Advanced Search

Author Topic: Stardust's Workshop  (Read 188580 times)

December 27, 2013, 09:29:43 PM
Reply #45

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
Re: Stardust's Workshop (Saxton Hale ++ V1A released !)
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »
I thought of a suggestion for Falcon: make it so he does a kick when he holds forward, and a normal punch when he's not. This would prevent situations where players can easily camp on small ledges and therefore cause you to die if you were to kill them.

December 28, 2013, 09:25:55 AM
Reply #46

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
damn, your saxtonhale mode is awesome.

The genesis unit is splendid, i had a tear when i used "rage" with Buster Rod G...the music and attacks... ;_____;

The ideas are cool, good luck to make it better and better =D

Original musics are cool too....8bits style can be good because it's not a big size but it's less fun...

December 28, 2013, 12:00:54 PM
Reply #47

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2013, 12:00:54 PM »
Before all, thanks Gummy for such an accurate and deep bug-excavation :] I found some of the stuff you mentionned, but not all of this :o

> I didn't know you could affect the gravity of a map with the code, that's why.
> As for Morshu, okay, I have some plan to make his voice clips better :P through expect some "youtube poop" sentences
> I don't see what's so hard to distinguish Hyper Bomb from his own bombs =-= Hyper Bomb bounce forward slowly, while Morshu's just fall on you like a meteor and explode
> I saw how some shields-type weapons could break the game, especially Leaf Shield D: I removed Junk shield, leaf shield and plant barrier (as I started to make more bosses that don't OHKO, it became more useful).
> Moodkipz basically is just a special Mudkip :I (who can sometimes mooooo.) I'll never ever make anymore user hales because 1 is already enough, but you could still see him as a regular mudkip :/
> Concerning the stalling, eeer... not sure how do you want me to fix it ? A stalling like this one could happen in any saxton hale version. All what I can do is using timelimit to prevent the match from lasting too long
> Same, I didn't know MM8BDM has sprites for runes, but I'd like to know where are they, because using "summon ragerune" for instance spawn a rune with the doom graphics
> The health is because the new scale limit (the new health limit) is reached by the hales at 26 players instead of 20 like in the old versions, but I'll lower it

Quote from: "Goomba98"
Y U NO LISTEN TO ME?
Quote from: "Goomba98"
Remilia's is the boss theme for that level [CSCM's Scarlet Devil Mansion, music code SEPTETTE].
For Slendy's kill sound, why not have only the victim hear it?

remilia's theme would be 2mainstream4u
The reason why Slender's kill sound is played to everyone, was that the sound length was too long for the victim to hear it. To make sure he'd fully hear it, I did it that way, but I'll change the sound mechanic in the future :I

December 28, 2013, 07:04:34 PM
Reply #48

Offline Goomba98

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 20, 2013, 01:26:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 07:04:34 PM »
Quote from: "Stardust"
remilia's theme would be 2mainstream4u
But you said earlier on this very same thread that you wanted an 8-bit theme for Remilia :I

December 28, 2013, 07:27:32 PM
Reply #49

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »
Otaku brought me the idea of giving Remilia her actual theme, but I had trouble finding one on Youtube. Her theme may be famous, through there was only like 1 oz 2 8-bit covers :/ And I started to wonder if they were really better than the actual theme (the modern violin syphony thing that is similar to her Touhou theme :P)

December 28, 2013, 07:34:25 PM
Reply #50

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2013, 07:34:25 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that your mod is using one of the sound effects I made for Class Based Modification. It may be using more, but only one of them has been identified and reported to me.

Since I don't even want to bother downloading this, I'll just say "ah sure i dont care just dont relate me to this i had no involvement in this"

December 28, 2013, 08:19:49 PM
Reply #51

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2013, 08:19:49 PM »
I closed the server because Stardust will open an new server with the update (v1b)

MusashiAA, Stardust put the "Classe" thing in the credits....

December 28, 2013, 09:03:41 PM
Reply #52

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2013, 09:03:41 PM »
Indeed I've been using some sounds from the Classes mod because it's not easy finding original sounds in the 8-bits format. I credited the Classes mod in a general way because I didn't know who made the sounds, but since you're asking for it, I mentionned your name :3

Otherwise, I'll just take a small break after the creation of these 5 hales, but before let me just release V1B. In a nutshell, it fixes some glitches (like the Time Stopper HUD that stays on screen, or Dio's HUD that is visible on the world, etc...), rebalance some things (Weaker synthesis of Treecko, lower health for Moodkipz, or Mega Water S's shields...), and also some improvements (the stalling shields such as Junk Shield or Leaf Shield were taken away, Morshu gets more voice clips, I accepted some of Gummy's suggestions, Slenderman's earraping sounds now only happens one time on 3, and the volume was lowered. Talking about Slender, his health AND countdown was reduced)
Finally, the host can force a hale to appear ! To do that, like in Rebalanced, you need to use on the console
set sax_boss U
U being one of these numbers : 12 for Remilia, 13 for the UNRM, 14 for Dio Flash, 15 for Pissed Off Roll, 16 for Moodkipz, 19 for the Genesis Unit.

