Advanced Search

Author Topic: GVH - Marine  (Read 12931 times)

August 29, 2009, 07:30:17 PM
Read 12931 times

Offline Josh

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 19, 2009, 04:12:19 PM

• View Profile
GVH - Marine
« on: August 29, 2009, 07:30:17 PM »
I have come up with a theory. Ushally in GVH games it matter about the # of player. Like lets say we have 4 vs 4 (humans vs ghouls). Ushally humans will win with a low does of ghouls and what not. When the stakes get higher (as in 8 vs 8) it is HIGHLY chance that ghouls will win (by sjas or jitter spamming). For what I think is that humans DO stil need to be improved a bit BEFORE any more releases come and and mix everything up. It has to be equal before u unbalance things again with a new guy/weapons.

So what was I thinking?

Well I think that the marine is a little under used now. I see hunters as #1, cyborgs as  #2, and marine #3, (#4 gb, more of a suicide bomber then a player lol)

What I think would be better is if marine got a more reactent shotgun. Like right when u click the button it hits the wall.

For example :

Machine gun : BOOM (from gun) ..HIT!

Pistols : BOOM . HIT!

Riot Gun : BOOM! ...... HIT!

now that is the example of how fast the riot gun shoots compared to the other guns. It not sensitive enough or something.

So what I am saying is maybe do something about if how 8v8 + ghouls win and 4v4 - win and also fix the shotgun thing with the marine. So some how prevent spamming of one kind of ghoul (try to make each ghoul and human even in class)

The rest seem pretty even (not including ghouls :P)

August 29, 2009, 11:53:52 PM
Reply #1

Offline White

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 15, 2009, 12:31:46 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cybruiserdomain.freeforums.org/index.php
Re: GVH - Marine
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »
IRL the bullets won't hit instantly.
Keep in mind that the reason a bullet will hurt is because it leaves the barrel spinning at about 360 miles per hour. That would fucking shred something.

...and about the entire thread : I disagree. Creepers are commonly used, and Marines usually spam nades. Sjas, Jitterskull, OR Creeper, they always chuck grenades (which personally I find meaningless).

The Shotgun was MEANT to be a bit slower, IMO.
The pistols are reasonably slow,
The Machine Gun is pretty much it.

Like any other player,
I start out using the Riot-Gun.
I use FEWER grenades than anybody else.
I literaly end up hearing, within 5 minutes of fighting a creeper, all the sudden it turns from "Ha ha im gonna kill you with my nades :3"...to... "Oh shit im out of nades."

That's why : The Marine is quite commonly played. If you happen to be missing it, then I guess you need to pay more attention  :oops:

August 30, 2009, 11:38:48 AM
Reply #2

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »
Quote from: "Josh"
Well I think that the marine is a little under used now. I see hunters as #1, cyborgs as  #2, and marine #3, (#4 gb, more of a suicide bomber then a player lol)
No the classes are fine. You just suck.
If anything the marine shouldn't have autoaim for it's shotgun. It pisses all the creepers off by getting cheap frags from spamming. It's like a more powerful and faster version of the Hunters magic attack.

August 30, 2009, 09:37:40 PM
Reply #3

Offline Josh

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 19, 2009, 04:12:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 09:37:40 PM »
Ya... I guess your right <_<

September 06, 2009, 03:35:03 PM
Reply #4

Offline Qent

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 02:44:51 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »
Quote from: "Josh"
I have come up with a theory. Ushally in GVH games it matter about the # of player. Like lets say we have 4 vs 4 (humans vs ghouls). Ushally humans will win with a low does of ghouls and what not. When the stakes get higher (as in 8 vs 8) it is HIGHLY chance that ghouls will win (by sjas or jitter spamming).
Yes! I've been saying this since... forever! But it's not a balance problem! In fact, ghouls' having the advantage in large games is a direct result of the class-based gameplay. Think about it: ghouls have 1-hit-kill weapons, but they need to get into melee range before they can do anything. So if the map starts to fill up with ghouls (i.e., 8v8), then they are already in range as the round starts, and you get the classic sjas/jitter slaughter.

Humans, on the other hand, have medium- to long-range weapons that require several hits to kill a ghoul. On a nearly empty map (4v4), they have a much better chance of keeping distance. In the end, it boils down to whether a ghoul can approach a human fast enough to kill him without getting shot. If the map is very open, this can be very hard (the classic "Noob Humans Camping Outside" scenario).

Now regarding your specific complaint about the marine, his guns actually work the way you want them to right now. To represent it in the same format that you did,

Machine gun: BOOM HIT

Pistols: BOOM . HIT

Riotgun: BOOM HIT

There is no delay at all between firing and the impact of the bullet. What you are experiencing is ping which affects all weapons equally. UNLESS you're playing on that Czech server. If that's the case, then shame on you! Go play with 97E! ;)

(The Czech server is using an old version of GvH where the marine behaves more or less how you described.)

Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom"
If anything the marine shouldn't have autoaim for it's shotgun. It pisses all the creepers off by getting cheap frags from spamming. It's like a more powerful and faster version of the Hunters magic attack.
Same thing applies. The marine hasn't had autoaim for a long time. Stop playing on the Czech server and don't make suggestions for obsolete versions.

September 10, 2009, 08:52:47 PM
Reply #5

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »
Quote from: "Qent"
UNLESS[/i][/b] you're playing on that Czech server. If that's the case, then shame on you! Go play with 97E! ;)

(The Czech server is using an old version of GvH where the marine behaves more or less how you described.)

Now that you brought that one up, if you play the latest GvH on Supergods with 97e, it's more about the bugs than anything else.
(Marine's grenade toss, no chaingun ammo, ....)
Also I think people really have a pinecone up their asses about playing 97e too since they think it's not stable.

As for my opinions about the marine, well he's good to use but hitscan weapons in doom always made my nerves tense. That's just me.

September 11, 2009, 02:54:27 AM
Reply #6

Offline Qent

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 02:44:51 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 02:54:27 AM »
Using hitscan weapons makes you tense? I'd think if anything it would make you cocky having infinitely fast bullets.