Advanced Search

Author Topic: Stardust's Workshop  (Read 188327 times)

December 20, 2014, 11:38:01 PM
Reply #495

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #495 on: December 20, 2014, 11:38:01 PM »
Quote from: "Rozark Kyouko"
Quote from: "Stardust"
A tank's role isn't to deal damage  at all xD the tank is meant to polarize the attention on him/her and redirect attacks that could hit the other fragile members, that's why the sucking exists, if this isn't tanking :^)

Quote from: "BookofDobson"
if his means of defending himself are shit he his going to get hitstuned and die.

As much as I dislike the bikdark face (even if someone else is using it), if a tank were to deal significant amounts of damage, they would need to become less fragile and scale weirdly- a fighter of sorts. A tank at the core is what Stardust said and is what Duo is. In a perfect new-ish structure, the tank would be the only one dead. However, the enemy team would be completely wiped out because of the tank focus. The damage dealers/healers (The ones you actually need to protect) would live; and it is the tank's goal to absorb the damage for them so the fragiles live. If the tank dealt significant damage, well, most other classes would be out of a job as the tank does their jobs better.

So yes, if a tank dies, they're doing their job right.

Well by that case why have a tank have any attacks if his job is basically a sitting duck decoy by that logic? As for Duo, we still have the "very little difference" problem and he MOSTLY dies in 2 hits like everyone else so not much as that "die so people can live" argument.
but HSH is just near unusable. Yes people will target him but unlike MWS and BRG there is no pressure in killing HSH because if you miss him and focus on someone else there is very VERY little chance that will bite you in the ass later (I'll admit thats what his meteor jump is there for but what if I don't have it?). I'm pretty sure his main was there to remind people he is there and well something worth killing. He is not. This is also not an excuse for his attack to be complete shit/near unusable.

Even though he is a "tank", A tank still has to defend himself if this is the logic we are going by. Otherwise no need to give a tank weapons at all.

December 21, 2014, 12:08:56 AM
Reply #496

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Stardust's Workshop
« Reply #496 on: December 21, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »
Exactly, which is why he has at least some form of offense to begin with.
Just because he has a weapon doesn't mean that's his priority; that's only there for when he gets in a jam or needs to add the little damage up over time. Their attacks usually help lure away or CC Lock (Crowd Control/Slows/Snares/etc) the other players from reaching the fragiles. HSH has this.

As for HSH, I said in a perfect/ideal new-ish structure. Most people who play SH (Or any game with a sub-class archetype) know not to target the tank but instead hit the damage dealer/carry and the support (BRG and MWS).

Every time I'm a part of that trio, 9 times out of 10 I'm HSH. (The other 1 time is MWS; I have yet to be BRG). You want to draw/suck people away from the other two into you then proceed to meteor jump if you can.

December 21, 2014, 12:22:21 AM
Reply #497

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 21, 2014, 12:22:21 AM »
Exactly, which is why he has at least some form of offense to begin with.
Just because he has a weapon doesn't mean that's his priority; that's only there for when he gets in a jam or needs to add the little damage up over time. Their attacks usually help lure away or CC Lock (Crowd Control/Slows/Snares/etc) the other players from reaching the fragiles. HSH has this.

As for HSH, I said in a perfect/ideal new-ish structure. Most people who play SH (Or any game with a sub-class archetype) know not to target the tank but instead hit the damage dealer/carry and the support (BRG and MWS).

Every time I'm a part of that trio, 9 times out of 10 I'm HSH. (The other 1 time is MWS; I have yet to be BRG). You want to draw/suck people away from the other two into you then proceed to meteor jump if you can.

