Advanced Search

Author Topic: Please read - Asking for sprites  (Read 2369 times)

September 02, 2010, 08:58:31 AM
Read 2369 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Please read - Asking for sprites
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:58:31 AM »
A few people have IM'd me saying that they're being badgered for sprites they've made for MM8BDM, so others can use them as a base for new skins or other Mega Man projects. The worst case is when people have asked to simply make a skin out of a regular Robot Master from 1-6, something that's already BEEN DONE (for the final version of the game).

While I don't mind people sending out spritesheets early if they're the other of those sheets, I would only want them to do so if they actually wanted to do so. Yes they're based on Mega Man sprites for an open source game and they shouldn't be hidden away, but these people made these for the official Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch game, not for everyone to pick apart and use. If I made a new invention and people started to reverse engineer from it and make their own invention, before I even showed it off to the world, I'd be pretty pissed off.

So while you may think it's immoral to keep these resources from you, we're doing it because the sprites weren't made for a sprite resource site. They were made for a game which isn't even finished yet. Speaking of which, when the game is released all the resources can be extracted from the game with ease! So with that in mind, please don't PM people about MM8BDM resources.

From now on, users pestering MM8BDM via PM or other means will be warned. 3 warns on this forum and you're gone btw. Just be patient and wait for the damn game to be released.