Advanced Search

Author Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Roboenza Guide V2  (Read 25962 times)

November 20, 2010, 07:08:58 AM
Read 25962 times

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 22, 2010, 04:42:03 AM

• View Profile
The UNOFFICIAL Roboenza Guide V2
« on: November 20, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »
Rules about the guide.
1. Do not take seriously. Use it to learn new tricks.
2. You have your own methods. This is one PLAYER'S opinion.
3. Suggestions are welcome but some will be turned down. [E.G. Spamming weapons.]
4. The Guide may be revised at times.

A leatherbound journal lays on a barrel, burned letters title this little book...
"Guide to surviving Roboenza." There's no name on the front... Inside, the contents are as follows. Inside, a small recording device falls out, working as an audio log for what the book reads.

10/31/200X. Renegade X5.
10 days have passed since Wily's defeat, his mega monstrocity known as KKZKZKT (The word was somehow erased) toppled... and he's started his revenge. Nobody knows where it came from... but it struck us hard... It was a virus. One that turned a peaceful robot... into a bloodthirsty Beast... I'll never forget those red eyes...
This new virus is called... Roboenza... and it's turned into a zombie apocalypse...

11/1/200X.
A Few close calls has taught me a few important things about these creatures... They're easily identifiable because for some odd reason, this virus literally heats up the outer shell of the infected robot, giving them that reddish haze. Good news is once infected, the infected have only a limited time before the heat causes their cores to self destruct... No cure for this virus has been found yet but I've discovered ONE Cure...

Termination... the only way.

11/2/200X
I dont believe this... They've... MUTATED! This Virus has granted them the ability to climb walls. I took shelter inside of a tower within the Starman Arena... and to my shock and dismay, I saw them climbing the tower posts coming after me... so I ran. Fortunately, I outlasted them but I need to repair my joints... I'm taking this moment, hiding in an empty warehouse up high, to write down all I know...

These... Zombies... are slow but their virally infected bodies allows them to take a lot of damage, more than an uninfected could... The heat probably hardened their bodies... Either way, these zombies are a force to be reckoned with... wait a sec... I hear something...

The following was hastily scribbled.

A Survivor!! Someone managed to survive! I felt immense relief to find someone else had survived... And he's got weapons! Unfortunately... he started charging an Atomic Fire weapon, that weapon gets extremely noisy and... well... it attracted a swarm after him. What I saw after filled my heart with dread. A single TOUCH infected this survivor... My chances of survival has dropped... I'll continue to monitor these zombies and write down what I've learned...

Also, I noticed that the few survivors I encounter are panicking idiots who literally block other people, getting THEM infected... I thought there were more competant people out there, guess I was wrong. Gotta be alert of my "partners" in this time of survival. Otherwise we'd be tripping all over each other and getting nothing accomplished.  

11/5/200X
It seems my chances of survival has dropped even more... from my previous encounters the last 3 days, these zombies are starting to work together. I've seen someone run into a teleporter... only to get telefragged whilst escaping. I've tried various weapons against the infected and found that some work well while others dont work at all. Top Spin, that Torpedo weapon and that Magnet Missile dont work well. The homing attacks go after ALLIES instead of the zombies. Good news is these zombies flinch upon each attack. They arent very smart when it comes to weapon fire... but I Seen one zig zag and leap over someone using a Needle cannon... Running around in circles around the map dont help either, the zombies get wise and split up, pinning the survivor against a wall and infecting them...

About Top spin, contrary to popular belief it's supposedly the STRONGEST weapon out there, however it requires you to get too close to those damned zombies, putting you at risk for infection. Best course of action is to hit a zombie with this weapon if they're too focused on ONE target. Meaning ya gotta sneak up on it...
I'd rather take the safer way and use long-distance weapons...

However, some weapons like the Napalm Bomb, the Hyper Bomb or whatever it's called and the Quick Boomerang works wonders. The Boomerang weapon fires rapidly so each shot knocks a zombie back. If one can keep a steady stream on a zombie, one  MAY push it into a pit trap, spike trap, fire trap, etc... A clean efficient way to kill... though some people get cocky and forget to look behind them. Their ignorance led to their downfall and they join the armies of the 'undead.'