Even though this is the best strategy and I use this myself when I can, the main and its ammo doesn't allow that plan to work. Like I pointed out, the idea of saving your attack is thrown out the window as you can't do anything until its full. I wouldn't be so mad about this if the ammo refill wasn't so slow and that the main itself works 1 out of 3 times no matter where I aim on the player. Why couldn't this code just be lifted from YD dustman? That way the tank can not be such a sitting duck. As you said being in a jam with a swarm of players its his thing but putting it like that once meteor jump is used you are a lame duck until you can get it back... that is an even LONGER time

December 21, 2014, 01:18:21 AM
Reply #498

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 21, 2014, 01:18:21 AM »
Just an idea, may sound weird, but why not swap HSH and MWS roles? Hyper Storm as a support with his pushing and pulling while Mega Water is the group tank with his shield. HSH could still be rather beefy of a supporter, and MWS could be rather shitty at tanking once his shield is lost.

Yea personality wise and design they may seem perfect for the roles they have now, but weaponry wise they fit the other's role better

January 27, 2015, 05:26:20 PM
Reply #499

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
Hi, so SHR++ will be put on a hiatus. Since v2fhh the mod lost the attention of the players and even my own devteam. There were plans for v3, fairly large plans which could be synthetized to remaking the whole gamemode, not from scratch but almost from the very beginning ; including remaking every single old hales, remaking the classes into more different classes, grants a lot of new challenges and stuff to add spices to the game,..
but as I don't feel like being able to do this all alone and with almost no support (pretty much like Max does her Mission mode solo), I prefer to just call a pause and stop the progression right now of v3.
Stuff has been done while these last months, here is a gift, a pic I sent to Tails a long time ago that I won't bother to explain for spoiling purposes. Until I get the motivation to actually work on it again. Tails could help but he's making a maybe even bigger project, Mega Man World, so I'd prefer even to support this.
(click to show/hide)

Now on the bright side, I enjoyed the fact Xover Weapons still has some interest (which is surprising for something that is neither a class mod, neither a boss mod, or that was recently released), and with Blews we decided to get our hand back on the mod. Not going to say anymore as we just decided to bring it back a few days ago so it's still starting, but we'd aim to make the MM2 crossover episode.

January 27, 2015, 07:02:47 PM
Reply #500

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2015, 07:02:47 PM »
Didn't you say you were going to let saxton die for something else?

Legit question here.

May 08, 2015, 03:09:53 AM
Reply #501

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 08, 2015, 03:09:53 AM »
< BOMP !!! BOMP !!! ^o^ !!! BUMP !!! BUMP !!! >O< BUMP !!! >

I decided to update the Damage Display mod with new advanced features and fixes mostly because I felt like updating it.
Check the first or second post for more details and help for this new version's features
Damage Display v2 : Changelog
> The mod supports classes with different than 100 HP. All the health values (health above the head, health on the screen, damage dealt) are expressed in percentage of the victim's max HP. This doesn't change anything for most mods with 100hp classes such as JC or CBM, but for Justiderp or GvH it does as they have different health.
> In Team games, each team is now only able to see the health above their allies' head, not the enemies.
> The damage displayed when someone gets hit's red tint vary according to how high the damage is
> Additional informations were added to each player's screen : K/D count, Killstreak count, damage, total damage, and DPS. They can be turned off with a variable (check the first post for more
informations ~ especially the screenshot spoiler if you want details or need help)

EDIT : I had to do a hotfix (like always) as for some reasons, the killing blow on someone wouldn't count the damage dealt and this happens very often so I had to fix it. I also did a very few extra things

> The damage dealt is correctly added to your damage count when you finish off someone.
> Increased the time of the DPS's automatic reset to 0 if you haven't dealt any damage from 3.4 seconds to 5
> Swapped blue/red colors for death/kills. A message now displays the kills and damage you dealt for your life whenever you die

Download here!

