Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
"What are you so shy for? You do need my services, right? There are things roaming under our ground so I'm the perfect man for the job. Trust me, I've done this for years!"

Taizo, the protagonist from the Dig Dug series, is here to drill! He wears his Namco X Capcom outfit, which means he's about to get serious. Head to the first post to download this skin file! (Also included in the SHIFT skin pack)
Quick little update to the new ping button addon based off of some initial requests and preliminary online testing. Updated the visuals to prevent some jittering and overlapping text. Now pings can optionally show the player who created them, to potentially making muting them easier to do. Added a toggleable shortcut to the alert ping done via double-tapping the standard ping. More options are provided for scaling the size of the pings for better fine-tuning.

(click to show/hide)

Download Here!
Ping Button

Introducing a new addon, compatible just fine with the previous two. While we'll never get voice chat in Zandronum (hopefully), there's a lack of good indicators for teammates to play off of. This mod implements every Apex / Valorant player's favorite solo-queue form of communication, the ping system. You can bind two keys, one for a normal location ping and another for an alert ping. Allies and true spectators can see these pings as an indicator of where you're at and what's going on. If someone's being too disruptive with their pings, you can mute them either via the pboptions menu or by using ignore_ping_idX in the console, with X being their player ID.

(click to show/hide)

Download Here!
Projects & Creative / Re: Cutstuff Lazer tag
« Last post by Ehibika on January 12, 2022, 10:24:49 AM »
Another update for the mod is live along with an updated version of the classmaker, this adds some improvements to the newly introduced ACS menu as well as the ability to now hold a main arm and a sidearm instead of being dedicated to one specific gun, both guns also have their own ammo bars.

CSLazerTagAlpha-08.pk3
CSLT_ClassMaker_Alpha03.pk3

There is also now a Github repository for those who are interested:

CSLazerTag-pk3 Repository
Maps / Re: REAL Pack - v1b Released!
« Last post by Thunderono on January 10, 2022, 11:11:19 PM »
Hello everyone!  I'm here with an announcement: REAL v1b is now available!  Alongside a plethora of improvements to the existing maps, three new maps are included.  Two of these maps are award-winners from previously hosted competitions, and one has never been seen before.

ALP06 - Echelon and Flow
(click to show/hide)

REEF11 - Agonopolis
(click to show/hide)

And, using a new map code scheme designed to indicate maps made by the both of us:
REAL01 - Spectral Echo
(click to show/hide)

REAL may only be one map strong for now, but rest assured that after working together on Spectral Echo, Llama and I have some plans that'll fill that code out nicely.

Additionally, all maps now include SECTINFO and preview images for Trillster's map voting system.

Full changelog:
(click to show/hide)

We hope you enjoy!  You can grab it on TSPG or dropbox.
MM8BDM Discussion / Re: MM8BDM V6 - Released!
« Last post by Hunters120 on January 06, 2022, 07:36:54 PM »
It's been quiet here for almost a year...

So...anyone wants to talk about V7?
Projects & Creative / Re: Cutstuff Lazer tag
« Last post by Ehibika on January 05, 2022, 06:30:11 AM »
Got the next update for CS Lazer tag and the classmaker mod, now with established support for Ultimates and a chat system created by Trillster.

CSLT_ClassMaker_Alpha02.pk3
CSLazerTagAlpha-06.pk3

Main features of this update include some significant improvements to the gunplay, as well as class adjustments to improve their viability.
Tutorial Collection / [TUTOR] SECTINFO Setup
« Last post by Thunderono on January 05, 2022, 04:41:05 AM »
What the heck is SECTINFO?
I can't blame you for not knowing-- before using it myself in Spectral Echo, the only person I know of that ever bothered using it in a map was Russel.  SECTINFO is a lump in your map's wad archive that assigns a name to sectors by sector number.  For instance, Spectral Echo's SECTINFO lump looked like this:

(click to show/hide)

This has two relatively low-impact effects on gameplay.  The first is that typing $location in chat will display your actual location on the map, based on the mappings in SECTINFO.  The second, and often more noticeable, is that co-op info will now display your teammates' locations.

