Advanced Search

Author Topic: GVHv3b6 - Released!  (Read 69495 times)

June 25, 2011, 04:04:05 PM
Read 69495 times

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
GVHv3b6 - Released!
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:04:05 PM »
This is the official topic to post all feedback in about GVHv3b2 (or later) and related files.

Current version (V3B6) download links:
Wadhost: http://wadhost.fathax.com/request.php?307
BE: http://static.best-ever.org/wads/gvhv3b6.pk3
http://static.best-ever.org/wads/gvhv3b ... battle.pk3
http://static.best-ever.org/wads/gvhv3b ... -santa.pk3

Previous version:
http://wadhost.fathax.com/download.php?view.34 (Contains Yurei Battle and Santa as well.)

Previous betas:

Here's the changelist:
(click to show/hide)
GVH is still subject to change, and feedback is highly encouraged as it will make things a little easier, as not all things can be succesfully tested on bots. :P

Please put any bugs you see in here as well with if possible, an image (ImageShack is exellent for image hosting), and all the details you can offer, such as (if that applies) how a bug is reproduced, where on the map the bug is (you can turn on the map overlay or make a second screenshot of the in-game map), and anything else important.

Though if im around in a game of GVH i guess you could give me any bugs and/or feedback there as well. This topic will do fine for any questions as well. And its highly appreciated if people host it so i can get alot more feedback. I'll probaly host this frequently as long as it needs testing.
Edit: Well this topic should work out for feedback about the official release too.

June 25, 2011, 04:13:17 PM
Reply #1

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: GVHv3b2 Beta
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
Hmm... What happened to your post LlamaHombre? I'll post my reply anyway.
Hey dont complain untill you've tested it, its not THAT bad, thats why it needs testing, alot of it! Trust me... Heck he's my favourite class and im really good with him as well, i know what im doing. If all else fails some changes can get reverted to normal, its still a beta.
Hope i didnt click anything unintentionally...

June 25, 2011, 04:15:44 PM
Reply #2

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »
Quote from: "CarThief"

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just to let you know, I deleted my post to make this list of opinions.

Jitterskull is my favorite class as well, because he was the easiest class to aim with!

Hopefully he still is, because I can't test right now!

June 25, 2011, 04:21:52 PM
Reply #3

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 04:21:52 PM »
Oh, and with slightly less damage more specifically i mean Jitterskull on full HP takes hmm... I think 2 hits before dieing, leaving him at a measely 10ish hp. Frostbite takes less damage but still dies on the same amount of hits like before. Requiring Hunters to change their tactics a little to not have a guaranteed Jitter obliterating tactic, weaknesses are fine, but it got a little overboard considering attacking is his weakness in that aspect.

Now this just needs a fair bit of testing, i've already put up a server. :P

June 25, 2011, 04:21:59 PM
Reply #4

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »
If Jitterskull takes more than 2 lightning arrows, Hunters are screwed! I'm surprised you nerfed Jitterskull of all things though, maybe that will balance it out..

June 25, 2011, 04:24:05 PM
Reply #5

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »
If Frostbite is weak to fire, Jitter ought to be weak to ice or something.

June 25, 2011, 04:25:00 PM
Reply #6

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
Only works on full HP, if its really that bad, it can be changed, but i'd rather test this first.

Edit: So far so good on the results in-game. Though there havent been any Lightning using Hunters around much who aim atleast half-decently. Neither any Hunter vs Jitter on top tier levels goin' on yet.
More feedback is always welcome if any change is wished at all, because i'll probaly leave it as is to some extent if no feedback gets provided!

Oh, and 2-hit kills on a Jitter with a railgun on any range just seems... Eh... Poor Jitterskull. Throwing in a ice or fire arrow to finish it off seems better, either that or have a teammate wound it. Its a team(work) game after all.

June 25, 2011, 10:50:47 PM
Reply #7

Offline Meepy!-*Ivan!*

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 25, 2011, 02:43:10 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 10:50:47 PM »
... I'm afraid of what GVH could become... I hope these changes help "balancing" the game... Really...
I'm afraid of Hunter/Jitterskull being so hard to use... since it seems like their attacks (the most I use: lightning) are hard to use now... I mean maybe they need more timing, which makes me suck with it cause I always have 1 sec delay...
So ping/hitscan > anything u.u But everything happens for good reasons (? Anyway I'm sure this will improve the gameplay :)

June 26, 2011, 02:38:48 AM
Reply #8

Offline bluewiz

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 09:50:01 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 02:38:48 AM »
You need to do something about sjas and sr50. It's pretty op combined with sjas's massive damaging screams.

