Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Fan game]Megaman Infamous Intent  (Read 25047 times)

April 09, 2015, 04:52:27 PM
Read 25047 times

Offline DoomManFTW

• Standard Member

• I forgot I existed.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2015, 04:46:08 PM

• View Profile
[Fan game]Megaman Infamous Intent
« on: April 09, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »
I am sorry for not posting this on the fan collection topic,but by seeing how it looks,sounds and who works on it,i wanted to say this in such way that anybody can see this.
A couple of people under the name of Deadteam both youtube and tumblr are working on a megaman fan game:Megaman Infamous Intent
On youtube you can find a lot of the great soundtrack and on tumblr you can see their progress,hope you would check them out :)
Also,one of the composers is threxx or something,you might already know him,there are more than a handful of spriters and one of the testers is the same one who tested Megaman Rock Force,so i think it should be good ^_^

Almost forgot to say,i am not involved at all in the project and i do not think they need more people to help,i just wanted to give everyone a reason to be hyped :3

April 09, 2015, 05:10:42 PM
Reply #1

Offline Cheeyev

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 02, 2015, 09:39:35 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Fan game]Megaman Infamous Intent
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »
Yeah, I've seen it. It looks good, but I wonder who Dr.NotCossack is, and his role.

April 09, 2015, 06:27:27 PM
Reply #2

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
Old Famitracker Modules had the antagonist labelled as "Mr. Famous," who likely shares likenesses with his Battle Network counterpart.

I've been following the project for a little bit and it seems neat so far.
Yeah.

May 09, 2015, 06:47:49 PM
Reply #3

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »
Hellooo, everyone.

Now, you might remember me, and you might be wondering where the hell I've been...or, equally likely, you forgot all about me, but that's okay.  I just dropped by real quick to check up on the place and I couldn't help but notice this topic.
It feels so, so great to feel a game I worked on getting advertised here, and I wasn't even the one who had to do it.  Yeah, good old Chaos finally grew up and found a real devteam to take part in.  We've been working on this game for a little under a year, and we've got pretty good progress rolling.  We've even got a little stage demo up.  (Make sure to watch with annotations on)

We really hope to deliver a game that won't disappoint, since we've had a lot of disappointments lately.
Anywho, looks like they weren't linked, so just in case, here's our Tumblr and our YouTube channel.  We also have a Twitter but we rarely use it.  We'll make sure to inform you of what we have in store as soon as it's presentable, and in the meantime, our ask box is always open!

May 09, 2015, 08:18:37 PM
Reply #4

Offline Threxx

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 19, 2014, 10:52:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
yeah I do the music or something.

I was planning to eventually make a thread for this myself but I'm glad that it happened naturally!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMbdJc5 ... W460g9wd16

here's a link to said music that i do

May 09, 2015, 09:11:35 PM
Reply #5

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 09:11:35 PM »
I appreciate that your Megaman [and bass, for that matter] resprite doesn't make me want to kill myself. Good job!
I'm not too fond of Protoman's sprite though judging by the Endless Stage preview. I'm not quite sure what about it, but it just seems off. Could be the shine on the glasses?

IMO, the text gets a little too close to the ends of the text box, making it look kind of strange when you have letters touching the borders.
Consider reorganizing your text so that you at least stay a pixel away from the borders.

edit: oh right.
having a Grime Man and a Cleanse Woman in the same game is pretty much like Hammer Man and Nail Man.
Take that how you will.

