Advanced Search

Author Topic: [OUTDATED THREAD] Class based modification (v9fh)  (Read 1476691 times)

December 20, 2011, 02:32:23 PM
Reply #3675

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
*shoots an arrow at the next posters knee*
« Reply #3675 on: December 20, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »
Yay it's finally here! I happy now!

December 20, 2011, 03:25:17 PM
Reply #3676

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
Re: Class based modification (6B)
« Reply #3676 on: December 20, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
YAY ITS LIKE EARLY CHRISTMAS :D

December 20, 2011, 05:40:43 PM
Reply #3677

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: Class based modification (Not much, 6b almost finished)
« Reply #3677 on: December 20, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
Quote from: "Yellow Devil"
[*]Added a second weapon for Shadowman.
[*]Magnetman pull alt now pushes.
[*]Classes just don't pick up ammo anymore.
[*]Gravityman can flip onto the ceiling with his item.

Why do these changes sound familiar...

...Oh yeah, that's right!

December 20, 2011, 05:50:49 PM
Reply #3678

Offline Chimera Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 05:19:33 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: December 20, 2011, 05:50:49 PM »
Just a warning: you won't get away with that.

December 20, 2011, 06:29:21 PM
Reply #3679

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #3679 on: December 20, 2011, 06:29:21 PM »

December 20, 2011, 07:23:11 PM
Reply #3680

Offline Clayton

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: November 11, 2011, 11:57:03 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: December 20, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »
Man, these classes are better than 6b, the only things that I have to bring into light, is wood man

I am disappointed that woodman is the same as he was inside v6a, i was hoping for a change. maybe making his leaf shots more rapid fire or something

I am happy you change elec man and quick man's speed. But for quick man, i would have preferred if he did not have the quick boomerang that megaman uses, i find that a little cheap.

Eventually, by the time the megaman 8-10 robot masters are done, I hope that everyone gets taunts. I just think that if everyone were to get taunts it would make things a lot more interesting.

Ice man is now cheap, the blizzard alt fire does way too much damage. I think that if you are to do that, than you should give it less range, and do less damage. That way i think he would be less cheap.

Good job, with junk man. I was wondering how you were going to manage that, but great job.

I was hoping for that dive charge on dive man, it would have made him complete

I am very disapointed in drill man, either he does more damage or his shots are make them more controlled. I find it very difficult to hit people with his drill bomb, and his drill dig should do a bit more damage. So far, I have never defeated one person with the drill dig, ever.

Give shadowman his slide, and change his color, he doesn't look right. And since you got the wall jump going give shadowman his wall jump, he would be way better.

Wily, is awesome. I am sooo happy that you changed him, now he isn't so bad. The only thing is that i am sad you took away his alien, i liked that enhancement. But i am surprised that you gave him the wily capsule, very good.

I think that the only solution for fixing spring man is giving his spring punch less range, like a boomerang. That way it would go a certain range like in the game, and making it easier to use. But that is only a suggestion.

I don't know if that is possible, but i hope you can make burst man encase people in bubbles, that would be way better.

shade man should drain peoples health on contact, i don't know if that is possible. And give him his medusa, turning people into stone move, then he would be perfect.

i cannot believe napalm man does not have a taunt, it shouldn't be that hard to give him a taunt.

Ring man is soo weird, i think i may need more practice, but i will bring it to your attention if there are still problems.

other than those comments i think that these classes are great. they have improved from v6a classes. So great work and best wishes for future projects

December 20, 2011, 07:40:41 PM
Reply #3681

Offline lol

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 28, 2011, 11:55:45 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/christheawesome2423
« Reply #3681 on: December 20, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
6b was an improvement for some, and not for others. Now, I would be going into detail but I feel like my opinions are not strong enough to be backed up. All in all, I like it, but...

I miss the old Wily already.

December 20, 2011, 07:50:58 PM
Reply #3682

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: December 20, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »
Ice man is now cheap, the blizzard alt fire does way too much damage. I think that if you are to do that, than you should give it less range, and do less damage. That way i think he would be less cheap.

Yea I went from spamming his alt to... spamming his alt, so I think that it does need a nerf somewhere, point blank is the biggest threat thanks to the wonderful stun lock so less range probably wouldn't help.

December 20, 2011, 08:33:24 PM
Reply #3683

Knux

« Reply #3683 on: December 20, 2011, 08:33:24 PM »
Testing this version offline, I found out that Ice, Metal, Top and Turbo Man can all pick up a TangoSummon if they go over it. Speaking of Metalman, the chainsaw alt distance should be shorter since you can climb a wall from like 64 units away from one.