Is this a requirement for maps to be competitively viable or even casually viable?  No, not at all.
Is it cool?  Absolutely.

Unfortunately, all known versions of Doom Builder lack a mechanism to implement this, which means that in order to do so, you have to either manually gather sector numbers or cobble together an external workflow.  On top of that, since SECTINFO runs off of sector numbers, it would actually break whenever you were to split or delete a sector...

...or does it?

I spent my evening today crafting up a fix to this situation.  The result is a standalone tool that can root through information in your map's TEXTMAP to generate a SECTINFO for you!  The method this tool uses has a couple of upsides: you don't have to look at sector numbers, and since it uses information harmlessly saved in the map that doesn't rely on sector numbers, it will not break if you split or delete sectors.  If you don't mind briefly dipping into an external tool to make it, this can save you a lot of time and energy setting up callouts on your map.

Grab the tool here!

Included is a short .pdf file that details the workflow for getting these set up.  Enjoy!

oh and I guess you can use SECTINFO to set up control points for domination too but this tool doesn't do that uh oh
W.I.P Forum / Campaign Co-Op: Story Mode in Multiplayer!
« Last post by GhExists on January 03, 2022, 04:10:11 AM »
Ever since MM8BDM's early days, a question has been frequently asked by newbies who appreciated both aspects of the game: "Is there any way to play the campaign with 2 players or more?". the answer, as dissapointing as it could be, has been "no, there isn't".
....Until now.

(screenshots)
(click to show/hide)

Introducing the Campaign Co-Op Project!

Containing both the bot matches on normal stages & singleplayer exclusive levels like Dr. Light's hub map and the bossfight-riddled UNKOWN maps, this mod intends to bring the unique story mode experience into a playable form compatable with many players at once!

Core V6 is known to have a pretty lengthy post-game, so for now, the scope is being kept rather small, focusing on getting the first 6 chapters in their best state for you, your friends and kind strangers alike to become the champions of the second annual robot master tournament. the current public beta, Build 0-W, can be played from start to finish with no significant progress-halting issues.

However, this comes with a twist: the bosses have new tricks up their sleeves to keep it fresh for veterans while also not being too tough for newcomers who would like to experience the story this way, but what if despite this, they end up pretty difficult for you? don't worry pal, there's an easy mode included (which I also consider the ideal way to play if there's less than 4 players) which equips you with a mini E-Tank and a damage buff! just be warned though: a certain co-developer has a bit of a bias for Copy Robot, so expect him to be the craziest of the bunch.
You might be wondering, what about the... secret three? to keep a balance on their fairness, there's now a lives system which you can customize to up to ten lives, or you can set them to 1 if you are looking for an intense challenge.

HOSTING & SERVER MANAGEMENT GUIDE:

The first thing that you need to know about hosting with this mod is that it's not meant to be hosted using any TSPG-based server cluster, this doesn't mean that you cannot do it, but hosting a server through The Sentinel's Playground, Down Under Doomers and Euroboros will remove an important aspect of Campaign Coop: the presence of bots, as their rules disallow them. In order to play Campaign Co-Op the right way, you will have to host a local server; a process that requires you to port-forward/use a service like Hamachi or Radmin VPN. However, that's something I will let you figure out by yourself. A little help for the first method can be found here: https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=751

The mod features an special menu only available to users logged into the rcon, here you can choose to enable between two presets of DMFlags: the recommended ones and the exact same ones the campaign maps use, you can also customize the countdown timer prior to a boss battle & the amount of lives for the bonus bosses, not only that, you've got access to the server's entire progress.

The download link can be found here: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum/download.php?file=campaigncoop-build0w_hotfix.pk3
Important for new players: Please keep in mind that in order for this to work, you must download Zandronum 3.1, which as of right now is not yet bundled with MM8BDM's current version.

You can join our Discord server right here: https://discord.gg/7gYePMTnHa

CREDITS
Gh - MAP01 editing, Singleplayer botmatch & progress save system recreation, UNKOWN map system, bosses rework
MegaVile - bosses rework, UNKOWN map system, general feature scripting
Trillster - ACS help
Jax - ACS help
CutmanMike and co. - creating the original singleplayer campaign
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10