Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Total Conversion] Under Siege  (Read 50663 times)

March 06, 2013, 04:36:44 AM
Read 50663 times

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
[Total Conversion] Under Siege
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:44 AM »
Current Version: v0a - ...Well, I did something.
Download: MediaFire

FAQ
(click to show/hide)

To-Do List

Maps
(click to show/hide)

Props
(click to show/hide)

Characters (Submission Guidelines)
(click to show/hide)

Role Tally (Bolded roles are currently being waitlisted)
(click to show/hide)

Waitlist
(click to show/hide)
More details will be added later.

March 06, 2013, 04:45:33 AM
Reply #1

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
Re: [Mod/Game Mode] Under Siege (Working Title)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:33 AM »
Dan wasn't in Street Fighter II, he was in Alpha, and everything after that. Also, are you planning on adding other classes? (I would honestly like to see someone make a Homestar Runner-related character someplace.)

March 06, 2013, 04:52:38 AM
Reply #2

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:52:38 AM »
Taking suggestions, eh? How about the Battle of Chi-Bi from Dynasty Warriors series for a map? And have it feature water you can fall in but slows you to 25% of your speed (on deep water, covering to the shoulders) or 50% on shallow water (covering half of the character), as well as the "fire attack" effect that constantly damages those on the burning ships but doesn't kill them.

And for character, Lu Bu, of course (which could be made from Enker or Yamatoman)

March 06, 2013, 09:28:41 AM
Reply #3

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:41 AM »
I'm just going to mention a few things because Coldy would have never done work had I not shoved my e-peen in the doorway

Player characters will, on average, have two weapons they can switch between for their basic attacks. One is meant to be their "auto-attack" of sorts; a player can use this move repeatedly with little to no real penalty, and without a required cost. The other weapon can be another base attack, or a more powerful attack that requires ammo of some sort. With both weapons, the alt-fire will access that character's Skills. Every character has three specific Skills mapped to Forward, Neutral, and Back, and all Skills require some form of ammo (Weapon Energy, MP, Super Gauge, etc) to use. Some characters may only have one weapon while others may have three, but for the most part everyone gets two attacks and three supers. Keep these things in mind when suggesting a possible character. Does your character have enough of a moveset to have two base attacks with three special moves? Is their moveset too large, and will picking moves everyone agrees on turn out to be a nightmare?

On that note, I suggest putting up a poll to vote on FINISHED character suggestions. I think putting up a poll of whether or not people support or specifically hate a certain character will help flesh out the roster with characters that the dev team may not personally have a fan-boner for. Also, by "finished" I mean that the character in question has a FULL moveset blueprint, a skin to use (even something temporary), and someone willing to make HUD graphics for said character if they are accepted. The character doesn't have to be finished coding-wise, but there should be a sizable base to work from.

One more thing should be said, and it's that Coldy's Mobies (working title) covers a wide range of characters... but it's not Saxton Hale, if you catch my drift. Including references from various games and other popular media is fine, but requesting overused internet memes or unpopular community characters (read: self-inserts) is heavily frowned upon. For example, requesting the addition of CutmanMike would be fine as he's a community character that nearly everyone here is familiar with. Requesting the addition of Elena Ampere or Dr. Oshiro would also be fine as many fans of Cutstuff War are familiar with these characters. However, requesting a Jasper Whisp character would not be a good idea as a lot of people here have no idea who I am even talking about. Of equal "frowny face magnitude" would be if I asked for a SmashBro champion class, as the only reason I'd have for making such a ridiculous inquiry would be with the purpose of enlarging my e-peen to become as inflated as digitally possible. Also, knowing me I'd put in some awkward gameplay gimmick and try to change it every four months, but that's besides the point.

I'm also going to say that suggestions for things that aren't player characters would be lovely. Minion types, mid-bosses, stage designs... all of those things would be highly appreciated. I know everyone's just going to suggest player characters anyway but I thought this was worth mentioning.

Also, I'm not "officially" on the dev team. Coldy just so happened to use my base design for pretty much everything he's done so far. :ugeek:

March 06, 2013, 12:19:50 PM
Reply #4

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:50 PM »
I understand the lack of Mega Man stuff in props or maps but why is poor Mega overshadowed by a god damned japanese pop singer??? It's the main reason so many people have a problem with Saxton. There is nowhere near the amount of Mega Man stuff there should be in a Mega Man game. Duo could be a fantastic Clunk gameplayer (Punch people to slow them down, then shoulder charge them), Bass could be a fantastic agile asshole with his multiple jumps and dash, Wily could be an incredible wall with Bunbi Helis at his disposal to agitate opponents, so on and so forth. I don't care if you remove any characters, but try to keep a 1:1 ratio between Mega Man : Not Mega Man, please. Other than that rather distracting issue, this certainly seems like an interesting mod and I'd be willing to help out.

March 06, 2013, 01:09:10 PM
Reply #5

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 01:09:10 PM »
Quote from: "LlamaHombre"
I understand the lack of Mega Man stuff in props or maps but why is poor Mega overshadowed by a god damned japanese pop singer???

'Bout time someone finally agreed with me.

Why would anyone in their right mind feature a mascot for a VOCAL SYNTHESIZING PROGRAM in a game about SHOOTING THINGS

She's not even in a game

March 06, 2013, 01:44:31 PM
Reply #6

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
Someone enlighten me, I don't play MOBA games...

