Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Robots are Revolting! (DOS Reborn) [V2A Released!]  (Read 129740 times)

July 20, 2018, 03:30:20 AM
Reply #135

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
Great. An official Torch Man.
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2018, 03:30:20 AM »
So What's Name For Burning Type Robot Master?

Maybe Renamed for Pyro Man?

July 20, 2018, 08:33:40 AM
Reply #136

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
Re: The Robots are Revolting! (DOS Reborn)
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »
So What's Name For Burning Type Robot Master?

Maybe Renamed for Pyro Man?

Furnace or Blaze sounds better imo.

Hope this project is still being worked on though.

August 07, 2018, 02:12:36 PM
Reply #137

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »
I hope they are, they've done too much to just drop now.
Maybe some encouragement would help?
  :)

August 09, 2018, 11:12:32 PM
Reply #138

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2018, 11:12:32 PM »
Okay, sorry for the double post, but, I really felt like I had to congratulate the team behind this whole thing. What you people have done, is amazing. I am a firm believer that everything is redeemable, and you have proved that even further for me. All the effort you have put into this project is a miracle of a passion project. This is the kind of stuff that makes me smile, and makes me believe in humanity again. Thank you so much for your hard work; your determination, I hope to hear more from you (hopefully, this thread doesn't die)

As a side note, I've been thinking of new names for da boi, Torch Man. How about Butane Man? Or words like Blaze, Sizzle or Carbo?
Just something I wanted to add.

Once again, thank you. Keep up the good work! :D

August 09, 2018, 11:32:05 PM
Reply #139

Offline NES Boy

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2018, 11:32:05 PM »
Try poking around Snakepixel's Twitter feed I'm sure he said something about the MM11 Torch Man, and he is the one that created the design this expansion was using.

August 09, 2018, 11:51:40 PM
Reply #140

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2018, 11:51:40 PM »
Well, I don't exactly go on a Twitter...I'm scared of social medias, due to my education. :(

August 10, 2018, 02:18:52 AM
Reply #141

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2018, 02:18:52 AM »
It's true that he created the designs we're now using, but we renamed the redundant Robot Masters ourselves. We've been throwing some new names for Torch Man around, but some suggestions would sure be welcome. Personally, I'd love a name that's more than just a synonym for fire, so I like Butane Man quite a bit.

August 10, 2018, 07:56:00 AM
Reply #142

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2018, 07:56:00 AM »
Good to hear! I'm looking forward to this new story, having already finished the campaign.
By the way, can you tell us if there will be in-game cutscenes  or is that a secret?

On second thought, that's probably something that should be kept as a surprise.
Instead of that, let's talk about something that hasn't really been mentioned: how's the music department going?
Still feeling inspired?

Oh, one last thing. I've come to notice that the DOS Reborn robits are in pretty much every stage of the tournament.vNo matter the stage, there will always be one of'em. I feel that is rather unnecessary. Is there anything you can do about it, or is it a delibirate choice?
Boy, I sure do ask a lot of questions...I guess it shows that I care that much!

August 17, 2018, 02:18:47 AM
Reply #143

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2018, 02:18:47 AM »
It's true that he created the designs we're now using, but we renamed the redundant Robot Masters ourselves. We've been throwing some new names for Torch Man around, but some suggestions would sure be welcome. Personally, I'd love a name that's more than just a synonym for fire, so I like Butane Man quite a bit.
Why not try Solder? It's another word for a Welder, which Torch was based on, and your weapon is called "Blow Torch"

August 21, 2018, 10:11:07 PM
Reply #144

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2018, 10:11:07 PM »
I have to say, those are some pretty well thought names.
Solder Man makes me think "Soldier Man" and Welder Man just...sounds funny. I like them! Definitely more inspired than what I came up with.

September 02, 2018, 03:53:47 AM
Reply #145

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2018, 03:53:47 AM »
Hi, folks! Magnet Dood here with some news-- both good (yay!) and bad (aww...). Let's start with the good, eh?

So, first things first: we're gearing up for our first release! Reports of this project's demise have been greatly exaggerated; as a matter of fact, progress has accelerated at a lightning fast pace in recent weeks. Regarding maps, there are only two left that require further work for an initial v1a, and those two are well on their way to being completed. How exciting is that?!

