Advanced Search

Author Topic: Need help hosting a server  (Read 1399 times)

May 18, 2020, 01:44:27 AM
Read 1399 times

Offline zeemaster33

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 18, 2020, 01:35:57 AM

• View Profile
Need help hosting a server
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:44:27 AM »
I searched around the forums and couldn't really find anything that solved my issue, so I figured I'd ask.

I hate Doomseeker, I really do. Though, that's likely owing to the incredible amount of frustration this program has given me. I've managed to successfully host MM8BDM servers before, but each time has not been with its due amount of mental pain. It doesn't help that every time I've hosted a server has been in a different location using s different router, but the same PC. My Doomseeker settings are properly configured, so I'm sure that's not the cause of the issue. I've accessed my router/modem settings and portforwarded everything from 10666 to 10700 under both TCP and UDP. The server won't even so much as show on the listing, and adding my IP under Doomseeker's custom servers only gives that beloved <NO RESPONSE> that I've grown to love so much. Any help would be appreciated. This port forward nonsense is always a problem and I'm at wits end. If I have to sift through another tutorial that simply outlines basic information (like how to access your router or find the port forwarding options) I'm going to throw my PC into a canal.