Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mega Man Cross X SP [WIP]  (Read 12003 times)

February 01, 2016, 11:44:08 PM
Reply #15

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
Re: Mega Man Cross X SP [WIP]
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 11:44:08 PM »
Skype is facebook:superjsutin

February 15, 2016, 03:25:58 AM
Reply #16

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 03:25:58 AM »
Hey, this is actually still alive! I figured with both Shadow Man and Toad Man finished aside from polishing, it's about time that I do another update. This update brings just general proof of progress and an update on what needs to be done. For the proof of progress portion, here's a small portion of Toad Man's boss fight.

(click to show/hide)

With both bosses finished now, there's not much that needs to be done, here's an updated Progress List (only shows Shadow Man and Toad Man's progress since they're the only two in v1a).

(click to show/hide)

Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
I didn't really look through the video in full, I understand the expansion is a SP mod, though curious if you are going to try and keep the weapons unique from other weapons in the core of 8bdm or not worry about it since they don't show up in the mode and if the weapons don't show up in MP.

Apologies for not being able to address this question earlier, though with the update I feel the time's about right. My goal for the weapons is to make something that's clearly distinct from the core weapons however still make them familiar to the user with things such as their speed and fire rate. An example of this is Toad Bomb, it has the same fire and projectile speed of Crash Bomb, but it can be charged for an original effect. Bosses are already going to be difficult in this SP expansion, so I don't want players to have to also struggle with learning an entirely new set of weapons. There will be some weapons which are completely different from anything seen in the core such as Magnet Shield however, so there's no need to worry that the weapons will be blatant recolors of weapons already in core. That'll conclude this update, next update will most likely bring stage progress or who knows, might be the update that releases v1!

April 19, 2016, 01:18:00 AM
Reply #17

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
it's a spooky mystery =o
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 01:18:00 AM »
As the previous update predicted, Mega Man Cross X SP has its first map completely finished. With no need to stall, let's start with a screenshot of it.

(click to show/hide)

I'm guessing you guys weren't expecting Fire Man of all stages, certainly a long shot from Toad Man. With that being said, thanks to Knux, not only will the first update include Shadow and Toad Man, but it'll also including the burning man himself. More details coming on this stage later.

Of course this update wasn't just to show off one screenshot, but there's another huge announcement that involves you guys once again! I? ju?st? ?co?uld?n?'t ?ma?k?è t?he? ?d?e?ci?si?o?n? m?y?self ?so? ?o?n?ce ?a?gai?n ?I giv?e ?y?o?ú gu?ys t?h?e ?c?ho?ice of? wha?t yo?u w?an?t ?t?o? s?e?e ?i?n t?he first up?dat?e!? O?h? ?wo?w?, th?at's? pretty? ?ob?nox?iou?s? an?d ?i?n?c?on?veni?e?n?t?. ?Of? c?ou?r?se t?r?a?s?m?issi?on? h?a?d? ?t?o ?t?a??t bre?ak?i?n?g ?úp? d?urin?g ?the? ?up?a?t?e? o?f? ?a?l?? t?imes?. W??e??l??l??,?? ??s?i??n???e ?i?t???'??s c???e?a??r ?????i???s? ??ju?n??k?? ???s???n???'??t? ??g???in??g ??to?? c???l???e??a?r?? ?up? so??????n??,??? ??I'??l???l??? ??j?u??? q?ù??ì?ck??l??y?? ??to?s??? ???t???he ?s?c??r??è?n???s???o??t ???n? he?r?e?? be?f??or?e? ??I? l???ose? ?c??onn???e?c?t?i??o?n ?e????t?ir??e??l??y??.?? Ì???'???m???? ??p???r??????t????t?????y????? ???s?????r???e??? ??y??????u?? ????g????u???y????s???? ???ç?a???n??? ???????a??k????????? ??a?? ????f?????e???w???? ?????s????p???e????u?l??a?????t?????i?????????s????? ????o???n? ?????i???????,????? ???s????o???? ?????g??????o???d????? ?????u???c????k? ?????Í ???g????u????e??s?????s???!?????

(click to show/hide)

April 19, 2016, 02:15:48 AM
Reply #18

Knux

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 02:15:48 AM »
Aight, so let me shed some light on this map.

Fire Man CX, as anybody who's played the hack remembers was just a small room containing one of the "O-DRIVE!" letters, a hallway and the boss room. Since Sonicfam wanted a small challenge in each of the maps though, I went for it.

In this map, the mini-challenge consists of three paths, all connected in a single linear gauntlet of increasing difficulty. These paths, though connected, are separated into three sections all of which run a circle around the boss room. When players start the map, they can opt to run straight towards the boss door in front, or take the O-DRIVE! letter challenge by heading to the left after the starting area. However, behind the starting area, there are three platforms and one bigger one. Upon reaching the end of a section, one of the smaller three platforms is raised. By the time players have completed the mini-challenge, they will be able to jump up these platforms to reach the letter part.

Here's a few screenshots showing all of this off better.
(click to show/hide)
So the way each section works is basically adding an element that wasn't present in the previous one, while keeping the element from the previous one. So the first section has Fire Traps and lava, the second adds Fire Pillars, and the final one adds Fire Beams. When a player reaches the end of a section, they'll know because of the green walls and floor not present at the same time in any area of the map. Picture said floor and walls meeting, and that's how a "checkpoint" looks. And I use quotation marks, because if the player dies at any time during the challenge, they must do it all over again! Luckily, it isn't very long or hard, just requires some patience - especially towards the end.

That's about it for this explanation. I hope you'll look forward to this map!

(click to show/hide)
Now then, there's a couple of things people are probably gonna be wondering about, such as the WW sky and (when the mod is released) the boss room. Simply put, having a black ceiling everywhere looks pretty monotonous and can even be a bit disorienting, so I spiced it up a bit.

As for the boss room, I went for accuracy in looks. So if having horizons inside and not being able to see the layout clearly around it bothers some, then I apologize. Another advantage to keeping this look is players not being distracted by everything going around them, so it's not as bad a decision as it looks.  :ugeek:

April 30, 2016, 03:13:58 AM
Reply #19

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 03:13:58 AM »
Interesting.

April 30, 2016, 06:20:33 AM