As for Cutman, I'm relieved that the wall jump is not limited to just one, but the new cutter feels a lot like a carbon copy of Knight Crush. Not much difference between the two. At least the altfire is useful now. He's alright overall.  :|

December 20, 2011, 09:06:21 PM
Reply #3684

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #3684 on: December 20, 2011, 09:06:21 PM »
Quote from: "Chimera Man"
Just going to say that if having changes like that aren't allowed, then having an Airman class when you guys already do is also illegal.

December 20, 2011, 09:20:05 PM
Reply #3685

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
Adding to that, considering that your entire mod was based upon this original to begin with, you're really in no position to talk.

December 20, 2011, 09:30:05 PM
Reply #3686

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #3686 on: December 20, 2011, 09:30:05 PM »
Quote from: "MegaLAD1514"
I am disappointed that woodman is the same as he was inside v6a, i was hoping for a change. maybe making his leaf shots more rapid fire or something

Quote from: "Yellow Devil"
(click to show/hide)
This needs to be updated, although last time I actually discussed with the testers, there were no proposed Wood Class changes...

Eventually, by the time the megaman 8-10 robot masters are done, I hope that everyone gets taunts. I just think that if everyone were to get taunts it would make things a lot more interesting.
It's not necessary to add taunts for everyone. It's mostly very situational, and depending on the RM and quote. But then again, YD will probably go all like "if you find them and everyone thinks it's super cool, I'll add them"

You can't hurt armored enemies using Ice Man's altfire, which is what counters it. Those classes who don't, well, they're fucked. Sorta.

I was hoping for that dive charge on dive man, it would have made him complete
Again, check that image on the first response. Dive Man needs no changes.

I am very disapointed in drill man, either he does more damage or his shots are make them more controlled. I find it very difficult to hit people with his drill bomb, and his drill dig should do a bit more damage. So far, I have never defeated one person with the drill dig, ever.
As far as I'm concerned, Drill Man's altfire is more of a escape ability rather than an actual attack. Yes, you can kill people with it, but it's very hard to pull off, and we're not really going all the way to make it more kill-friendly when it's mobile purpose is much more rewarding than it's offensive purpose. See it as a sort of rocketjump.

Give shadowman his slide, and change his color, he doesn't look right. And since you got the wall jump going give shadowman his wall jump, he would be way better.
Well, he does have a wall jump in the arcade games. And a giant frog summon. And a kunai. And clones. And a slide.

Wily, is awesome. I am sooo happy that you changed him, now he isn't so bad. The only thing is that i am sad you took away his alien, i liked that enhancement. But i am surprised that you gave him the wily capsule, very good.
In a sense, Capsule form is the Alien's spiritual succesor. You just have to wait more to use it again, which was kinda what made Old Wily cheap, aside from the old Wily Gun damage values. Also I just realized this was my first time trying out the latest Wily holy shit.

I don't know if that is possible, but i hope you can make burst man encase people in bubbles, that would be way better.  
That would be OP

shade man should drain peoples health on contact, i don't know if that is possible. And give him his medusa, turning people into stone move, then he would be perfect.  
That would require an overhaul of the class (the SPARK crusade). And his flying attack already sucks people's health, so there's no need to make it more user-friendly.

Ring man is soo weird, i think i may need more practice, but i will bring it to your attention if there are still problems.
Altfire and mainfire are the same, they're just individual rings. Press once to release, press again to call the ring back.

December 20, 2011, 09:31:07 PM
Reply #3687

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #3687 on: December 20, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »
I'm still curious as to why Air Man still hasn't gotten any tweaks for quite a long time. In LMS, I can easily spam his alt to keep myself alive for a while. Let's also consider that Air Man has a shotgun for a main and is pretty fast, meaning that I can easily run circles around people and kill them before they have much clue as to where I'm going. Is Air Man going to get nerfed, or is Air Man staying the same?

December 20, 2011, 10:08:53 PM
Reply #3688

Offline Chimera Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 02, 2010, 05:19:33 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: December 20, 2011, 10:08:53 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
Quote from: "Chimera Man"
Just going to say that if having changes like that aren't allowed, then having an Airman class when you guys already do is also illegal.
One thing is to take a different direction, innovating and reworking classes, another one is scavenging and flat out copying codes that are already released. But oh well, I know nothing, right?

December 20, 2011, 10:09:48 PM
Reply #3689

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #3689 on: December 20, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
Jax coded those changes himself, maybe he had your mod in his mind but we didn't copy a single line
probably

Here's your update Mushahsuahsuahushasu

(click to show/hide)