Advanced Search

Author Topic: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (2022 Triple Trouble)  (Read 14456 times)

July 29, 2020, 11:34:49 PM
Read 14456 times

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

• View Profile
Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (2022 Triple Trouble)
« on: July 29, 2020, 11:34:49 PM »

Hello, hello!

Huh... I've been here before? Well, I suppose to begin a fresh start I've decided to make a new thread where all new skins will be posted... if I continually go back to this of course!

If you want to check out the old thread, click here

Now, let's get started on these new attendees to the fray! To download which one you want to play just click their respective name...

Updated as of May 26th, 2022

Origin: Mega Man 10
Skin Name: "Chillman-D"
A custom Chillman skin I made that was originally used in CCBM before the MM8BDM V6 update.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man 10
Skin Name: "Solarman-D"
Solarman skin released before the MM10 expansion of MM8BDM, and was used in mods such as CCBM before the MM8BDM V6 update.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man 11
Skin Name: "Fuseman"
Fuseman skin that was completed awhile before Mega Man 11 released, and as such saw a patch after the game released to feature a more accurate look.
Also seen in mods such as Reimagined Classes, Grand Classes, and CCBM before that patch passed away!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man 11
Skin Name: "Blockman"
Featuring walk frames that were done by Dio-ZX, this skin uses a look for Blockman based off some mobile game.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Original Character
Skin Name: "Vocalwoman"
An original design character that was later used for mods like CSCC.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Cosmicman"
An original design character that I've used for many years, previous designs used in mods like MagiCode.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog
Skin Name: "Robotnik"
Now, you too can play as Dr. Robotnik... with a Mega Buster! Why? Why not!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man Star Force
Skin Name: "CrownThunder"
CrownThunder, one of the FM-ians requested by Clock.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Bayonetta
Skin Name: "Bayonetta"
Commissioned by UmbraHog, this marks the first commissioned work I've made for a MM8BDM skin. Features her own sounds from her original games and Super Smash Bros.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man X
Skin Name: "Dr. Light (Ryu)"
Appearing in Mega Man X1 as a secret in Armored Armadillo's stage, here's Dr. Light in a fighting gi similar to Ryu from Street Fighter.
A skin featured originally in CBM as his own class.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Animal Crossing
Skin Name: "Villager"
The classic (or at least most iconic) Villager that appears in the Super Smash Bros. games as a playable fighter.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Persona 5
Skin Name: "Morgana"
Joker's initial navigator, Morgana is a cat... I think who aids the Phantom Thieves in fixing the minds of corrupted folks. Also featured are custom taunt sounds taken from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
Skin Name: "Marle"
The new girl in town, (Dark) Marle who appears as a newcomer character in the game "Puyo Puyo Tetris 2." At this time though, she is a very mysterious character, but I liked the design enough that I wanted her in MM8BDM.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Fall Guys
Skin Name: "Fall Guy"
This cute looking thing is... surprisingly massive, able to contain an entire human body according to the developers. This rubbery physics based blob is very simple, yet appealing. Comes with custom sounds.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Among Us
Skin Name: "Crewmate"
Are you just a crew mate, or are you an imposter? You decide! This Crewmate comes packed and loaded with a gun... and a custom sound upon death... also some bonus sprites if you ever feel bored.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Mr. Hertz"
An NPC commonly seen in the Mega Man Star Force trilogy.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man Battle Network
Skin Name: "Mr. Prog"
Much like Mr. Hertz, this NPC is commonly seen in the Mega Man Battle Network titles.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mario & Luigi
Skin Name: "Starlow"
The partner buddy that follows alongside Mario and Luigi in a few of the latter titles of the Mario & Luigi series on handhelds, she is a orb star thing... that's about all I know admittedly!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Teen Titans
Skin Name: "Raven"
The purple cloak wearing lady from the Teen Titans group by DC Comics.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Puyo Puyo
Skin Name: "Carbuncle-Compile"
Gu~! The yellow bean boy who accompanies Arle Nadja, though specifically using the Compile design. Perhaps a SEGA design version later?
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "DiamondIce"
Belle's Wizard has gone maverick... or just been possessed by Dealer's group, whichever you wanna call it. She's in it to help her owner take over Sonia Strumm's spotlight, though not sure why destroying Mega Man will do anything... perhaps play Star Force 3 to find out!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man (Gameboy)
Skin Name: "Megaman-GB"
While unassuming at first, this is actually a modified version of the vanilla Mega Man skin to look more in-line with how he appears in the Gameboy games. Not much different eh? There's some subtle changes I did, mostly for fun. Even included the GB sounds from CBM to spice him up too!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Tetris
Skin Name: "Tetromino"
A random Tetris piece that morphs into other Tetris pieces, kind of random but okay! Includes a couple sounds from the Tetris game on NES.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Joy Mech Fight
Skin Name: "Sukapon"
Some random pink robot from a Japanese exclusive fighting game, might know them best for being annoying during the Rayman Spirit Battle in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Puyo Puyo Tetris
Skin Name: "O"
Pipipi~! One of Tee's helper friends as part of the Tetra Crew aboard the SS Tetra.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Minecraft
Skin Names: "Steve", "Alex", "Zombie"
A few skins based on the PC game, Minecraft. Includes Minecraft sounds, even some unique ones for the Zombie! Also including a secret skin, can you find them without going into SLADE and figuring it out?
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Rivals of Aether
Skin Name: "Orby"
The tutorial orb who helps you go through... the tutorial, in the Smash Bros.-like indie game "Rivals of Aether"!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Rivals of Aether
Skin Name: "Sandbert"
The most powerful rival there is, now to shoot butterfly kisses at you!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Gunstar SUPER Heroes
Skin Names: "GunstarRed", "GunstarBlue""
The duo Gunstars from SEGA'S Gunstar Heroes, specifically the GBA reboot, Gunstar SUPER Heroes! While Red was commissioned by Acid Trip, I actually just did Blue as a bonus so have fun with that.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: TikTok
Skin Name: "Shitass", "Shitass-Alt"
Hey Shitass, wanna see me make a new MM8BDM skin?
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Skin Name: "Mite"
One of the enemies from the Subspace Emissary, and a basic one at that. Comes with a couple SSBB SFX.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Elegy"
A commission by Dr-Zeos, who also did the base sprites and also imported this to SLADE for me. So thanks for that! Also included is compatibility with Maestro in CBM.
(click to show/hide)
^ Small update to fix the CBM compat. ^