also also also
I highly suggest making Grime Man brighter at the very least; his sprite is very dark, which is incredibly abnormal for Megaman characters and makes it rather hard to read the details.
Whether you lighten his dark green or add more highlights is up to you but you should definitely do something about that.
reaperman has a similar problem around his shoulders and arms
his scythe also doesn't look like it's from an 8-bit game, even if it is badass

last thing
It's a little odd that two of your women both have hair instead of headgear. This makes them look more like women in clothes than superfightingrobots, so it's kind of like when male beast men are all super furry and female beast men are just women with ears and tails.
that might make sense.
actually, looking at it again, all of the women robot masters just look like women in clothes, with archer woman easily being the most robotic.
definitely consider looking at those designs again

to clarify, i'm not saying those designs are bad, i just don't think they fit in with the whole megaman thing you've got going on

but yeah cool job so far I look forward to playing it

i have edited this post too much

May 09, 2015, 09:35:35 PM
Reply #6

Offline Threxx

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 09:35:35 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
edit: oh right.
having a Grime Man and a Cleanse Woman in the same game is pretty much like Hammer Man and Nail Man.
Take that how you will.

Done on purpose. generally there are a couple RM's in every game which have an obvious juxtaposition.

also also also
I highly suggest making Grime Man brighter at the very least; his sprite is very dark, which is incredibly abnormal for Megaman characters and makes it rather hard to read the details.

This has actually been done already, the thumbnail just never got updated because i'm a shit

IMO, the text gets a little too close to the ends of the text box, making it look kind of strange when you have letters touching the borders.
Consider reorganizing your text so that you at least stay a pixel away from the borders.

The dialogue engine in the video is very incomplete, the final version will have this fixed as well as having uppercase/lowercase characters and faster text.

May 09, 2015, 09:49:51 PM
Reply #7

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 09:49:51 PM »
This game looks awesome and I'm super jelly of your spriting skills (especially Mega Man and some of those tiles, all the shines and white make it look super clean), but like Korby I have a tiny list of possible critiques just to help the game out a bit if you want

- The new HUD (glad you're going down a total overhaul style instead of just building another classic classic game) seems overly large, I'm assuming Mega's helmet will be replaced by weapon icons if he switches? But it seems slightly unnecessary and large (likewise for boss emblems), liking the surroundings of the health in white ala some of the non 8-bit games cuz I did something similar for my fangame experiments
- Related to the total overhaul thing I would suggest changing Mega's lemon sprites, I guess they're iconic but now they're a bit out of place too? Maybe
- The Mets look kind of... wide
- Since most of the background of the stage is blue, it can be hard to tell what parts are underwater and what isn't. Maybe it's me being a bit stupid but often the terrain and especially the background would darken or change colour in classic stages, good examples being Bubble changing from white to green and Centaur darkening a lot
- The... Soap Joes (placeholders I know) could use a more Mega Man Classic design, I was told by Korby once that a lot of classic series enemies and midbosses will always have cartoony eyes or at least silly visors or singular eyes, so having a super robotic enemy looks a little funky in my opinion
- Mega Man's mugshot in dialogue looks a little stiff, I think it's mostly his neck and the fact that he's squeezed into the frame

Most of these are incredibly minor since most of the game looks super good so um keep doing what you're doing you talented people

May 12, 2015, 07:35:55 PM
Reply #8

Offline DoomManFTW

• Standard Member

• I forgot I existed.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2015, 04:46:08 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:35:55 PM »
Also I am glad that i kinda helped,this and megaman SFR are some fan games that i am really excited about,also not gonna make a topic of SFR now,and im still sorry for those two videos,after all they are not that interesting anyway so i might aswell delete them maybe

May 24, 2015, 01:02:45 AM
Reply #9

Offline Threxx

• Standard Member

• View Profile

May 24, 2015, 11:49:46 AM
Reply #10

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 11:49:46 AM »
Those compositions are awesome but those guys certainly look fresh off the Genesis with the amount of colours they're using!

