Advanced Search

Author Topic: Protectors of Robot Kingdom (Chapter 0)  (Read 20139 times)

October 17, 2015, 12:22:57 AM
Reply #60

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
Re: Protectors of Robot Kingdom (Chapter 0)
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2015, 12:22:57 AM »
Dust stood by the door leading out of the meeting room, waving the Masters over with one arm. "Come on, then. I'll show you around."

The group followed behind Sheila, moving down various hallways and corridors. Periodically, they would stop next to a door, looking into the room through a window while Sheila described each one's intended purpose.

"This is the training room. Every now and then, we get some guys all rounded up, and they square off inside o' here. Keeps 'em fresh during downtime. It's kinda like Arena Masters... with less trash talk, backstabbing, or stains from vital fluids. Right now we're all busy with this Steiner business, but I'm sure you can make room for a practice match later on... if ya really feel like it."

"Over here's grid synthesis. Ya know those smaller Force Frags that pop outta drones sometimes? Turns out, you can make good stuff outta 'em. New weapons, stronger gear... plug-ins for special moves... all good stuff. I'd say it's worth checkin' out, after you get... mmm, about 6 Force Frags or so. The type of Frags ya put in'll influence the type of equipment you get back out, so don't just throw any old trash together and expect you'll love it."
(click to show/hide)
"And right next door, there's grid enhancement. Let's say ya don't want anything new. You're comfortable with your weapons. You like the style o' gear ya got. Wouldn't you wanna make it better? The labcoats in there'll do the job, if you got 3 Force Frags to spare... and at least two of the same type of Frag. ... ... Oh, I almost forgot to mention. Both synthesis and enhancement use mainly the Fragments for energy, but they need somethin' to hold everything together, anchor the whole process. So you'll need some Force Crystals, too."

"This door leads to the armory. Sometimes we got spare stuff lyin' around that you can just sorta take with you... but there's also a shop in here so you can buy stuff you might not be able to craft or find. I don't think they'll trust ya with any of the big guns quite yet, so the selection's... a little basic at the moment. I'm sure it'll get better after you get missions under your belt."
(click to show/hide)
As Sheila led the Masters back out to the lobby, where the blonde woman from earlier waved at the group. "Hey! Where'd you disappear to?"

"Oh, I was just..." Sheila trailed off mid-sentence. "Leading them around... the facilities..." She smacked her forehead with her gloved palm.

The woman smiled. "It's alright, you saved me the trouble... though I wish you would've said something first. I've been waiting for everything to get done for a little while now." She turned to a small terminal, typing behind the counter. "Anyway, my name's Talys Speere. I'm one of two attendants responsible for unit deployment. ... That means putting you all to work." Talys looked over at the Masters. "I'm sure you're all ready for a mission now, hm?"
(click to show/hide)

October 20, 2015, 03:26:35 AM
Reply #61

Offline Isaac940

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 07:13:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:35 AM »
With the tour concluded, Ace turned to the woman who had been leading them around.
"Pardon me Ms. Dust, but do you know if my sponsor, RGB Industries, has been contacted about all this? From that brief look into the armory, it seems to have quite the selection of firearms and such but as you know I use non-standard methods of fighting. The decks I entered Arena Masters with were the ones Roger and his team had finished, but there were some others that were being prototyped that we didn't use due to various issues. I don't know how much the Castle would want them involved but hopefully they can work something out so that I can get something more than my basic and augment decks running if I'm going to be here for a while."

October 21, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
Reply #62

Offline Thunderono

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• The Treaded Treasury
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

• View Profile
    • KHAN
nobody posted to buy anything so w/e
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2015, 11:17:25 PM »
A brief look at the weaponry available in the armory told Ashley that she would not be spending anything today.  After all, why bother with toy guns and blasters when you have the sheer power of piercing projectiles?  With that in mind, she turned to Talys while the others poked around the lobby.  
"Sure we are!  I'm itching to rumble.  As for the actual mission," she turned back to the others, "well... hey, what do you... guys... think..."  She trailed off as she discovered her teammates had found themselves distracted with the goings-on in the lobby.  "...Right.  Anyway, what's the deal with this Master in option 2?  I think we could pin 'em down."

>Mission: Arrest

October 22, 2015, 01:45:00 AM
Reply #63

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2015, 01:45:00 AM »
"I concur. Secret doodads and silly rumors are one thing, but there's a criminal on the loose, and I shall see to it that they're brought to justice." With his cybernetic optics, Seamus eyed the job description with resolve. It would sure feel good to bust a skull or two.