Advanced Search

Author Topic: [EXPANSION] Rokko Chan - Expansion Pack Limbo...  (Read 69910 times)

February 14, 2013, 11:07:53 PM
Reply #45

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: [EXPANSION] Rokko Chan
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »
She isn't a main robot master (if at all) and doesn't give a copy weapon, no need to make one.

February 14, 2013, 11:11:49 PM
Reply #46

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 11:11:49 PM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
She isn't a main robot master (if at all) and doesn't give a copy weapon, no need to make one.
Darn...
It would have been cool to use it...

February 14, 2013, 11:21:11 PM
Reply #47

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »
It's not like you can't add one though.

People made weapons for Darkman and Fakeman, even though they don't give you their weapons.

ANYWAYS, I've done a bit more work on Forestman, no front or back poses though

February 14, 2013, 11:26:56 PM
Reply #48

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:56 PM »
His leaf could stick out a little more on the side frames, but besides that it looks pretty good.

February 14, 2013, 11:27:50 PM
Reply #49

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
Quote from: "geno"
It's not like you can't add one though.

People made weapons for Darkman and Fakeman, even though they don't give you their weapons.
Both are also not in the main game. They are additional for mods only. Trust me don't make them for this mod if you do.

February 15, 2013, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #50

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 01:18:18 AM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
I'd be more than willing to make props for the stages! I'm good at small spriting stuff.

That being said, I'm not sure exactly how to code them, but I'll sprite some for you! Just give me ideas on what you'd like to see in the stages.
Well, first we'd need people signing up for maps, and no one has made a concrete claim on a map as of yet.

Quote from: "FTX"
As a note, what you're using for Fire2 is really a mid-frame used in his intro animation.  I'm not sure how he'd look firing like that in-game, but I'm not sure how I'd handle it otherwise.

Quote from: "Player 1"
I didn't feel like mapping right now, so have a botchat.
(click to show/hide)
Feel free to modify, as long as you still credit me.
Totally stealing every single one of these and adding a few of my own  :ugeek:

Quote from: "Zard1084"
Hey what about Lancea's weapon? i think i can take a stab at it
sorry for the bad pun but is anyone doing Lancea's weapon? i think i can make it
it's a shield and spear weapon it should be easy to make...
I don't mind the idea.  Like everyone else has already said, it's not in the core game, but the thing for released expansions seems to be to get Classes made for them afterwards (Powered Up fused with YDClasses, and Rockman No Constancy is on the way now).  Such a weapon's coding might be useful for the (inevitable?) Lancea class.
Not to mention the presence of another weapon that also wasn't in the core game
But it would be more helpful to us if you coded the other weapons that need doing first.  If you would like to do so you can discuss it with SmashBroPlusB and Lego; they're the two main weapon crafters and I'm not even sure who's claimed what over there.

February 15, 2013, 01:56:31 AM
Reply #51

Knux

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2013, 01:56:31 AM »
I remember that when I played this game, I only tried (and beat) Rolling Man's stage. IIRC, the gimmick on it was the stage flipping. Since that is impossible on ST's engine, how would you picture a map of that stage? I don't remember any other gimmicks, so I might have to watch a video. If you think it'll spoil something, send me a PM with your answer instead.

That said, I could try doing Rolling Man's map depending on what you wanna see on it, but that would be after I finish with another map I'm working on.

February 15, 2013, 02:03:22 AM
Reply #52

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2013, 02:03:22 AM »
Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
Quote from: "Zard1084"
Hey what about Lancea's weapon? i think i can take a stab at it
sorry for the bad pun but is anyone doing Lancea's weapon? i think i can make it
it's a shield and spear weapon it should be easy to make...
I don't mind the idea.  Like everyone else has already said, it's not in the core game, but the thing for released expansions seems to be to get Classes made for them afterwards (Powered Up fused with YDClasses, and Rockman No Constancy is on the way now).  Such a weapon's coding might be useful for the (inevitable?) Lancea class.
Not to mention the presence of another weapon that also wasn't in the core game
But it would be more helpful to us if you coded the other weapons that need doing first.  If you would like to do so you can discuss it with SmashBroPlusB and Lego; they're the two main weapon crafters and I'm not even sure who's claimed what over there.
Alright then i'll just try to code some other weapon that was not taken....