Origin: BOXBOY! & Part-Time UFO
Skin Names: "Qbby", "Jobski"
Qbby and Jobski, two simple characters created by HAL Labs., you know... the ones who develop the Kirby games. In any case, I put them in a pack to justify the value, due to them being done at somewhat a similar time frame, theme, and likely to not draw too much appeal. Both come with some SFX from their respective games.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Fawkes"
Commissioned by Fawkes the Fox, a furry OC. Comes with Ryan Drummond's Sonic voice clips, supplied by Fawkes himself!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man Battle & Chase
Skin Name: "Plum"
A character introduced in Mega Man Battle & Chase, a racing spinoff title on the PlayStation 1! Though, she was only around in the Japanese version for whatever reason, so her appearance to the western audience is incredibly limited unless you count the Archie comics.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: OK K.O.: Let's Be Heroes!
Skin Name: "KO"
The wanna-be superhero working for at Gar's Bodega, a convenience store set in Lakewood Town Plaza, with a side-gig to defeat robots created by the evil doctor alongside his buddies Rad and Enid. Hey... wasn't this guy already made into a MM8BDM skin? Well, this one doesn't come with voice taunts but what is included is a higher-pitched landing sound to accommodate the smaller stature of the kid.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Rockman & Forte: Challenge from the Future
Skin Name: "Wanderbell", "Dangankun"
Featuring two enemies from the obscure Wonderswan game, it's Wanderbell and Dangankun... hear me out those are unofficial names I picked out. Dangankun's base sprite was also created by Molly, though the Wanderbell sprites are ripped and modified from the original game.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Sora"
A commission by Timmeme of their Kingdom Hearts-inspired OC, with a custom Mega Man-esque design done by myself. Sounds supplied by him, from a Kingdom Hearts game.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "MetalMaiden", "MetalMaiden-Alt"
Another commission by AcidiaTripala, a remake of a skin I previously made some time ago for MagiCode, it's a new version of Metal Maiden! Complete with an alt skin featuring her with a helmet, and SFX chosen by him.
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Ice"
A commission by Bubble Frog, otherwise known as Ice, for his frog OC... who doesn't actually use ice.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Skin Name: "Rocket"
A random N64 platformer character, surprisingly a pretty good collectathon game done by Sucker Punch... didn't expect this to predate Sly Cooper did ya?
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Xero"
A commission by Xero, it's their OC with a Mega Man style design similar to what I did with Sora awhile ago. Contains some custom sounds!
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Duke Nukem (series)
Skin Name: "Duke"
Content Warning: He swears, crazy thought so if you're not into that then don't download this.
A commission by WarDog, it's the Duke himself and he's ready to chew bubblegum and kick ass! Contains taunt sounds of some of his iconic quotes.
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Mega Man X1
Skin Name: "Chill Penguin"
A commission by LetsFindABird, it's the ice bird Maverick from the first Mega Man X game! Hidden in the .pk3 file too are some extra unused sprites if you're feeling like creating a mod using them, free to use as long as credit is given![/size][/center]
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Starbun"
A commission by Starsanity64, it's their OC: Starbun![/size][/center]
(click to show/hide)

