Advanced Search

Author Topic: Edit boss music and victory music in core maps?  (Read 1722 times)

August 31, 2016, 04:32:35 PM
Read 1722 times

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
Edit boss music and victory music in core maps?
« on: August 31, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »
I tried to make a little pk3 that would make MM8DUO use the MM8 Miniboss theme for the boss music instead of Duo's theme
However, I do not want to simply replace DUOMUS, as that would affect the Duo boss fight and the cutscene before the Evil Robot boss fight

I tried many methods of doing this, by loading an edited MM8DUO map file to replace the normal one, and the methods would result in one of three results
1. Game ignores my customized musics and uses DUOMUS and MM4VIC (when I either added boss music code from another custom map pack, or when i removed the "par" variable from MAPINFO)
2. Game crashes completely before even loading (when I used DECORATE to include an edited version of the acs file that contains the boss and victory music code)
3. Game ignores the core musics but also ignores my added MM8MBOSS and MM8VIC musics (when i set the par to 0 and added boss music code from a map pack)

so yeah, i'm not quite sure what to do

August 31, 2016, 08:38:56 PM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: Edit boss music and victory music in core maps?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 08:38:56 PM »
DECORATE and ACS are different languages entirely, the only interactions they have with each other are through specific functions and value modifications.

From SLADE, export the map wad file from MM8BDM-v5a.pk3.
Open the newly exported wad, and open MAPINFO. Remove the line that declares the Par.
Go down to Scripts, and add the scripts from this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/bEUQw1SU
Replace the necessary names [BOSSMUS and VICMUS], the click save.
Right click on the scripts file, then click "compile ACS."

If you cannot complete this last step you should either:
A) Open the map in Doom Builder and compile the scripts there or
B) download an ACS compiler and go into SLADE's preferences and set it as the script compiler under "scripts."

August 31, 2016, 11:57:40 PM
Reply #2

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: Edit boss music and victory music in core maps?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:57:40 PM »
Ah, okay
What I got wrong, was I did not try to compile the map's scripts file, and that I didn't have the entirety of that code

thanks!