Also, about the maps some of them need to be removed or revamped. Namely GvH40 and the two maps you made. The thing wrong with GvH40 is that it's TOO GOD DAMN BIG. Like seriously, that map is a trolling creepers paradise. The things wrong with your two maps is that they look exactly the same, there's nothing unique about them. Except one of them has a messed up skybox. Overall, I think you should really consider removing some of the newer maps seeing as most of the playerbase don't like them.

June 26, 2011, 03:51:44 AM
Reply #9

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 03:51:44 AM »
Hmm... Yes couldnt think of much about Sjas without crippling him in the process. Though someone suggested a longer cooldown on his scream attack after use, kinda what i did on the Hunter's Lightning bow. Hm... Who knows, he needs all his qualities yet they can be too much.

As for the maps, meh, no idea about removing any, doesnt seem too needed. Though the skybox thing was probaly her doing long time ago, in a half-decent server there should be mapvotes possibily (unless of course they think people are going to abuse it).
I've never seen GVH40 be that much of a problematic map regarding Creepers, its just hard to navigate sometimes. Im not even sure if its entirely my business to remove maps other people voluntairly made for GVH, speaking of, i'll definetly need to fix the new White Out map with its crazy spawns.

Perhaps i should improve my older maps that she added someday, but currently im way too busy with these changes and whenever i find the time, to fix some new said to be tricky content.

June 26, 2011, 04:02:09 AM
Reply #10

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 04:02:09 AM »
Well, it would be nice if you posted which maps are the "problems". I have no idea which ones are the "bad ones".

June 26, 2011, 04:44:01 AM
Reply #11

Offline bluewiz

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 09:50:01 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 04:44:01 AM »
Well Carthief, my suggestion for your maps is maybe add some special "effects". Like in Skulltag's zombie horde gamemode there was that Hospital map which was boring as fuck until the creator got creative and added random stuff to it, like Uboa, Disco, etc. I just think if you do something fun like that, the map would do quite well. As for GvH40, honestly, It could be split into 3 different maps. And uhm, I don't think there would be any problem in removing that "torture" map, because I've seen it in several other wads before.

June 26, 2011, 05:22:15 AM
Reply #12

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 05:22:15 AM »
It'll probaly be a long while till i edit my maps, if at all, but in GVH40's case it would end up being another Solanid map. That map due to its small size makes it VERY easy for the ghouls to overun the players, in large player amounts its a outright slaughterfest! I really dont think the map is that large, it has some choke points and teleports to bypass those, its an akward map to fight in sometimes but not that bad.

Edit: With some tactics on GVH40(ie. trap teleporters, use the choke points to hold them off), the humans can do just fine, im not even sure if i can call it human or ghoul-sided.

June 26, 2011, 06:48:37 PM
Reply #13

Offline Meepy!-*Ivan!*

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 25, 2011, 02:43:10 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »
Now that I've tested it (specially Hunter & Jitter) I think it's nicely balanced. Engineer's nail gun & Santa's snow gun should fire faster like the OLDEST versions (buffing the damage ofc). I would make Sjas a little more invisible too and reduce the scream radius. No delays. Also, I would give Choke 1000000000 HP. Nice work!

June 26, 2011, 08:30:09 PM
Reply #14

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
Heh, always that Choke thing. :P
Hm... As for the more serious things, no i dont think making the nails/snowballs any stronger would help with MORE firing speed. The current changes made them from 25-26 damage projectiles into the 18-19 damage range while shooting a little faster.
It effectively makes it take about 6 shots to kill something with the Engineer then most likely, better then 4, i guess. Santa shouldnt be too much different if i recall correctly (Engineer was based off him, of course, back in the day when people wanted something more serious).

As for Sjas i guess he's quite hard vs non-Cyborgs (gotta love that Jetpack, i'm sure using it well), i suppose, but any nerfs need to be thought out, he needs all his abilities to actually do something. Though there havent been that much regular humans who actually are used to dealing with Sjas i suppose.