Advanced Search

Author Topic: KD's Mods. NEW B-Duel: A Host of Duel Improvements.  (Read 2161 times)

November 14, 2020, 07:08:55 AM
Read 2161 times

Offline King Dumb

• Global Moderator
  • Date Registered: March 08, 2011, 02:56:25 AM

• View Profile
KD's Mods. NEW B-Duel: A Host of Duel Improvements.
« on: November 14, 2020, 07:08:55 AM »
Hello. This is where I will be putting things that I make.

Mods:
B-Duel: A Host of Duel Improvements - Download 8BDM_BDuel_v1.pk3 on TSPG!
More coming soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B-Duel

The long-awaited updated version of Duel Item Patch is here. Rebranded as B-Duel, this modification offers a host of improvements to Duel. Each change can be toggled via a server CVar, and they each work independently from one another! Each toggle has a default, but these gameplay modifications can be combined to your liking.

At a glance, the following features are offered in B-Duel (listed along with their accompanying CVar and its default):
- Item Removals and Replacements (duel_usereplacements = true). Items that have overcentralizing/degenerate effects in Duel are removed, and a few are replaced with alternative utility items!
- Always-On Energy Balancer (duel_usebalancer = true). Players have the Energy Balancer equipped at all times, benefitting from its ammo efficiency without needing to pick it up!
- Stock Duel (duel_usestocks = true). Players must reduce their opponent's stocks (or lives) to 0 to win! Falling in pits no longer puts victory further from reach, but it does put the opponent closer!
- Mobile Duel (duel_usemobile = false). Mobility items like Item-1 and Rush Coil are automatically given to players, and replenished when either player dies!

Let's get into some details!

Item Removals and Replacements
CVar:
duel_usereplacements
Default: true

(click to show/hide)

Always-On Energy Balancer
CVar:
duel_usebalancer

(click to show/hide)

Stock Duel
CVar:
duel_usestocks

(click to show/hide)

Mobile Duel
CVar:
duel_usemobile
Default: false

(click to show/hide)

Credits:
(click to show/hide)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 14, 2020, 08:46:53 AM
Reply #1

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: KD's Mods. NEW B-Duel: A Host of Duel Improvements.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
Mentioned that this was a cool idea when KD and I were brainstorming about it, but I think it's worth reiterating. Base Zandronum gamemodes gave us some pretty janky rules to get used to, but this mod amends those to give a more engaging experience and I think that's super commendable. Hope to see it become a standard for all duel servers.

Now we just gotta see B-TLMS make its awaited return

November 15, 2020, 07:24:45 PM
Reply #2

Offline Pr. Gibberoni

• Standard Member

• Overdosing on The Cool.
  • Date Registered: December 28, 2019, 03:05:07 AM

• View Profile
Re: KD's Mods. NEW B-Duel: A Host of Duel Improvements.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 07:24:45 PM »
is mmvsat a legal map