February 15, 2013, 03:01:56 AM
Reply #53

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2013, 03:01:56 AM »
Quote from: "Knux"
I remember that when I played this game, I only tried (and beat) Rolling Man's stage. IIRC, the gimmick on it was the stage flipping. Since that is impossible on ST's engine, how would you picture a map of that stage? I don't remember any other gimmicks, so I might have to watch a video. If you think it'll spoil something, send me a PM with your answer instead.

That said, I could try doing Rolling Man's map depending on what you wanna see on it, but that would be after I finish with another map I'm working on.
Volcanoman's stage has a couple special blocks that sink into the lava after you jump on them, and also a rising lava segment.  Both easily doable, but what would we do with them?
Hockeyman's stage has ice platforms that break under your feet and icicles that fall from above.  Both easily doable.
Jetman's stage has some moving platforms and some fans that cause wind currents (We could recycle Fan Fiend's pushing script).  Also the eagle-riding, but how would we work that in?
Forestman's stage contains some blocks you have to shoot to get out of your way, a boulder-chase scene, and some tar-like stuff that slows down Rokko's movement.  The swingable vines probably won't work at all.
Lightningman's stage has it all...conveyor belts...falling crates that slide along the conveyor belts...a blackout segment where you can only see things when an enemy launches energy balls that touch the lightbulbs scattered around...and these odd wheel things where you have to use gravity to make them spin forward.  Most of these are probably impossible.
Mad 1 recycles Jet's moving platforms; Mad 2, Lightning's wheels.

As for Rolling-Man's stage...hm.  Well, I'm flashing back to the Dr. Wily 3 stage in Rockman No Constancy, the one where there were teleporters that put you up on the ceiling.  Maybe the "rolling platforms" could be teleporters, and they warp you onto the walls and ceiling of this inside complex.  I would also add an outside area away from all this madness, where gravity is normal...and make the indoor facility airtight so you can only leave while your gravity is normal as well.

February 15, 2013, 04:14:03 AM
Reply #54

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2013, 04:14:03 AM »
The falling crates are not impossible. DarkAura once coded Mercury's destroyable barrels for me, so I'm sure the crate thing can be done.

I imagine the blackout effect could be done in a similar style to Quick Man Remixed, with the Hothead room.

As for the vine swinging, you could replace those with Thunder Claw pegs.

February 15, 2013, 06:14:43 PM
Reply #55

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »
Well heres the new shooting sprites but the one with red colors looks bad and i can't fix it so can you chaos fantasy fix it.

February 15, 2013, 06:25:12 PM
Reply #56

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2013, 06:25:12 PM »
please

for the love of god

change those unholy side walking frames

February 15, 2013, 06:54:00 PM
Reply #57

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
his head is still too fat on the front frames.

it's obvious he doesn't want to fix what we've mentioned, someone should just confiscate the skin.

he'd still get credit, probably.

February 15, 2013, 06:58:40 PM
Reply #58

Offline Caprice

• Enthusiast

• open hole
  • Date Registered: May 28, 2011, 10:52:19 PM

• View Profile
    • i left my soda in the freezer oh no!!
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
Well, first we'd need people signing up for maps, and no one has made a concrete claim on a map as of yet.

Well, I've been working on Lightning Man's map for a while so I may as well claim it.

February 15, 2013, 07:02:45 PM
Reply #59

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 07:02:45 PM »
I just want to someone to fix VOLCG6G4 frames and thats all then im will finish this skin then.  :| :EDIT: I have fixed the side walking frames but not fixed the VOLCG6G4 frame.