Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Tutorial Collection

[TUTOR] Doombuilder and You: Mapping Essentials 20XX

<< < (2/13) > >>

Russel:
You don't change the text of a vertex, you change the texture of a linedef.
Right click on the line you want to change the texture of in linedefs mode to open the properties menu. You can change the textures under the sidedefs tab.

Jonnyloko280:
Hey! I wanted to know if its possible to make a house where i can walk in the roof...

Rozark:
Yea it's possible, but you would need to make the roof flat or a completely solid house/can't enter the house due to sloped 3D floors being pain for software users.

Unless "in" wasn't a typo and you meant literally inside the roof. In that case, good luck with roping a bunch of 3D floors to format the roof.

Mendez:
Technically, sloped 3d floors can exist, but only in OpenGL rendering. When you try to render sloped 3d floors in Software, they simply don't appear. Yet again another reason to drop software renderng off the face of the earth and stick exclusively to OpenGL (._. )

Mendez:
I made a tutorial similar to this one, but using GZDB instead of Doombuilder 2. Hopefully it covers as much as needed for people to start mapping. I'll make another video covering water/teleporters/scripts when I find the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version