Skin Name: "Warlon"
A commission by Warlon, it's their OC: Warlon![/size][/center]
(click to show/hide)

Extra Credits:
Blaze Yeager - Assistance with Chillman and Solarman's skins, co-designed Cosmicman's current design
Pegg - Fuseman and Blockman mugshots
Dio-ZX - Finishing Blockman's skin
Thresh - CrownThunder mugshot
JaxOf7(?) - Dr. Light (Ryu) base sprite
FTX6004 - Huge help on the Dr. Light (Ryu) skin
Dr-Zeos - Help with the Elegy skin + importing
Molly - Dangankun base sprite
Bubble Frog - Used art by them to create the mugshot used for this thread

August 02, 2020, 01:39:17 AM
Reply #1

Offline Binary_Newer

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 24, 2019, 12:01:20 AM

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (GRAND OPENING)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 01:39:17 AM »
used in mods such as CCBM.

I think Solar Man uses a different skin in CCBM now?

August 04, 2020, 05:21:22 AM
Reply #2

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (GRAND OPENING)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 05:21:22 AM »
Na I grabbed it from the latest version of CCBM which I distinctly remember being mine since it had a couple flaws in it I never fixed or folks had some problems with.

August 09, 2020, 10:53:35 PM
Reply #3

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (AUGUST'S TRIO OF NEW SKINS)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
A bit into August, I decided to release a few more skins this time around.

Presenting...
- Dr. Light (Ryu) which is a skin I worked on for CBM, mostly lifted here to give players a quick and easy chance to play as this "street fighter" in Vanilla.
- Villager, a skin I had completed a couple years back that I just decided to dump here as I feel like despite the work not being marvelous I still valued it as good enough to post onto the forums to let people play as this iconic character.
- Morgana, a nearly completed skin I recently finished to wrap up another quick project.

August 13, 2020, 01:03:19 AM
Reply #4

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 01:03:19 AM »
I should had told you a few days ago but i would really appreciate that you can give me credit for the dr light skin which i had a huge impact on fixing the entre skin back when you worked on it.

August 17, 2020, 06:34:50 AM
Reply #5

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 06:34:50 AM »
I didn't know who to credit but had the intention to the entire time, but still figured the skin was still owned primarily by me so it was just a matter of memory.

October 13, 2020, 06:20:52 AM
Reply #6

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (666 OCTOBER UPDATE 666)
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 06:20:52 AM »

Presenting the new cast members...
Marle from Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
A Fall Guy from Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
The Crewmate from Among Us
A Mr. Hertz along with a Mr. Prog, from the Mega Man Star Force and Battle Network series' respectively
...and finally, Starlow from the Mario & Luigi games!

October 23, 2020, 03:55:55 AM
Reply #7

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, V6!)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 03:55:55 AM »

A bit early for another update, eh? Well, I just gotta start with the preemptive celebration... though this is going up a few minutes before midnight where I live, I just wanna say.

Happy Birthday, V6!

If you're unaware, MM8BDM's V6 release is near and that means new content to go through: Mega Man 10 and Mega Man V! Awesome, right? Well... that does come with a little update I'm making a little early to have things prepped, and that's why you can understand the need to have this update out as soon as I can without coming off as too soon.