... Wily what have you done?

11/13/200X
Hope rises! I've encountered various groups of survivors that actually survived a zombie assault! There may be hope for the humans AND us yet!
I've observed how they all fight against the army as a team... One man pinned a zombie into a crevasse with Quick Boomerang whilst the other unleashed Crash Bombs on him.  Good news is we usually locate at least 3 W-Tanks per person along with a few Item 1s, platforms that can be used to climb higher. Unfortunately, some people use it to climb... and ultimately fall to their death.
They neglect 1 simple fact...
Item 1 can be a DETERRENT or a Temporary BLOCKADE!

I've done some quick research on weapon effects. The best weapon to use against a zombie is one that hits FAST. Speed is essential when it comes to deterring zombies. Crash Bomb can be used to plant "Mines" Ahead of yourself, allowing the bomb to explode, stunning the zombie with its many explosions. Water Wave works well when running or on higher ground but it can be dodged. Pharoah Shot can be used to hit an enemy hard or at a distance, possibly to distract them. Hard Knuckle seems to work best at inflicting damage on these zombies but it's difficult to AIM. Same with Super Arm. Throwing those big chunks of rock aint a walk in the park....

Will continue research... hopefully someone finds this journal and learn from people's mistakes...

11/18/200X
The terrain around you can be used to its fullest. Various locations can be used to YOUR advantage. When you enter a new location, establish where the traps are and identify what weapons you have... but for some odd reason, one of the entire groups get infected. That... 'First' ends up becoming the strongest, having to take a LOT more damage from the recent infections. Meaning people this 'first' infects are alot weaker. A Fully charged Atomic Fire can probably take 1 or 2 down, depending where you aim. But be careful, only charge your atomic fire if you KNOW you're alone. Otherwise...

It'll just be a dinner-bell sounding out... *Crash* Sunnova- My group's been taken down! Gotta escape.

*Sigh* 11/19/200X
Things arent looking good, there's alot more undead than living at the moment... I found out a few things about these zombies. If they fall underwater, they're unable to jump out at times so they HAVE to climb out. However, in places like Bubble Man's location, they can jump high. Same with the stage with that giant whale-bot... amazed that thing hasnt gotten infected yet. The key is to use such "low gravity" to your advantage. Be it high jumping, smashing someone aside with Tornado Storm (which is perfect in Air Man's and Bomb Man's location.)

Gravity Man's location... this is one almost PERFECT place to hide. With the constantly shifting gravity, it may be perfect for hiding in a high area with a rapid fire weapon or Crash Bombs. When the gravity goes downward, zombies are rendered UNABLE To climb, thereby giving you some breathing room. However, if the gravity goes back UP, then you got trouble.

I'd go into details about each individual location... but my memory circuits are almost overloaded, I'm unable to remember each location's designated name. I've been running for almost the entire time I've started recording and writing this... I Havent had a chance to recharge... I fear I may end up shutting down before I can help anyone else... I have to keep pressing forward. For Doctor Light, for Roll, for Megaman... and everyone else still alive.
... I hope my friends arent infected...

