Advanced Search

Author Topic: Justified Classes v4b Beta 14  (Read 371446 times)

January 25, 2014, 03:09:16 PM
Read 371446 times

Offline !o! woohoo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 24, 2011, 07:39:59 PM

• View Profile
    • https://soundcloud.com/woohoo-chant
Justified Classes v4b Beta 14
« on: January 25, 2014, 03:09:16 PM »
Justified Classes v4b Beta 14

Welcome to the Justified Classes topic, where we bring justice to the Megaman robot masters. We will take any suggestions, glitch fix requests and balance opinions any of you have, just keep in mind that we strive to keep our mod balanced and fun.

Justified Classes' Official Wiki Page

Credits:
(click to show/hide)

Changelog:
(click to show/hide)

NOTE: This mod isn't totally canon. We sometimes may twist the canon to make it more fun gameplay wise.

January 25, 2014, 04:25:34 PM
Reply #1

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
Finally
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
I haven't played the hotfix yet, so I assume things like infinite wood man is fixed. Otherwise...

* All of the new huds / item icons are just bad. Some even go as far as blocking views (there's a reason spark man's hud was moved / shrunken.)
* Proto Buster and Bass Buster can pick up weapon energy.
* The weapon system seems a bit awkward but I haven't actually played online yet so.
* The lack of Bass' spread is kind of awkward too.
* Bass can still move while jumping.
* Bomb Man's big bombs seem quite spammable since you regen them right after one goes off.
* It would be nice if there was a shockwave sprite or something to indicate how far the range of Guts / Stone / Hard's ground stomps are.
* Why the hell is oil slider oil man's alt? I do actually appreciate that the oil itself is a straight projectile but it's just confusing that you can't ride the oil.
* Time Man gets fast arrows...and slightly slower arrows. Really the speed difference between the two are indistinguishable.
* Enker is still garbage. Saturn does a much much much better job of Enker's role so he's pretty much useless. His fully charged mirror shots aren't even a 4hko.
* Bubble Man's buster trail looks bad and glitchy. Also the fire animation doesn't play for one of the attacks. The bubbles could afford to be a bit bouncier.
* Quick Man's dash is a bit weird. You can't change direction during it or cancel it.
* "I like how I can shoot infinite hard knuckles and not wait for them to return like a smart man."
* Top Man's main fire is a bit dumb. You don't go straight, which makes hitting anyone not right next to you a bit of a problem. Also his alt seems a bit weird too but I haven't tried it online yet.
* No medium charge level for Spark Man is kind of meh. Also as mentioned above, the HUD blocks my view pretty badly.
* Magnet's alt seemed to do a ton of damage.
* Snake Man's jump height should be increased a bit. He can't get on top of the buildings on MM2DW1 while a lot of the other classes can.
* Why can't Gemini Man's clone be the alt? I don't remember there being an altfire.
* Punk's alt is just insanely bad. You have to bounce 3 times before dashing. You can't change direction, and the distance is pitiful. Again, I haven't played online yet but it seems impossible to catch people with this.
* Pharaoh Man's HUD also blocks my screen a bit. Also I don't get why the uncharged shots have to be the alt instead of being a charge level. It allows you to spam it more but that's about it.
* Ring Man... oh boy. You took the concept of YD's Ring Man and ruined it tenfold. Also the Ring Boomerangs don't auto return when they hit a sky.
* Skull Man's alt is useless. You become invincible...but have to stop completely. Please do tell me where this would remotely be useful? Someone can just keep firing shots at you.
* Why does bright man get a jump dash again?
* Why do Gyro Man's gyros stop randomly?
* Crystal Man has no animation when firing the main fire.
* Why is Star Man slowed down to about 0 speed when using Star Crash? I mean it could be worked in especially with the armor but right now it's far too slow.
* Ok really, why is there a theme of projectiles stopping randomly?
* Why do I shoot cherries as Mars? Also he has no proper photon missile. Also, his mines don't regenerate.
* Jupiter's flight alt seems a bit broken from past experience with these kinds of attacks but I'm not sure.
* Uranus' item doesn't seem safe at all...
* What is going on with Pluto's item? Also his skin looks like he's flopping on the ground when moving...
* Blizzard's alt seems too sensitive to walls / floors.
* Why does Plant get a jump dash too?
* Tomahawk's alt is piss. There's no spread at all. Also the hud blocks my view too.
* The cooldown for Slash's item seems quite insane.
* Shade Man's alt has waaaaaaaaay too much of a cooldown for simple spark shock damage.

