Advanced Search

Author Topic: [EXPANSION] Street Fighter x Mega Man  (Read 57797 times)

February 10, 2013, 02:27:44 PM
Reply #30

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: [EXPANSION] Street Fighter x Mega Man
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
I swear that guy had running sprites in the game. Didn't he chase you around?

also your sprites don't have his gloves up where in that pose, he obviously has his gloves up.

February 10, 2013, 02:31:56 PM
Reply #31

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
I swear that guy had running sprites in the game. Didn't he chase you around?

also your sprites don't have his gloves up where in that pose, he obviously has his gloves up.

No, he moves forward with each punch, the last of the combo sending him WAY ahead.

February 10, 2013, 03:39:00 PM
Reply #32

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
So bad i can't make SF2 Balrog's walking too but i like the other walking.

February 12, 2013, 02:31:45 PM
Reply #33

Offline ServantofCygnus

• Standard Member

• @Greg.EXE#1965
  • Date Registered: December 15, 2012, 07:46:24 PM

• View Profile
    • Cringe ass nae nae social media
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »
inb4 Lightning Kick, Hadouken or simply AKUMA, JUST AKUMA become game breakers

I have a stupidiously high standard that expansions should come with classes, and this is one that absolutely needs them.
If there WAS an Akuma class, give him ridiculously high damage input, however modify the super bar to fit that so he can actually use the special.
Instant hell murder.

Ryu would probably have the chargeable Hadouken regular fire and the spin-kick alt, with the large-hitboxed Shin Hadouken as an item when the bar is filled.

Chun-Li? Low gravity, lightning kick regular fire, drop kick alt only usable in midair, special item when bar full; generic stuff.

Sevipe- I mean C. Viper: Rip-laser with minimal damage, alt fire flaming columns w/ cool down, super has columns go in four directions to fit three-dimensional gameplay;
And so on.
Scratch the Akuma class or change the special, we do not want to start another "v2c rolling cutter" incident. We all know how broken it was.
If you make a chapter with the stages, make Akuma or Bison the boss, probably Akuma, but make it so the rage meter is empty at first so the fight doesn't open up with Shun Goku Satsu.

February 12, 2013, 03:04:58 PM
Reply #34

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
Quote from: "ServantofCygnus"
Assuming Blaze doesn't screw something up, the weapons introduced should be fairly balanced.

Lightning Kick is planned to be a more consistent counterpart to the damage output variance hell that is known as Flame Sword. While Flame Sword seems to do drugs when you use it (sometimes OHKOing with little difficulty, sometimes dealing barely 20 damage), Lightning Kick will consistently produce the same damage with every hit. Players caught in Lightning Kick are also frozen temporarily, locking them into the rest of the combo. To balance this, Lightning Kick not only stops the user in his or her tracks, it also has a short delay after attacking to prevent infinitely stun-locking an enemy. Rest assured though, it's going to hurt like hell. I don't intend on having this weapon perform poorly by any means.

Hado(u)ken will have three potential versions: uncharged (normal) Hadoken, EX Hadoken (command input), and Cross Hadoken (charge attack). Hadoken and Cross Hadoken behave similarly to their in-game counterparts; the normal version moving slowly and having damage relative to the buster, and the charge moving quite faster and having the potential to pierce through defeated enemies. EX Hadoken is best compared to the hidden version accessible after inputting the code which unlocks V-ISM Custom Counters. Also, I call the charged version Cross Hadoken because it is similar to the chargeable EX moves from Street Fighter X Tekken; by spending extra time charging the move, the more powerful version can be used for virtually no cost.

Akuma's probably not getting a copy weapon because it would be broken beyond belief. He will have something that can be used by players though.

February 12, 2013, 03:09:22 PM
Reply #35

Offline ServantofCygnus

• Standard Member

• @Greg.EXE#1965

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
Assuming Blaze doesn't screw something up, the weapons introduced should be fairly balanced.

Lightning Kick is planned to be a more consistent counterpart to the damage output variance hell that is known as Flame Sword. While Flame Sword seems to do drugs when you use it (sometimes OHKOing with little difficulty, sometimes dealing barely 20 damage), Lightning Kick will consistently produce the same damage with every hit. Players caught in Lightning Kick are also frozen temporarily, locking them into the rest of the combo. To balance this, Lightning Kick not only stops the user in his or her tracks, it also has a short delay after attacking to prevent infinitely stun-locking an enemy. Rest assured though, it's going to hurt like hell. I don't intend on having this weapon perform poorly by any means.

