Advanced Search

Author Topic: AMP map pack. FINISHED, SO SEXY!!  (Read 114339 times)

November 11, 2011, 04:03:59 PM
Reply #315

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
Re: AMP map pack. FINISHED, SO SEXY!!
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2011, 04:03:59 PM »
I just remembered somethin'. Make sure all the linedefs that needs to block monsters does so. Nothin's more joy killin' in Bot Apoc when bots all fall to their deaths.

November 12, 2011, 11:21:39 AM
Reply #316

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
Quote from: "Lobsters"
then I don't know how you would feel about Flaming Nightlife...

Caution Spoilers
(click to show/hide)
How is flashing lights homosexual?

Also, AMP03, the "Not a penis lol" was because of comments I received while working on the map while broadcasting on a livestream.

November 13, 2011, 02:32:31 PM
Reply #317

Offline Jakeinator

• Justice League Member

• Me draw ooga booga
  • Date Registered: September 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 13, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
They are flashing rainbow colors.

November 13, 2011, 07:29:20 PM
Reply #318

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 13, 2011, 07:29:20 PM »
Quote from: "TERRORsphere"
Quote from: "Lobsters"
then I don't know how you would feel about Flaming Nightlife...

Caution Spoilers
(click to show/hide)
How is flashing lights homosexual?

Also, AMP03, the "Not a penis lol" was because of comments I received while working on the map while broadcasting on a livestream.

I didn't know about this until now. It was funny, I  suppose.

November 14, 2011, 04:42:46 AM
Reply #319

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 14, 2011, 04:42:46 AM »
Quote from: "Eon_and_Rush"
They are flashing rainbow colors.
Oh yeah, lol.

November 15, 2011, 04:15:14 AM
Reply #320

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2011, 04:15:14 AM »
New d_rave, y/n

November 15, 2011, 04:41:08 AM
Reply #321

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2011, 04:41:08 AM »
YES YES 9000 TIMES YES

November 15, 2011, 06:04:24 PM
Reply #322

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
+1 Yes

November 16, 2011, 12:30:58 AM
Reply #323

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 16, 2011, 12:30:58 AM »
I'll analyze all the maps that have faulty linedefs sometime later. Also for that new d_rave, I like it too. +1 like for me.

November 16, 2011, 04:36:11 AM
Reply #324

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:11 AM »
You can't rave to that ;_;

November 16, 2011, 05:03:30 AM
Reply #325

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2011, 01:36:07 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.formspring.me/IceNinth
this is kinda late BUT SO IS THE NEW VERSION
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2011, 05:03:30 AM »
I haven't mentioned some of this stuff to you since you don't have a chat for it anything. (Also, you're like never on.) Since you're worried about this sucking or something, I can guess I can share some thoughts.

AMP04: Now that DTD has added his cheap visual gimmicks, it's time for you turn this epileptic baby into a map!

...Sardonicism aside, this map loses its novelty with flame rail gone. (Don't re-add it, you must remain submissive to Classes Mods!) What I mentioned the first time is effectively the same: Make the inside area interesting. You don't even have to make it asymmetrical, it's just that the map is kind of boring. Why don't you throw in some magical flashing 3D floors in characteristic DTD fashion?

amp05: You've got your nifty animations going, great! One of my old rules of thumb is "Don't put a speed boosting weapon and Top Spin in the same map." If you, you get a map like Turbo Man. (if you weren't aware, Turbo Man sucks. Don't make maps like turbo Man.) If you replace Charge Kick, you might get room for an additional weapon or two because I feel this map is missing SOMETHING. I dunno... Flame Blast? Weapons that go down stairs easily? (Snakes, Screws, waves, etc.?)

amp06: I like this map a lot.
> Ballade, Proto, in plain sight
> Pharaoh and Metal blades in harder to reach areas

Yeah, this is kind of backwards. "Ballade crackas aren't OP!!11" etc. aside, Ballade and Proto are way stronger than pharaoh and Metal. There's two Proto Spawns, which seems kind of like a mistake. Idea: Move Bass Buster spawn to where the "lower" Proto Buster spawn is; only keep the second Proto spawn. Move Ballade up to the REALLY high Pharaoh spawn (that's on fire man textures and not dive), and only keep the second Pharaoh spawn. I don't REALLY like the Treble and E-tank spots in this map... they seem a little tacked on (hell, I didn't notice the e-tank until just now! Then again, it's better than where it was in the beta lol.) But mainly I'd say you can nix the item-1. Rush Coil does the job just fine, and has more uses that DON'T involve trapping people and murdering them with crash bombs or treble. Hell, Item-1 + Treble is just evil.