..Is this like AOW2 with characters or something?

(EDIT: AOW2 = All Out War 2)

March 06, 2013, 01:45:13 PM
Reply #7

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
I see Pinkie got the boot...

Honestly, I do not have a problem with non-Mega Man material (/me glances over at the Kirby's Adventure Expansion that's existed for years *).  If it's a unique/interesting idea that you don't think can be captured with a Mega Man-related character, I say go for it.

Okay so previously I had presumed this was a sort of Mann vs. Machine thing and I was about to suggest Ixtem Tower as a siege map, but since it's LoL-style that's hideously uneven to the team that gets to start up-top.

Knowing literally nothing about any of the games present, exceptions being TF2, Street Fighter, and Vocaloid, I probably won't be able to help much with props or anything, but I'll fade in and out to see what I can't do.
And if it's of any use to you, Ryuga_Knight made an old, Roll-edit Hatsune Miku skin.

March 06, 2013, 02:22:14 PM
Reply #8

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
She's not even in a game
I beg to differ.
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
I'm just going to mention a few things because Coldy would have never done work had I not shoved my e-peen in the doorway

Player characters will, on average, have two weapons they can switch between for their basic attacks. One is meant to be their "auto-attack" of sorts; a player can use this move repeatedly with little to no real penalty, and without a required cost. The other weapon can be another base attack, or a more powerful attack that requires ammo of some sort. With both weapons, the alt-fire will access that character's Skills. Every character has three specific Skills mapped to Forward, Neutral, and Back, and all Skills require some form of ammo (Weapon Energy, MP, Super Gauge, etc) to use. Some characters may only have one weapon while others may have three, but for the most part everyone gets two attacks and three supers. Keep these things in mind when suggesting a possible character. Does your character have enough of a moveset to have two base attacks with three special moves? Is their moveset too large, and will picking moves everyone agrees on turn out to be a nightmare?

On that note, I suggest putting up a poll to vote on FINISHED character suggestions. I think putting up a poll of whether or not people support or specifically hate a certain character will help flesh out the roster with characters that the dev team may not personally have a fan-boner for. Also, by "finished" I mean that the character in question has a FULL moveset blueprint, a skin to use (even something temporary), and someone willing to make HUD graphics for said character if they are accepted. The character doesn't have to be finished coding-wise, but there should be a sizable base to work from.

One more thing should be said, and it's that Coldy's Mobies (working title) covers a wide range of characters... but it's not Saxton Hale, if you catch my drift. Including references from various games and other popular media is fine, but requesting overused internet memes or unpopular community characters (read: self-inserts) is heavily frowned upon. For example, requesting the addition of CutmanMike would be fine as he's a community character that nearly everyone here is familiar with. Requesting the addition of Elena Ampere or Dr. Oshiro would also be fine as many fans of Cutstuff War are familiar with these characters. However, requesting a Jasper Whisp character would not be a good idea as a lot of people here have no idea who I am even talking about. Of equal "frowny face magnitude" would be if I asked for a SmashBro champion class, as the only reason I'd have for making such a ridiculous inquiry would be with the purpose of enlarging my e-peen to become as inflated as digitally possible. Also, knowing me I'd put in some awkward gameplay gimmick and try to change it every four months, but that's besides the point.

I'm also going to say that suggestions for things that aren't player characters would be lovely. Minion types, mid-bosses, stage designs... all of those things would be highly appreciated. I know everyone's just going to suggest player characters anyway but I thought this was worth mentioning.

Also, I'm not "officially" on the dev team. Coldy just so happened to use my base design for pretty much everything he's done so far. :ugeek:
Although I can pretty much agree with this. The mods based on other games have the issue of not focusing around Megaman stuff. Even the Battle and Chase mod has this problem, and thats based on a Megaman game.

March 06, 2013, 02:51:50 PM
Reply #9

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
-snip-
To be honest, I haven't exactly finalized the details; I'm still debating exactly how I want classes to work.

Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
She's not even in a game
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid/Project Diva) - Nothing Done

In other news, expect polls here as I decide what to include and how this is going to work. Lots of polls.

March 06, 2013, 04:14:36 PM
Reply #10

Offline Colonel ServBot

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 30, 2012, 02:54:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 04:14:36 PM »
So your taking suggestions to characters?

How about this.

How about Alastair from Dragon Age: Origins?
Or  how about Frank West from Dead Rising?

March 06, 2013, 06:30:14 PM
Reply #11

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
First poll's up. Give your opinions!

As for people giving suggestions, if you could post examples (pictures, gameplay clips, etc.) that would be great.

March 06, 2013, 06:42:27 PM
Reply #12

Offline Hinatediz

• MM8BDM Extender

• BEEP BEEP BITCH YOU'RE GAY *
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2012, 03:49:32 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
What about Ezio Auditore or Connor Kenway?

...or Simisage?

and i can contribute with my Nitori and Peacock skins...

March 06, 2013, 06:49:59 PM
Reply #13

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »
Can we have ideas that is from the same game on the list.

March 06, 2013, 06:54:13 PM
Reply #14

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »
I kind of want to "spread the love" as much as possible, so I'd prefer characters from different series, but feel free to suggest characters from games and series already on the list.