December 28, 2013, 09:53:02 PM
Reply #53

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »
> Same, I didn't know MM8BDM has sprites for runes, but I'd like to know where are they, because using "summon ragerune" for instance spawn a rune with the doom graphics

I can't find the thread anymore, but Copy Robot made some for the Best Maps Ever Pack and Lego had some HUD ones made for the 8-10 pack but they were quite large IIRC.

December 29, 2013, 02:15:15 PM
Reply #54

Offline Goomba98

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop (Saxton Hale ++ V1B released !)
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2013, 02:15:15 PM »
Fortegigasgospel made some as well.

December 29, 2013, 02:34:39 PM
Reply #55

Offline Goomba98

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »
Otaku brought me the idea of giving Remilia her actual theme, but I had trouble finding one on Youtube. Her theme may be famous, through there was only like 1 oz 2 8-bit covers :/ And I started to wonder if they were really better than the actual theme (the modern violin syphony thing that is similar to her Touhou theme :P)
I have no idea how you could classify Beethoven Virus as "the actual theme".

December 29, 2013, 03:09:38 PM
Reply #56

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop (Saxton Hale ++ V1B released !)
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
Septette for the dead princess is similar to Beethoven Virus, especially a certain sentence (the first theme after the opening). While not a 8-bit theme, it keeps the "final" feel Zun did in her theme, as well as reflecting her vampire elegance because classical-type music, with a modern touch for coolness.
Finally, the reason I decided to not use her theme was that it's too mainstream.
It's like ; of course, you could take a famous series, let's say Mario Brothers, you make a Mario hale, and give him his overworld theme from the NES. You'd end up having a hale everyone will recognize and their grandmoms, but meh, that would sound so much simple, so much basic. It would need some originality. When I design my hales, I tend to give a feel of "the one you had not expected". I heard some people wished to see a Mewtwo or Latios/Latias hales, but it sounded quite cliché to me. Instead, I made Mudkip, one of the 3 starters of the 3rd generation.

Concerning the runes sprites, I'll ask Lego if I can use the ones he did. They sound nice. Yea.

EDIT : I just finished v1C. Fortunately, I didn't had to update the music wad, so no need to download it again. I'm trying my best to fix glitches, improve and rebalance the new hales at each version :)
(click to show/hide)

EDIT 2 : After trying V1C online, I still find some stuff unbalanced. So here goes v1D. I hope there are enough letters in the alphabet for my version' names.
(click to show/hide)

December 31, 2013, 03:44:20 AM
Reply #57

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop :
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2013, 03:44:20 AM »
Another version is out. Basically the new versions are just rebalancements, all the glitches seem to be fixed. So here's v1E. Hopefully, each version only weights 1MB or so.
(click to show/hide)

.. and that's it, the casual stuff.

Through, there's something important I want to talk about and want you, the players, to help me with.
I've been defending the non-classes in Saxton Hale since the beginning of my mods, and I had great hales that I took care of making. Since some times (actually, some hours after the first release of SH++), some bad people immediatly rushed to do a class comptability with my mod. This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder if I should really continue working on my hales, as my weeks of work on these hales are just stolen. And to be honest, I don't want to stop coding as it seems many players enjoyed the new hales.

I'm asking here to you, the players, to not join the servers using SH++ with classes. My own official server is hosted under the name "Saxton Hale ++", but any server that only hosts my mod without classes is fine, like TMK4's SH++ server which is hosted on occasion. By not joining the servers that use Saxton Hale++ with YD classes or KY classes, you encourage me, support me, and you give me a reason to continue working on more hales and new stuff.

So that's it, thanks for reading :)

December 31, 2013, 09:56:52 AM
Reply #58

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
Re: Stardust's Workshop
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
* All of franken man's minions have insane amounts of HP. They do drop health but damn it's just far too much.
* Shield weapons can still be given out via eddie so...
* Why is torchic beat? I know it doesn't make sense for torchic to fly but give it a platform or something.

December 31, 2013, 12:26:40 PM
Reply #59

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2013, 12:26:40 PM »
> Frankenstone's a summoner, and in counterpart to his summoning ability, he has a weak melee with a long cooldown :/ the summons have a lot of health, but they're not strong, actually the mettaur only shots 3 projectiles of about 12 damage each, and the most powerful thing is Sniper Armor's crushing, which OHKO if someone stays below him for about 1 second. The drop isn't supposed to be fair and reward the player of all the health taken / ammo used to kill the monster
> Trolling is more okay if it comes from Eddie, as it's more random. It's like I'm not going to remove Time Stopper from him because it's kinda funny :P Leaf Shield might be removed definitely, through, as it's the ultimate trolling weapon (especially against Morshooo or so)
> Fun fact, if Linnie wouldn't have tell me Torchic can't fly, he'd be flying through the area right now. Birds are a bit similar to chicks, and Beat is rather small, so that's the best graphics I found so far. If someone makes a Torchic skin, I'd ask him/her an authorization for using it

also I forgot to remove Sakugarne in v1E aaaaaaaaaa noooooo