Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > MM8BDM Discussion

Problem with updated skulltag.exe (SERVER BROWSER)

(1/2) > >>

BEan:
screenshot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/ ... roblem.jpg

I updated to the new skull tag engine and I have a problem. The internal server browser shows ALL skulltag servers, not just the ones running the MM8BDM.

I am trying to convince my clan to play this game and possibly host a server for mm8bdm, this skulltag update just screwd everything up a bit. Is there a temp fix for this, or do I have to wait for a new version (with more levels and characters)?

Mr. X:
I've got the same problem.  I think it's a compatibility issue between the demo and the new version of skulltag.

Max:
I agree. Everything's been going haywire since this update's come out. Mike needs to pull something out his scissors pronto or we're all going to have to wait for the full release to play again.

Mobius:
http://doomutils.ucoz.com/load/0-0-1-56-20

Download this. Don't use the internal browser to find servers. Don't use doomseeker either. Stick this into a folder of your choosing, and then configure options to have Program point directly to your Skulltag.exe.  

Then go to Wads, click on add, locate the folder where you have your megaman death match iwad and double click on that exact folder. This tells IDE where your game is located (and other games) so when you enter a server you will be able to enter.

Here is a visual illustration

(click to show/hide) (click to show/hide) (click to show/hide)
Here is a tip. You might want to click on the tabs that says Player and then, "game modes," so you can sort it how you like. If you feel extra froggy, use the filter list so you can display all quaries only pertaining to Deathmatch (the game mode which MM8BDM uses). You might want to maximize the IDE window so you can read the entire name of the servers. I'd just sort it by gamemode then scroll until I see Deathmatch modes where Megaman is listed.

Edit* OH YEAH! CLICK the little purple marine guy to start the program. It should say IDE.

BEan:
This is IDE program is amazing. Something like this should come with mm8bdm.

I think I can put this into a package for my clan. The thing is I got to make this easy to do for everyone because everyone does not have the tech skills that I have.

Hey Mike, this update is a good enough reason to do an update. NEW STUFF PLEASE. lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version