Advanced Search

Author Topic: Deathmatching classes!!  (Read 14825 times)

October 24, 2010, 05:09:57 PM
Read 14825 times

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 22, 2010, 04:42:03 AM

• View Profile
Deathmatching classes!!
« on: October 24, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »
After seeing some people in MM8DM play, I've noticed that some people are in need of proper training.

Therefore, I am willing to teach people who are willing and would appreciate volunteers to assist. I can usually be found in "Mega Cool Story Bro" server. Kinda perfect seeing as it's Team DM... can learn teamwork against strong foes.

I have a few people who can vouch for me.
2d-man
Agent Kirbu are 2 of them.

October 24, 2010, 05:32:36 PM
Reply #1

Offline a deer

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 14, 2010, 02:54:31 PM

• View Profile
Re: Deathmatching classes!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
I don't know...are classes really needed for this? I understand people needed to be taught to play Quake and Team Fortress, but MM8BDM is a really really straightforward game. There aren't any (?) advance techniques in terms of movement. You don't have rocket jumps, reload cancels and such.

To get good at this game you pretty much have to

a) Learn to properly aim and when to use the 50 or so weapons in the game
b) Know where to find them on maps
c) Get good at dodging

All of this can be done just through casual play.

October 24, 2010, 05:48:48 PM
Reply #2

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 22, 2010, 04:42:03 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
Oh but can you take a split second decision to know what weapon's suitable for certain terrain? HOW to dodge certain attacks and what items to use at proper times?

Plus there's a tournament coming up and I'd like people to be ready for it.
Also there's teamwork issues.

You can ask agent kirbu if this is true...

but i Took on the entire red team by myself and still won. At first they, no offense guys, didnt stand a chance but over time of learning, they actually caught up to me.

October 24, 2010, 06:10:28 PM
Reply #3

Offline brotoad

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: February 25, 2010, 01:33:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://brotoad.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
my video pretty much explains every mechanic in the game and can turn anyone into a pro in less than a minute

October 24, 2010, 06:22:42 PM
Reply #4

Offline a deer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 06:22:42 PM »
Quote from: "brotoad"
my video pretty much explains every mechanic in the game and can turn anyone into a pro in less than a minute
Agreed.  :cool:

MM8BDM is not complex at all. Dodging all attacks is pretty much the same. Just don't get hit and you'll be fine. What do you mean by "what items to use at proper times"? If you are low on health, you use an E tank. If you are low on ammo, you use a W tank. If you are a total dick you use rush jet. And certain terrain? Every surface in this game is flat. It's obvious that you shouldn't try to throw napalms or hyper bombs at someone who is a floor above you and that crash bombs are great in narrow areas.

Teamwork issues are nonexistent. Strategy in terms of fragging the other team is incredibly limited. Since there isn't voice chat or anything, coordinating when and where you drop your items is not practical either.

October 24, 2010, 08:01:19 PM
Reply #5

Offline Crystal King

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 18, 2010, 01:41:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:01:19 PM »
Skype disagrees with that last statement, my good sir.

Classes would be a wonderful thing. Also, "Just don't get hit and you'll be fine?" Can't you say that for ANY FPS game? Also, what if you don't have an E Tank or a W Tank? You improvise! It's entirely possible to get frags if someone's above you using weapons such as screw crusher or hyper bomb.

There's lots of strategies for the game, most of them come from Team Last Man Standing (WHICH NOBODY EVER PLAYS (AS IN PEOPLE NEED TO BE PLAYING IT MORE) HINT HINT PEOPLE WHO HOST SERVERS). Maps such as Charge Man or Crystal Man's. "Should I take the teleporter or shouldn't I? I just might get a face full of Pharaoh Shot!"

October 24, 2010, 08:08:36 PM
Reply #6

Offline Blueiscooltoo

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 08, 2010, 12:19:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
Yeah, Team last man Standing is like Arena mode in TF2, it's fun if you know what you're doing.

October 24, 2010, 08:35:43 PM
Reply #7

Offline a deer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 08:35:43 PM »
Quote from: "Blueiscooltoo"
Yeah, Team last man Standing is like Arena mode in TF2, it's fun if you know what you're doing.