Buster Rod G is definitely the closest to a NES sprite and I only have a few issues, the shine on his forehead looks a bit out of place on his otherwise solid coloured and unshaded sprite, which also prevents the outlines on his golden decal thing around his eyes from touching
Speaking of outlines they don't touch on his head or on his tail, which is more like something out of the 16-bit era (or other NES games that don't outline like Mega) and stick out a bit to me, maybe it's your style but it stood out so I pointed it out

Mega Water S is so colourful and so tall
If I were you guys I would cut him down to only green/yellow for his main palette and then skin/white/black for the general shared palette, the light blue is so close to the colour of the green that it only really stands out in a bad way eg too many colours rather than an actual interesting way in different colouration. The red obviously adds more colour to specific parts, but it's probably an acceptable loss to colour those parts in white or yellow perhaps, for a more believable sprite. Again this extra colouring might just be your style, especially since it's basically an overhaul of NES limitations anyway, but when it stands out as being really really absurdly colourful it looks sort of out of place. Yeah, I know about Plant Man, but all his extra colours were assigned to specific places (body, face, flower head) and didn't merge all across his body to make him super non 8-bit. Just my view on things.
He's really tall. I already said that but he could stand to lose some height in his waist and possibly chest or feet. He's proportioned unlike most things in Mega Man, and again your own style is kind of thin too but not THAT lanky. He really sticks out compared to BRG.
His left (our right) hand is quite big and could lose a pixel in height to give more of the impression of the pose you were trying to convey, since at the moment it looks like the back of his hand is huge and his fingers too short.
His right buster hand (our left) probably sticks out a bit much compared to his body (also its missing touching outlines again), because at the moment it looks like he's more facing the screen than he is facing right, again it stands out a lot compared to BRG.

Hyper Storm H is HUGE and colourful
Okay so I know he's like, the biggest in the series and he has two health bars and stuff but honestly unless he has an open room the size is going to be an issue with the native 256x224 screen size. I would suggest redrawing the entire thing at a smaller scale, maybe 1.75x to 1.5x Buster Rod height, just to make his fight more manageable. HSH's skin in MM8BDM core is a good example of what general size he should be, and places him in proportion with things such as Mega Man himself and the other huge robots such as Frost Man's MM10 sprite. Again if it's your style then power to you, but whatever.
So many colours! The red could probably be removed completely and instead you can shade yellow with the skin tone if you want, the type of shading seen on the top of his body and the amount of colours looks like nothing from the NES imo. His head is also missing those outlines again.
His right (our left) hand looks hard to interpret because of the black finger outlines, like one part reaches across his fist but the other part doesn't? How many fingers does he have anyway?
His head towards the left of the sprite looks a bit flat, like it just suddenly ends and I didn't expect it to, the end of the head is really close to his eye and his jaw doesn't really extend much past it like I thought it would, his eyebrows are also pure white which is a bit funky

You guys didn't even ask for feedback but I gave it anyway, not sure if the spriters even look here or if it's just the composers but I'd appreciate this feedback getting read because I like the fangame a WHOLE TONNE and want it to look even better and more believable I guess hahah, okay I'm done peace y'all
(GREAT COMPOSITIONS but I'm only an aspiring sprite artist so I can't criticise)
(props to using Genesis Unit instead of Mega Man Killers like every other fangame)

[17:33:53] Onigiri: psst
the yellow on hsh is the skin tone
[17:34:02] Onigiri: he has skin, black, blue, red, white
[17:34:56] Max: i would correct it but they won't read it anyway

May 24, 2015, 02:16:47 PM
Reply #11

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 02:16:47 PM »
For the most part I think the musical arrangements are fine, but I can't help but feel that the backing part of Buster Rod G's theme is just always kinda stuck chasing after the melody. It sounds fine instrument-wise, but placewise on the module it seems off. Consider moving a couple of notes in the backing so that they play earlier and as a result sound better when used with the melody.

I was kinda disappointed that Wily Tower 3 was used in BRG's theme, but none of the others! In hindsight I understand why - neither of the other two showed up in the actual Wily Tower at all, and BRG only showed up on the third stage - but when the first cover was released I imagined you guys were gonna incorporate sections from other tower stage songs (Tower 2 and Tower 4, I'd imagine, since Tower 1 is kinda weird) intro the other two. Probably just a personal gripe though so if you don't feel any need to change it then go right on ahead.