12/01/200X
I've finally managed to recharge myself under the safety of a military base... This place is full of humans, people rendered incapable of infection. They have a fighting chance! Unfortunately they're extremely wary of me, being susceptible to infection.
I managed to survive for so long because I followed a few rules I set MYSELF up with... Hopefully you'll learn from these as well...
1. Conserve ammo and use weapons as a deterrent.
2. Try to trick zombies into thinking you're going one direction and go another. They may not fall for it so be aware.
3. If you locate a Charge Kick Powerup, DO NOT use it against the zombies, use it to run.
4. If a zombie runs, do not follow! It's probably an intelligent zombie leading you into a trap.
5. Know the possible hiding spots and try to intercept hiding zombies.
6. KEEP MOVING!! If you try to hide, there's a HIGH Chance a zombie MAY find you. It's safer to keep moving...
7. Zombies tend to swarm mindlessly in great numbers, use their simple mindedness against them and try to get them to block each other. I'd suggest using a crash bomb on them to give you some breathing room.
8. ALWAYS assume a zombie is in hiding. Better to be safe than sorry.
9. Ricochet weapons are your friend! The Scissor weapons can be a damn good weapon for checking corners to see if an infected's hiding. Try to calculate trajectories before throwing. Gemini Beam's good because it repeatedly bounces off many walls, Ring Boomerang works well as well. Napalm Bomb also works well because it bounces alot before detonating. Hyper bomb's best because it inflicts massive damage... but it takes a little too long to detonate.
10. Whilst running, try to use weapons that take time to detonate like the Hyper Bomb, Crash bomb and Napalm Bomb.
11. Skull Shield is your BEST FRIEND! Use it in a pinch when you're surrounded by a zombies and they're blocking the exits, If you got W-tanks, best use them when your shield is down to 1/4 of its charge. Use it in emergencies because you cannot fight back when it's engaged.
12. KNOW YOUR TERRAIN!! This is a big one. I've seen too many people fall victim to small pits that literally stop them dead and they end up swarmed, infected and turned against us... Plus knowing a few pit traps may be useful.

This is probably my final log... I'm gonna head out with copies of my journal and place them in sight for any survivors to take and hopefully learn from my mistakes... everyone's mistakes... and know where this virus came from.

Renegade X557... signing off... for who knows how long. *click*

There are many blank papers after the final log in the journal... and there's a pencil in the bindings. You now have a choice to add your own facts about this 'invasion.'

What will you add?

November 20, 2010, 08:20:15 AM
Reply #1

Offline Relias

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 04:56:39 AM

• View Profile
Re: The UNOFFICIAL Roboenza Guide V2
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:15 AM »
hey cool this journal has a "NOTES" section at the end that no one uses just like old video game instruction booklets

oh uh i mean

Yeah.  I really like this.  The whole presentation has tinges of corniness but overall I think it's really cool to see it presented in an "in-world" style like this.  Of course, some of the things Renegade says are pretty funny or unfitting given the situation, especially when he forgets the names of weapons or stages despite being robotic, though in that situation even a Reploid or whatever he is may be experiencing "memory overload" or what have you.

Of course, we'be been over this, but Top Spin, isn't quite 'completely useless', it's just more situational; it can DESTROY a zombie but you need to sneak up behind it while it's focussing on someone else or something.  It'd be cooler if Renegade had said something like "Top Spin could be effective but there's no way I'm getting within range to use it, it's too dangerous!"

And... yeah.  I couldda sworn I had more, but I can't think of it now.  Overall, though, I'm glad you decided to do this, if no one else does, I appreciate that you do this kinda thing Ren :3  It adds flavor to the forums!

November 20, 2010, 11:17:35 AM
Reply #2

Offline Vyreman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 04, 2010, 06:45:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
Wow. Please, Renegade... No matter what reception you receive, do not delete this! You've spent far too much time on it for it to go to waste. Hell, I will back it up, just in case.

I like the journal-style it's written in. Good job.

November 20, 2010, 12:23:21 PM
Reply #3

Offline Tresman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 18, 2010, 06:51:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »
Hahah, I really enjoyed this. Good work!  :mrgreen:

November 20, 2010, 04:38:05 PM
Reply #4

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
Wow, I thought it would just be lame, obvious strategies. But it was actually very enjoying to read. Love the journal style.
Makes me think of zombieland somewhat.