Skype still isn't a part of the game. I doubt everyone on my team is on skype.

A Team Fortress Mod with "classes" would be pretty fun.

Also I don't even know what you mean by 'improvise'

October 24, 2010, 08:41:34 PM
Reply #8

Offline Crystal King

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:34 PM »
By improvise, I mean find some health! Find some Weapon energy! Unless you're playing TLMS or LMS, in which case just change your weapon! The megabuster isn't half-bad for a starting weapon.

October 24, 2010, 08:44:21 PM
Reply #9

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 08:44:21 PM »
You just made a point for the other team there.  Finding energy is something that's so basic there doesn't need to be a class on it.  I doubt when somebody is out of weapon energy, they're so stupid they just jump off a cliff.

October 24, 2010, 08:45:05 PM
Reply #10

Offline a deer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »
Quote from: "Crystal King"
By improvise, I mean find some health! Find some Weapon energy! Unless you're playing TLMS or LMS, in which case just change your weapon! The megabuster isn't half-bad for a starting weapon.
Of course getting health and weapon energy are options, but he said he would "teach people when to use items"...there isn't much to teach there, along with changing weapons.

The megabuster is pretty bad compared to other weapons. It isn't impossible to use properly, in fact I've done well with it many times before, but there are almost always better "replacements" on the map. You can use the metal blade, needle shooter, ice slasher etc etc etc

lol fastposted

Also deciding whether or not to take a teleporter also isn't a strategy. Yeah sure someone might be camping it but in a free for all that's hard to do for too long as you are bound to get killed

October 24, 2010, 09:03:18 PM
Reply #11

Offline Crystal King

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »
So you're saying there is no strategy in any FPS game? Megabuster is a great weapon for people coming after you. The shots are slow enough so that you could make a flurry of bullets.

I actually worked with someone on Charge Man's stage. I had him lead the guy into the teleporter, while I waited on the other side. There's really not a lot of strategy if you're by yourself. If you've got teams, it's a whole new ballgame. If your teammate has low health and a really important weapon (such as ballade cracker), cover them! If you see a a battle between 2 people taking place, jump in the fray to make the chances of killing that person greater!

Some people don't even know how to switch weapons in this game. I played on a TLMS server throwing ballade crackers at people shooting back at me with the megabuster. They didn't even bother to switch to leaf shield. I think the problem is that most people just don't know how to set up their controls in a comfortable way (People have so much damned trouble using items! I don't see what's the big deal about it!), or have trouble with certain gimmicks. AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

October 24, 2010, 09:12:25 PM
Reply #12

Offline Blueiscooltoo

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 08, 2010, 12:19:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 09:12:25 PM »
the problem with items is it's set to enter, it should be set to E for items and to switch items needs to be Q. makes it easier to use them.

October 24, 2010, 10:00:03 PM
Reply #13

Offline a deer

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 10:00:03 PM »
Quote from: "Crystal King"
So you're saying there is no strategy in any FPS game? Megabuster is a great weapon for people coming after you. The shots are slow enough so that you could make a flurry of bullets.

I actually worked with someone on Charge Man's stage. I had him lead the guy into the teleporter, while I waited on the other side. There's really not a lot of strategy if you're by yourself. If you've got teams, it's a whole new ballgame. If your teammate has low health and a really important weapon (such as ballade cracker), cover them! If you see a a battle between 2 people taking place, jump in the fray to make the chances of killing that person greater!

Some people don't even know how to switch weapons in this game. I played on a TLMS server throwing ballade crackers at people shooting back at me with the megabuster. They didn't even bother to switch to leaf shield. I think the problem is that most people just don't know how to set up their controls in a comfortable way (People have so much damned trouble using items! I don't see what's the big deal about it!), or have trouble with certain gimmicks. AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE.

Again, those are just really obvious things. I don't even consider them to be strategies. And really? Some people don't even know how to switch weapons? That's absurd. I also don't see how you would know that people have so much trouble using items...it's just a matter of setting "use item" to a key. Again, these are things that don't even need to be taught. Configuring controls is something a 5 year old can do.

October 24, 2010, 10:03:27 PM
Reply #14

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 10:03:27 PM »
Learn to use right click as jump, and you're a step ahead of everyone else.