Now for the bad news.

Our v1a promise was to offer a whole new campaign and awesome weapons for the players to try out, to really make it feel like a brand new expansion. I regret to inform people that we won't be able to do that. The v1a release will only contain the maps for people to try out, and neither the weapons nor the campaign will make any sort of appearance. I shoulder a lot of the blame for this-- I grew complacent with letting the project grow stagnant as the months wore on, and I didn't make much of an effort to push for any sort of content creation. As a matter of fact, I'm not even the guy who made the last great push to get things released-- Thunderono deserves the acclaim for making sure we have any chance of a release at all. If there's one guy you should thank for his work on this expansion, it is definitely him... well, and Caprice for making a ton of the amazing textures we've gotten. I sincerely apologize to anyone who was really looking forward to all of the content we promised; we really want you to enjoy what we do have, rather than giving out nothing, so we decided this was the next best thing.

In any case, I have no concrete release date to give out yet. In two weeks, however, I think I'll be able to give one out, so stay tuned for it. For all those looking forward to the weapons and a possible campaign, don't fret- since the maps were easily the hardest part of this endeavor, future releases for any possible fixes needed might include those later down the line. We will be sure to update folks about that after our first release and hearing people's thoughts about the content we initially put out.

In other, slightly more boring news:

* Torch Man has now been renamed to Braze Man. He seems pretty pleased with the change, and is quoted as saying, "Only such a fine and powerful name could be befitting of my brazing brilliance!"

* Shark Man advises caution when exploring his deep-sea caves, citing a seaweed infestation. "Rotten invasive species messing up my cliffsides... now I've lost track of my sentries!" he lamented.

* Sonic Man notes that Met Punk will be holding a show in his radio tower soon, and everyone's invited. "Hope you all enjoy their sick tunes-- and their dance moves!" he said before skating away.

* Volt Man recently received a new coat of paint to his power plant. "The changes really spruced up the place. I've never seen Batteraijin so happy... even if he does always seem to be smiling."

* Buoy Man has asked me to offer a reminder to enjoy your local swimming pools before they close for the fall. "Don't forget to thank your lifeguards!"

* Knife Man is on the lookout for two thugs accused of shutting down the subway system in his precinct. He has his best officers on the case, but appreciates any and all tips and info he can get. "Help keep our streets safe from these troublemakers. Don't let them cause any more harm to our fair city."

* Bit Man will be holding his first annual drill bit convention out on his oil rig. "Come on and check the largest collection of drill bits in the world! Feel free to bring your own, too, I love all sorts of drill bits!" Tickets start at 10,000 zenny.

That's all the news we have for today. We all thank you for your continued patience, and we're very excited to see it rewarded. Stay tuned for screenshots and a release date, coming soon!

The DOS Reborn Development Team

September 02, 2018, 04:24:14 AM
Reply #146

Offline Rokim21

• Standard Member

• Obscure games deserve respect!
  • Date Registered: September 18, 2016, 01:55:11 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2018, 04:24:14 AM »
Another dead expansion?! Is this a trend now or what?

September 02, 2018, 04:30:03 AM
Reply #147

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2018, 04:30:03 AM »
So, first things first: we're gearing up for our first release!

Another dead expansion?!

September 02, 2018, 08:40:16 AM
Reply #148

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2018, 08:40:16 AM »
Oohoo, good job! I shouldn't be surprised at the lack of weapons, it is a difficult task. I was actually going to maybe propose Roast Man because he'd break you with his sick burns............ahem. Anyway, I wish I could help out...So, will there be a re-release for the bots? Also, any line of dialogue involving Torch Braze Man will have to get changed, such as Petrol Man's "If you're wondering, Torch Man gets his butane from me".

Aside from that, thank you Thunderono for holding to this whole thing and making sure it didn't suffer the same fate as sooooooo many fan-made expansions! Not sure I've would've been able to think joyfully (without coming back to this) for a couple of weeks...

September 03, 2018, 07:57:49 AM
Reply #149

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2018, 07:57:49 AM »
Well good to see this is actually getting close to a release, happy to know it has been getting worked on behind the scenes. Completely opposite of the other also, which has all the weapons, but not maps, which I find rather funny tbh.