I think you said somewhere that each playable character would be fighting one exclusively? Is it too early to give away that distribution, or could we have an explanation in advance?

May 24, 2015, 03:21:34 PM
Reply #12

Offline Threxx

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 03:21:34 PM »
Quote from: "LlamaHombre"
For the most part I think the musical arrangements are fine, but I can't help but feel that the backing part of Buster Rod G's theme is just always kinda stuck chasing after the melody. It sounds fine instrument-wise, but placewise on the module it seems off. Consider moving a couple of notes in the backing so that they play earlier and as a result sound better when used with the melody.

The timing is accurate to the original song. The background chords in the original song are somewhat syncopated. I don't feel the need to change this.

I was kinda disappointed that Wily Tower 3 was used in BRG's theme, but none of the others! In hindsight I understand why - neither of the other two showed up in the actual Wily Tower at all, and BRG only showed up on the third stage - but when the first cover was released I imagined you guys were gonna incorporate sections from other tower stage songs (Tower 2 and Tower 4, I'd imagine, since Tower 1 is kinda weird) intro the other two. Probably just a personal gripe though so if you don't feel any need to change it then go right on ahead.

Yeah, that is exactly why it was used in BRG's theme. To make up for that in the other themes, we decided to mix them slightly (especially HSH's theme), but I won't go as far as incorporating one of the other Wily tower themes. (BRG/Wily 3 happened to work well as the songs were already in relative keys, so I didn't have to transpose the melody)

I think you said somewhere that each playable character would be fighting one exclusively? Is it too early to give away that distribution, or could we have an explanation in advance?

Mega Man fights Buster Rod G.
Proto Man fights Mega Water S.
Bass fights Hyper Storm H.

Quote from: "Max"
*very long post which will inflate my post size*

I'll come out and admit that the sprites were somewhat rushed in order to upload the songs (not a conspiracy ;)) but they are being polished. We ourselves have noticed the issues with MWS and the spriters are working to correct them. To add a note, the "shine" on BRG's head is actually a part of his design here.

As for color limits... we aren't strictly adhering to color limits if we think that having an extra color would be beneficial to the sprite. It is likely that MWS will lose a color but HSH probably won't due to his size. And on that note, our HSH sprite is actually smaller than the Wily Wars sprite (by 4 pixels). The battle is just a matter of good game design. It will be doable.

Also, it should always be assumed that feedback is welcome, even if it is not explicitly stated.

May 24, 2015, 05:27:07 PM
Reply #13

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »
Quote from: "Threxx"
To add a note, the "shine" on BRG's head is actually a part of his design here.

Very interesting point that I should have realised. In regards to your sprite the design is a little oversized, if it was shrunk you could replace the top row with black which would make it look more like the actual design with the black stripes across it and less like head shine.
like so:

that's just me though

HSH probably won't due to his size. And on that note, our HSH sprite is actually smaller than the Wily Wars sprite (by 4 pixels). The battle is just a matter of good game design. It will be doable.

Bear in mind the Genesis screen proportions (resolution?) are a little bit wider (as far as I could work out... Mega's certainly bigger though I might just look like an idiot trying to work out the size difference in tiles and width) than NES. In addition HSH would have difficulty being planned for if you could only pass him by running under and he could only attack from the edges of the room, because he's like... 4x Mega height/width. I wouldn't be surprised if his size was a major factor in why his Wily Wars fight was so boring, and your height would definitely work if you were recreating the same fight, but I was imagining something different would be done.

Looked into it (like a nerd), Genesis is 320x224 while NES is 256x224, so yeah I was right woop

Also, it should always be assumed that feedback is welcome, even if it is not explicitly stated.

you guys are the best

May 26, 2015, 07:43:16 PM
Reply #14

Offline Threxx

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »
http://deadteamifi.tumblr.com/post/1199 ... assistance

We're looking for more programmers. Check the post for info.