Hado(u)ken will have three potential versions: uncharged (normal) Hadoken, EX Hadoken (command input), and Cross Hadoken (charge attack). Hadoken and Cross Hadoken behave similarly to their in-game counterparts; the normal version moving slowly and having damage relative to the buster, and the charge moving quite faster and having the potential to pierce through defeated enemies. EX Hadoken is best compared to the hidden version accessible after inputting the code which unlocks V-ISM Custom Counters. Also, I call the charged version Cross Hadoken because it is similar to the chargeable EX moves from Street Fighter X Tekken; by spending extra time charging the move, the more powerful version can be used for virtually no cost.

Akuma's probably not getting a copy weapon because it would be broken beyond belief. He will have something that can be used by players though.

You see, it's funny because I was writing a longer comment the entire time.

February 12, 2013, 03:11:15 PM
Reply #36

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 03:11:15 PM »
stuff
this expansion will never come with classes ever because some people hate classes with a fiery rage

also classes break COMPATIBILITY which is REALLY BAD FOR EXPANSIONS

also also Akuma needs to always open with Shun Goku Satsu all the time all day every day

February 12, 2013, 03:12:38 PM
Reply #37

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
Ok how will balrog walk then becuz i can't make sf2 balrog walking or should i make hes walking like megaman just what i did with ryu.

February 12, 2013, 03:15:31 PM
Reply #38

Offline ServantofCygnus

• Standard Member

• @Greg.EXE#1965

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 03:15:31 PM »
Its funny again because I never said the word stuff. At all.
this expansion will never come with classes ever because some people hate classes with a fiery rage EXCEPT NOBODY DOES

also classes break COMPATIBILITY (not really though) which is REALLY BAD FOR EXPANSIONS (obviously)

also also Akuma needs to always open with Instant Hell Murder all the time all day every day, except when it causes cheap deaths all the time all day every day

February 12, 2013, 04:08:00 PM
Reply #39

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Its funny again because I never said the word stuff. At all.
this expansion will never come with classes ever because some people hate classes with a fiery rage EXCEPT NOBODY DOES Except for the people that do

also classes break COMPATIBILITY (not really though) (What are you smoking and where can I get some) which is REALLY BAD FOR EXPANSIONS (obviously) (But of course)

also also Akuma needs to always open with Instant Hell Murder all the time all day every day, except when it causes cheap deaths all the time all day every day Akuma's Instant Hell Shenanigans exists because he was designed as an incredibly difficult almost-to-the-point-of-cheap end-boss. If a class would ever be made for him, it would probably work a little something like another class instead.

Long story short, there aren't going to be classes included in the expansion, simply because it's an expansion. That's not what expansions do.

February 12, 2013, 08:46:18 PM
Reply #40

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
In other news...

(click to show/hide)
Have a preview in what's to come from Seth's stage.

EDIT: If you want SFxMM classes. Go make them yourself, I'm not going to do it AT all, just letting you know.

February 12, 2013, 08:54:42 PM
Reply #41

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
Didn't want to bump the SFxMM thread and get in trouble
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
Even if he didn't appear, someone has to go and make a Seth skin.

That's something that should have happened in Street Fighter x Mega Man. Instead of refighting the bosses directly, Seth should have appeared and copied the boss patterns and weaknesses Doc Robot style (and he would warp away each time he was defeated, until he finally explodes after the 8th and last fight).

Anyway, I wish you all luck on this expansion.

February 12, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
Reply #42

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 08:56:04 PM »
Thanks Beed.

Anyways, the stage is somewhat complete for the moment in time. I'll probably get back to working on it whenever I'm done with other things.

February 12, 2013, 09:02:58 PM
Reply #43

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: Didn't want to bump the SFxMM thread and get in trouble
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
Even if he didn't appear, someone has to go and make a Seth skin.

That's something that should have happened in Street Fighter x Mega Man. Instead of refighting the bosses directly, Seth should have appeared and copied the boss patterns and weaknesses Doc Robot style (and he would warp away each time he was defeated, until he finally explodes after the 8th and last fight).

Anyway, I wish you all luck on this expansion.

Why was this never a thing :I

Oh, and somewhat in the words of M. Bison:

THAT STAGE IS DELICIOUS

February 12, 2013, 09:44:35 PM
Reply #44

Offline Colonel ServBot

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 30, 2012, 02:54:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
actually, may i help with bot chats?