November 20, 2010, 05:20:57 PM
Reply #5

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 05:20:57 PM »
1/03/Whatever Sink Man
So I found this...log...thing. It's uh, interesting, I guess. Except it focuses more on YOU than zombies.
I've painted myself to the color scheme of the zombies, so they don't exactly chase me, yet, idiots. Anyway, here's a few interesting tricks the zombies use.
1: When they're being shot with a rapid fire weapon, they turn around so they are propelled backward, towards the shooter. Very useful if someone's camping in Gemini Man's area.
2: If someone's in a small hole, for example in Crash Man's area, they climb above the hole, drop down, and get the guy.
3: Whenever zombies travel in groups, they should all try and infect a guy at once. For example, once again in that long hole in Gemini Man's area, one guy jumping it at once is not a smart idea, but several will make it so the knockback is less effective, unless the human's weapon rips though.
4: Unless in a large group, they tend to stay away from people with rapid fire weaponry. Unless they can ambush him, staying away is smart. They usually try and coax him out of his camp, but some poor unfortunate souls tend to climb up and get shot down to their death.

That's all I know to this date. I'm wondering how I wrote all this down without hands, but whatever. Oh! One more tip for humans. On Air Man's stage, if you use Item-1 on the Ai-The writing stops here, but the tape continues. CRAP. THEY FOUND ME. The zombies are here! I don't have any weaponry left except Star Crash! Listen, I'm hiding this book at Toad Man's area, taped next to the waterfall at the top! I'll write more in if I can!
The noise of several zombies moaning and being struck by apparently Star Crash is heard. Can't get me now! Good luck to any wimps who have to use a strategy guide!
The tape ends here.

November 20, 2010, 05:45:08 PM
Reply #6

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 05:45:08 PM »
I'm glad you guys are enjoying this new guide. And thanks for the addition, Sinkman! ^_^ OH I forgot about Star Crash...

November 20, 2010, 05:49:58 PM
Reply #7

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
12/02/200X

HOLY SHIT IT'S THE YELLOW DEVIL

*scribbling*
crapcrapcrapcrapcrap--
*end*

November 20, 2010, 05:55:41 PM
Reply #8

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
Yeah I'm gonna back this up myself. Never know what might happen.

November 20, 2010, 06:09:00 PM
Reply #9

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
12/02/200X

Falling into pits is no fun ;_;

November 20, 2010, 06:09:44 PM
Reply #10

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »
I know how that is. <.<;;

Not sure if Cutty will sticky this, dont want this thread to be lost in the "Unresponsive" pile...

November 20, 2010, 06:26:50 PM
Reply #11

Offline Koal

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 07:51:24 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »
A message has been scrawled in the book in oil

09/14/20XX

To those who find this, I fear this may be my last message I write in this book. I'm running dangerously low on ammo, I've run out of supplies, I've been injured by a stray Metal blade and these damn infected just keep coming. The pencil I have been using to write my previous messages has broken and I am forced to write this using the oil dripping from my wound.
In hopes that I can prove of some use to those who have survived long after I have perished or have been infected, I will convey to you what I know.

1. There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in survival. Your chances of survival are greater if your alone and away from any clustered groups. Yes I have seen team work do some fantastic things, but I've also seen teams fall in a matter of seconds because one stray zombie made it into their cluster and started infecting them all with ease due to their close proximity.
2. Do the unexpected. Infected will not expect that you would run at them and activate a star crash to push them aside and make a get away. By doing the unexpected you will throw them off easier then normal.
3. Always, ALWAYS watch your back. You never know when an infected is going to try to hit you from behind.
4. Secluded area's that few people look in make excellent hiding places, but always be prepared to make a hasty escape if your found.
5. Fire Storm, Star crash and Power stone are your best friends if your on the run. They keep the infected back with their area of effect damage and increase your chances of escaping greatly.

I'm afraid this is all the information I know that I can convey to you. My vision is starting to fade, like a veil of mist is being pulled over my eyes
I hope you and future readers have better success at survival th

The message ends abruptly with a streak of oil running across the page, with several pages coated with dried oil following after it. It appears that the writer has ceased functions writing his last message.

November 20, 2010, 06:31:47 PM
Reply #12

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
Makes me glad to see people contributing. ^_^

November 20, 2010, 06:36:26 PM
Reply #13

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »
Hah, nice one Koal.
I was originally going to write in the book AS a zombie, just to share some zombie tactics with you, but I figured Sink Man observing them is better.

November 20, 2010, 08:08:49 PM
Reply #14

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
Some people mentioned this would make one hell of a RP.