amp07: Well, the weapon layout is a joke. Lots of things that don't belong here, but it's easier for you just to start from scratch rather than me telling you "don't add this". More importantly, there's a cave section between Hard Knuckle and Flash Stopper that has no items, and servers no function at all. (except pretty animated torches) Raise it up a bit, but if you can't find something interesting to put in this area just delete it entirely. It won't be missed.

amp08: New music because you promised me and Hackjack. >.>

For weapon placement, probably the best thing you can do here is remove flying falcon punch!! Hard Knuckle. There's two gimmicks in the layout I don't really like: the "pillars" surrounding the oil area; and the "cake" that the Super Arm is on top of. Both of these aren't really integrated that well into the rest of the map... There's something you can do about these areas.

amp09: You've been asking yourself "Why is this map so ugly" for a while, and part of the answer is "Cloud Man textures". The other is "you mixed sun and rain textures". I don't consider texture reworking a huge issue. Ask your conscience about it. (By that I mean zhade guy.)

amp10: This is the worst map of the bunch. Not a fact, just a precise judgment. The problem with this map (as well as Myroc's version and Oil Man PU) is that everything is just uncomfortably small. Like you have just enough room to walk across the path in a straight line; when you're walking around it feels like you're always prone to falling off. You could be lazy and just add fences, but I'd really like to see most of the areas in this map expanded so it's not so "tip toe". Most of this map you have barely enough width to fit one hitbox on, let alone two. It's wretchedly cramped. The amount of gyro fans and "island platforms" that are uncomfortably small or unleveled just adds to the amount of suicides present on this stage.

amp11: The deathpit in this stage looks like a portal. More importantly, it's a bit out of place given as there are no others, and it's fenced off.... why? The ceilings in some areas of this map are also kind of obnoxious. The ladder going up to atomic fire is frustrating; putting it next to the wall like that makes it hard to get a good grip on it. Plus it looks more natural being in the center. The teleporter next to the e-tank makes MUCH more sense being one-way (instead of two way). Because if it isn't you can just item-1 to get in from the plant barrier side.

amp12: Why isn't the sakugarne symmetrical? And why isn't Rushjet? Do that, and now BOTH players get the LOL BONUS of using Sakujet! All other weapons (save air shooter) are mostly irrelevant. You have no reason not to use sakujet.
amp13: Skipped because unlucky
AMP14: The blue fence here really bothers me. Like, a lot. It makes the upper area really campable. The lava pits are also insanely weird (and I don't know why you fenced them, since it's impossible to use the fence to get up) as it's... weird getting down from above while dodging the lava pits.

AMP15: I find this map being in the pack to be an insult to mappers I actually like. I dunno, it's pretty basic and lacking in weapon diversity. I don't really feel like talking about this because I'd rather see it axed.

AMP16: Nope. No one ever plays on this map. Can't say much about it. >.>

November 16, 2011, 05:28:51 AM
Reply #326

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2011, 05:28:51 AM »
About AMP16, I haven't played it much, but looking at the map, I can already see where the main faults are.

The map is absolutely tedious. Teleporters and staircases everywhere. You have to jump jump jump far too much and often. All the small little inclines also make Water Wave next to useless on it.

November 16, 2011, 08:08:21 AM
Reply #327

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »
Quote from: "TERRORsphere"
You can't rave to that ;_;
But I did find myself laughing hysterically from the song. The only reason I considered the music was because of a canned food drive at my high school, where they play the song IN ITS ENTIRITY after each class. They say it will inspire kids to drop cans and make the music stop. I say it's a brilliant trolling attempt by my school.

November 16, 2011, 08:32:10 AM
Reply #328

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2011, 08:32:10 AM »
not only that, think of puke 50

November 16, 2011, 03:58:47 PM
Reply #329

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 16, 2011, 03:58:47 PM »
Here's the list of maps with faulty linedefs for block monsters. I won't list any map that doesn't have a problem.

AMP02 Outside area with Air Shooter.
AMP07 Lava area an-Every pit, lava, spike area, etc.
AMP10 The gyro fan area that's not next to the E Tank.
AMP11 That small pit.
AMP13 Pretty much all of the outside area.

Not that much to fix, but it's worth a fix!  ;)