August 03, 2015, 02:05:56 AM
Reply #502

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2015, 02:05:56 AM »
Cool to see it's rehosted (with a previous version) and played. (:
Do you plan to make a new version, like new hales?.... Or have you stopped to make this mode?
You have made the 2 rathor, what about if you add sunstar too? (*sunstar fan*)

August 03, 2015, 11:08:02 AM
Reply #503

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Rainbows
« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2015, 11:08:02 AM »
Quote from: "Stardust"
Hi, so SHR++ will be put on a hiatus. Since v2fhh the mod lost the attention of the players and even my own devteam. There were plans for v3, fairly large plans which could be synthetized to remaking the whole gamemode, not from scratch but almost from the very beginning ; including remaking every single old hales, remaking the classes into more different classes, grants a lot of new challenges and stuff to add spices to the game,..
but as I don't feel like being able to do this all alone and with almost no support (pretty much like Max does her Mission mode solo), I prefer to just call a pause and stop the progression right now of v3.

The last page had your answer.

I'd also like to add that Saxton Hale breaks in a numerous number of ways (Specifically Auto if anything else) and should cease being hosted until Stardust decides to take interest in it again once more.

August 03, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
Reply #504

Offline AkumaKing

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 19, 2015, 08:28:31 PM

• View Profile
Re: Rainbows
« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »
should cease being hosted until Stardust decides to take interest in it again once more.

This seems kind of dumb. If people enjoy a mod, they should host a server and play with others who enjoy it. I, myself, don't enjoy this incarnation very much, but the people who do should keep enjoying it. Just because development is dead doesn't mean player activity should be dead.

August 03, 2015, 04:37:13 PM
Reply #505

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
That's the second time today
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2015, 04:37:13 PM »
I'd also like to add that Saxton Hale breaks in a numerous number of ways (Specifically Auto if anything else)

Broken mods should never be hosted until they're fixed; you end up hosting a version with bugs, people know and use the bugs, and you end up kicking the people who use them. It's like you're expecting them not to use them. Stop hosting this mod until it's fixed or stop kicking people who spawn Beat with Auto and deal with it. (Again, one of the many bugs right now; only one I could think of off the top of my head)

August 03, 2015, 05:07:25 PM
Reply #506

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2015, 05:07:25 PM »
Auto's infinite beat bug was fixed in the very latest latest version I released (v2fhh hotfix 3 or something)
But this version was banned during the 2015 beginning or when Z2.0 was out, can't recall exactly when; but it was banned a few months ago, because there was some crashing issue (SH crashes all the time)
The version hosted right now is even older, so technically has even more unfixed bugs (which can be abused or not), and some other gameplay détails (such as Auto who still work with the old item bolt prices).
I don't really encourage hosting older versions. I think that, if you're going to do so, you'll have to deal with the bugs and stuff, and with the fact that this version you're hosting might be banned (so you'd need to host an eveeeeeen older version, and so on...)

but yeah I could fix it, yet I don't work on this anymore.

August 03, 2015, 05:13:35 PM
Reply #507

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 03, 2015, 05:13:35 PM »
Awww too bad =(
I hope someone will want and will be able to make a new Saxtonhale mode then ... (not with your if you dont want, but a new maybe) We will see'

August 18, 2015, 10:42:38 PM
Reply #508

Offline Dark_Chaos

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 01, 2013, 07:47:48 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 18, 2015, 10:42:38 PM »
ok I have an issue, I see a saxton hale server, but it's running verion fh, not fhh, you should really have a thing for past downloads for situations like this considering fh isn't on bestever.

January 01, 2016, 10:13:27 PM
Reply #509

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 01, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »
I made a small mod, a class mod with teamwork-oriented abilities. Originally these classes were designed for SHR++ V3 (and they still are), but it's just until the hales get done (in a day?) I could release the work I've done on those classes for the moment. I went with Teamwork Classes (what a generic name) for the moment, this mod is still in beta but I hope you'll enjoy it
Check the first post for more info about it or how the classes work (they were really confusing from what I heard on the server :v keep in mind it's a beta, it does have bugs, its degree of un-balance-ment, and other bad or broken things.)