Advanced Search

Author Topic: [HOTFIX] - King Yamato's Classes Overhaul  (Read 195918 times)

October 22, 2011, 03:55:07 AM
Reply #30

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
Re: King Yamato's Classes Overhaul (Full NES Release)
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 03:55:07 AM »
You know since Brightman has the good Flash Stopper... Maybe Flash Man should have I don't know the good Time Stopper once at 25% and it don't even have to last as long.

October 22, 2011, 03:58:58 AM
Reply #31

Offline Shmeckie

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2011, 07:22:04 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cloudscratcher.com
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 03:58:58 AM »
The more I play this mod, the more I start to like it a little better than YD's. Like SBP pointed out, it's very clean and well put together. Plus I'm a sucker for game accuracy.

Quote from: "Shade Guy"
The whole thing about Bright Man only having 3 Flash Stoppers per life is basically so in a DM situation, you can't lose 25 health, grab a big health, lose 25 more health and so on to get infinite Flash Stoppers.

Well it's not like anyone plays DM with Classes anyway.

HAY-OOOOOOOOOH!

Seriously, people, why the obssesion with LMS?

October 22, 2011, 04:03:47 AM
Reply #32

Offline Shade Guy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 04:03:47 AM »
To me, real Time Stopper has two uses: to run and for the lulz. If you make it last for less time, you effectively remove the first use...Perhaps there's some balanced way to add it, but it would either have to be full use or not in at all.

October 22, 2011, 04:39:54 AM
Reply #33

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 04:39:54 AM »
I find TLMS to be my favorite mode in the game, so I don't mind people only playing in that.

October 22, 2011, 05:35:31 AM
Reply #34

Offline Sora

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2011, 06:23:08 PM

• View Profile
Inb4 my account explodes from flam comments
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 05:35:31 AM »
WARNING: OPINIONS INCOMING
READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL j

I honestly don't find a superior difference in either KY or YD classes.  No, I'm not saying "GUISE KY CLASSEZ IS NEW AND ISN'T AS GOOD!!!!11", or, "GUISE YD CLASSEZ HAZ SLOPPY PROGRAMATION!!!1111111"; I just don't see any major difference between the two that can have it safely be said that one is better than the other.  The point of all this bickering between the two "factions" of classes is completely ridiculous, saying one trying to best the other, when in reality there are only minor differences in the gameplay between the two.

I don't really have a problem with the coding of YD's mod; although KY is programmed better on finer points (such as item and weapon pick-ups), they both function about the same in the heat of battle.  I don't stop and think "Wow, I only picked that up once!" when Diveman is barreling towards me.  YD's coding has no major flaws, and to say KY's is better because Bass gets a purple dog instead of a green cat (?)seems a little absurd to me.

In the aspects of the classes themselves, I don't really see that major of a difference between the two.  Some classes are virtually untouched in both versions (Fireman, Airman, Megaman), and, while some are much better in KY's Classes (Quint, Gravityman, Starman), I tend to think some classes are better handled in YD's Classes (Needleman, Iceman, Shadowman).

Probably the best solution for this Classes madness is to have KY's and YD's Classes merge the best between the two, and work together to produce superior classes, instead of having people argue on both sides constantly, saying "NO, X'S CLASSES ARE BETTER, BECAUSE OF REASONS A, B, C, etc."  Instead of constant arguing between the two, much more work could get done if everyone put away their petty reasons and worked together to make the well-sought for "perfect classes mod".

tl;dr: I don't see either of the two classes being superior to the other in any major, game-changing way, and although a merge between the two would solve everyone's problems, it will probably never happen lololololololol

October 22, 2011, 05:39:11 AM
Reply #35

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 05:39:11 AM »
Actually Sora, Star Man in KY's classes is based on my original Star Man in YD's. Back when he had no alt fire and only the slow moving death shield toss.