To boot, I've updated Chillman and Solarman to contain a "-D" at the end if needing to load their skins.
I know there's little to no point in having them here anymore, but the legacy remains, and I think it's still good to give players the option to use them despite the inferiority. Perhaps, it can at least present at most an example of my quality of skins, or perhaps just be a fun alternative for whatever reason you want!

Now, onto the goods! I'm sure you noticed the new faces here and I do wanna at least make a post listing off the new additions...

So here we have:
Raven from the Teen Titans series,
Carbuncle from the Puyo Puyo series,
Diamond Ice from Mega Man Star Force 3,
Game Boy Mega Man,
Tetromino from Tetris,
Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight,
O from Puyo Puyo Tetris,
Steve, Alex, and Zombie from Minecraft,
...as well as Orby and Sandbert from Rivals of Aether!

Also included, is a secret skin in the Minecraft Pack. While I could tell you, and you could also look in SLADE to see who it is... I do wanna at least hold him secret for at least a bit. If you know, you know, consider it a bonus gift along with the fact this is already a bit of a bonus gift... seeing as how I only released a set of skins just earlier this month.

At the very least, I'm hoping to aim for a small break from this for a bit, so don't expect this to happen again, I was just caught off-guard by V6's release that I wanted something out way sooner than expected mostly as an excuse to update skins that will otherwise become outdated starting soon.

And with that, I believe that is all I have to say here. Have fun!

November 14, 2020, 07:04:05 AM
Reply #8

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (NOVEMBER 2020 UPDATE)
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 07:04:05 AM »

A new update is here, once again! I'll just cut it short, as it's a smaller one I wanted to churn out so I can space these out more.

So this time we have 10 new characters consisting of...
The Gunstars, Red and Blue, from Gunstar SUPER Heroes. A commission by Acid Trip!
Shitass
Mite from Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary
Elegy, an OC commissioned by Dr-Zeos
Jobski from Part-Time UFO
Qbby from BOXBOY!
Fawkes the Fox, commissioned by Fawkes the Fox
Plum from Mega Man Battle & Chase
K.O. from OK K.O.: Let's Be Heroes!

Hoping to get a new set sometime soon, as per the usual it seems. Though I think from here on 8 will probably be the general standard.

November 14, 2020, 09:01:58 AM
Reply #9

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (NOVEMBER 2020 UPDATE)
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
You Made it, You Created K.O. for MM8BDM Skin, Also I Created K.O. as MM8BDM Skin too, and Even I Help to Ivangel for Make Pk.3/Download.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qsax3bf8f7gdlfo/K.O..pk3/file

https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=11828.0

anways Nice Work.

December 23, 2020, 08:22:51 PM
Reply #10

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (MERRY CHRISTMAS 2020)
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2020, 08:22:51 PM »

Merry Christmas... a bit early huh? Though like other people who have families, I won't be available much of Christmas and neither will others so I figured now was a good time to go ahead and upload this... admittedly pretty small set of new skins to end off the 2020 year!

Sorry if I teased a skin that isn't here yet, commissions kicked up a storm including OCs like Sora, Metal Maiden, and Ice!
Also included are enemies from Rockman & Forte: Challenge from the Future (Wanderbell and Dangankun), and Rocket from Rocket: Robot on Wheels!

April 17, 2021, 06:24:21 PM
Reply #11

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (two of them)
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 06:24:21 PM »

Two of them. Both are commissions from Xero and WarDog respectively, one for an OC just named Xero and another for Duke Nukem.

May 26, 2022, 09:22:40 PM
Reply #12

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (2022 Triple Trouble)
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2022, 09:22:40 PM »

Three new commissioned skins for MM8BDM, a game I admittedly retired as of this time. However, these were all pretty fun to make so hope y'all enjoy this semi-return of me!

June 29, 2022, 10:49:18 AM
Reply #13

Offline MrShadowXP

• Standard Member

• MM8BDM player.
  • Date Registered: June 23, 2022, 10:58:32 AM

• View Profile
Re: Dimpsuu's Gallery of Skins (2022 Triple Trouble)
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 10:49:18 AM »
Love Skins On MM8BDM (: