire menu the first option allows you to select a choice of what you might want, there is currently 5 options, flight boost sends you up, dash boost sends you straight ahead, energy absorber which can provide a shield that when struck, can give a bit of energy back, and if you couldn't have guessed, the forth option provides the opportunity to create a whole second shot to play around with! But just as a warning the ammo is cut in half for the altfire so its not a complete second ammo bar! Also if you really want a small power boost, you can give up the altfire for a small damage boost on the mainfire like if you select nothing on any of the main shot categories.

"Ok but why do the bots I am playing against have random colors for them and their shots?" - In the first menu you go into you may have noticed a cosmetic menu. In this menu you can set up both the projectiles colors and even your own colors that will be used when your playing your custom creation! You can also change the sound of the gun being fired to a assortment of sounds from the base game, allowing for even more custom goodness.

"Why do I have headache looking at this menu" - It can be pretty daunting looking at it but after a little while, you will see how simple it really is. And the best advice I can give is if it feels like a negative thing, the damage goes up, if its a positive thing, it goes down. Try to keep yourself balanced and you will be alright.

"Uki this all sounds crazily broken!" - Your probably right! But the mod has always been built with the idea that it would be chaotic anyway so I think it will be alright. I mean you can't balance everything and I am sure there is a few bugs with how I had coded things. But its chaotic fun for all for sure!

As a extra note of caution though, since I have never really tested this online besides basics, the bandwith this mod could probably output is probably absurd do to the color scripts and all the wacky effects the projectile itself can do so I would expect lag spikes and the sort to occur, but you do you!

Now that the Q&A is over that was questions that imaginary people asked me 100%, go try the mod and take it.... to the MACS!

June 10, 2022, 02:18:55 AM
Reply #196

Offline eddiegames

• Standard Member

• TheMod is the best, the stupider the better
  • Date Registered: May 15, 2016, 03:45:02 PM

• View Profile
Re: Uki's Weaponry (Make a Class Simulator v1a)
« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2022, 02:18:55 AM »
oh hey this seems super cool, I cant wait to try out customizing

March 26, 2023, 09:07:43 PM
Reply #197

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• View Profile
Re: Uki's Weaponry (Ukiweps v3b)
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2023, 09:07:43 PM »
Uki Weps 3b is now available! While the content update is minimal, the main focus was getting things up and running on v6b, mweps is no longer a requirement due to core having all the features of that built in. So enjoy the usual insanity!

https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=ukiwepsv3b-h.pk3

April 09, 2023, 04:48:58 AM
Reply #198

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• View Profile
Re: Uki's Weaponry (UkiWeps v3b & MACS v1b)
« Reply #198 on: April 09, 2023, 04:48:58 AM »

MACS v1b is now finally out! Not only does it contain the v6b update routine, but it has plenty of other extras that I have had for over a year and never released and more! Saving your class designs, projectile graphic swaps, trail swaps, gravity changing and slow shots galore! Feel free to read the changes on the first post! Hopefully it all runs about as well as it did before!

https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=macsv1b.pk3

May 29, 2023, 10:00:38 PM
Reply #199

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• View Profile
Re: Uki's Weaponry (UkiWeps v3b & MACS v1c)
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2023, 10:00:38 PM »
https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=macsv1c.pk3

MACS V1c is now out! Quite a few new things have been added to add to the extreme chaos of it all, check the first post for the changes! Have fun!

August 04, 2023, 09:08:24 PM
Reply #200

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• View Profile
Re: Uki's Weaponry (UkiWeps v3b & MACS v1d)
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2023, 09:08:24 PM »
https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=macsv1d.pk3

Oh hi there again! Macs V1d is now available to download! It contains some new fun features and some bug fixes from v1c! Read the change log on the front page for more info! Enjoy the insanity!