October 22, 2011, 06:07:08 AM
Reply #36

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 06:07:08 AM »
(already knows how it's all done)

while playing around with megaman I noticed charge kick has no ammo bar, other than that there seems to be nothing else wrong

October 22, 2011, 07:17:39 AM
Reply #37

Offline Shmeckie

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 07:17:39 AM »
The more I play this mod, the more I love it. Primarily because its more game-accurate style appeals to me more. Also, this version's Metal Man is the bee's knees!

October 22, 2011, 08:49:10 AM
Reply #38

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
Re: Inb4 my account explodes from flam comments
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »
Quote from: "Sora"
Probably the best solution for this Classes madness is to have KY's and YD's Classes merge the best between the two, and work together to produce superior classes, instead of having people argue on both sides constantly, saying "NO, X'S CLASSES ARE BETTER, BECAUSE OF REASONS A, B, C, etc."  Instead of constant arguing between the two, much more work could get done if everyone put away their petty reasons and worked together to make the well-sought for "perfect classes mod".

October 22, 2011, 09:07:31 AM
Reply #39

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 09:07:31 AM »
Quote from: "Yellow Devil"

Which, if you ask me, is not as bad as the probable alternative, which is a major split in the community of what version of classes is better, tons of arguing etc etc. I can see where Yamato is coming from, but really. Both of you are grown men, is it really that hard to work together for the greater good?

October 22, 2011, 09:23:32 AM
Reply #40

Offline Shade Guy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
Perhaps they can pull a Beatles and say it's due to "creative differences".

In other news, Classes is reported to be bigger than Jesus.

October 22, 2011, 10:03:43 AM
Reply #41

Offline Shmeckie

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »
...There's a conflict going on?! If so, I'm not seeing it.

At this point, I'm starting to come to the mindset that KY Classes > YD Classes, but YD's Classes are still great, and it's pointless to bicker over which is better, anyway.

Also, Shade Guy? Marvelous response.

October 22, 2011, 01:50:19 PM
Reply #42

Offline Jc494

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: February 23, 2011, 06:57:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
Quote from: "Myroc"
Quote from: "Yellow Devil"

Which, if you ask me, is not as bad as the probable alternative, which is a major split in the community of what version of classes is better, tons of arguing etc etc. I can see where Yamato is coming from, but really. Both of you are grown men, is it really that hard to work together for the greater good?

Impossible with Yellow Devil's way of "nerfing" classes. Merging the two versions of classes would make this conflict worse, not solve it.

October 22, 2011, 02:08:54 PM
Reply #43

Offline Sora

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2011, 06:23:08 PM

• View Profile
q
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 02:08:54 PM »
Quote from: "Jack Corvus"
Impossible with Yellow Devil's way of "nerfing" classes. Merging the two versions of classes would make this conflict worse, not solve it.

I honestly don't see how YD's method of nerfing classes is any worse than KY's method.  YD simply hears how many people are complaining about X class, and gives him Y nerfs. So really, if you pepole would stop complaining so much about "OP" classes, classes wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion.  R.I.P. Top Man. So really I see YD's method of nerfing much more responsive and generally better than someone who only listens to the testers and hardly checks what other people are saying on these here forums.

Also:
Quote from: "Myroc"

Myroc, you're my hero.

October 22, 2011, 03:26:21 PM
Reply #44

Offline Jc494

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: February 23, 2011, 06:57:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: q
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »

I honestly don't see how YD's method of nerfing classes is any worse than KY's method.  YD simply hears how many people are complaining about X class, and gives him Y nerfs. So really, if you pepole would stop complaining so much about "OP" classes, classes wouldn't be nerfed into oblivion.  R.I.P. Top Man. So really I see YD's method of nerfing much more responsive and generally better than someone who only listens to the testers and hardly checks what other people are saying on these here forums.

Thats his second way of nerfing classes. His main way is to play online games, and if he gets killed by the same class over and over again, he nerfs it. Nuff said.