January 25, 2014, 04:46:03 PM
Reply #2

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: Justified Classes v1ah
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
EDIT: It's ok, let's see how you see the mode. :)

January 25, 2014, 04:54:06 PM
Reply #3

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
Why you dont try to make your own classe mode Gummywormz?.... Instead say weird things to make this mode for you only.

What the heck is wrong with you? I've never seen a place where this reaction to critique is accepted.

January 25, 2014, 05:01:47 PM
Reply #4

Offline !o! woohoo

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: Finally
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
My replies are in green.
Quote from: "Gummywormz"
I haven't played the hotfix yet, so I assume things like infinite wood man is fixed. Otherwise...

* All of the new huds / item icons are just bad. Some even go as far as blocking views (there's a reason spark man's hud was moved / shrunken.)
If more people complain we shall fix this problem and to be honest, I don't have a problem with it. Same for other people.
* Proto Buster and Bass Buster can pick up weapon energy.
This will be fixed but isn't priority
* The weapon system seems a bit awkward but I haven't actually played online yet so.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Awkward".
I'm not sure if this is a problem that needs to be fixed.
* Bass can still move while jumping.
It is canon and makes bass better.
* Bomb Man's big bombs seem quite spammable since you regen them right after one goes off.
It isn't that spammable.
* It would be nice if there was a shockwave sprite or something to indicate how far the range of Guts / Stone / Hard's ground stomps are.
This isn't canon and may not look good.
* Why the hell is oil slider oil man's alt? I do actually appreciate that the oil itself is a straight projectile but it's just confusing that you can't ride the oil.
This is canon and doesn't affect gameplay too much.
* Time Man gets fast arrows...and slightly slower arrows. Really the speed difference between the two are indistinguishable.
I don't know, I can easily tell the difference but we might make more of a difference.
* Enker is still garbage. Saturn does a much much much better job of Enker's role so he's pretty much useless. His fully charged mirror shots aren't even a 4hko.
We are making Enker like Saturn in the next version.
* Bubble Man's buster trail looks bad and glitchy. Also the fire animation doesn't play for one of the attacks. The bubbles could afford to be a bit bouncier.
The bubble buster trail doesn't look glitchy. If it was, people would have said so on the servers. No, the bubbles don't need to bounce higher. Making them less bouncier, makes them more useful.
* Quick Man's dash is a bit weird. You can't change direction during it or cancel it.
If Quickman can't control it in the game, he shouldn't be able to control it in this mod.
* "I like how I can shoot infinite hard knuckles and not wait for them to return like a smart man."
This may or may not be fixed, although, I don't see this being much of a problem.
* Top Man's main fire is a bit dumb. You don't go straight, which makes hitting anyone not right next to you a bit of a problem. Also his alt seems a bit weird too but I haven't tried it online yet.
Topman's main fire may or may not be fixed and please play online.
* No medium charge level for Spark Man is kind of meh. Also as mentioned above, the HUD blocks my view pretty badly.
I don't see a problem with the HUD. If there are more suggestions, this will be changed.
* Magnet's alt seemed to do a ton of damage.
Makes him usable in death match.
* Snake Man's jump height should be increased a bit. He can't get on top of the buildings on MM2DW1 while a lot of the other classes can.
We are still not finished with Snakeman, He may get an alt fire.
* Why can't Gemini Man's clone be the alt? I don't remember there being an altfire.
This may be changed in the next version.
* Punk's alt is just insanely bad. You have to bounce 3 times before dashing. You can't change direction, and the distance is pitiful. Again, I haven't played online yet but it seems impossible to catch people with this.
Did you try holding the button? Also, I hit people easily.
* Pharaoh Man's HUD also blocks my screen a bit. Also I don't get why the uncharged shots have to be the alt instead of being a charge level. It allows you to spam it more but that's about it.
Again, if more people complain about HUDS then it may be changed.
* Ring Man... oh boy. You took the concept of YD's Ring Man and ruined it tenfold. Also the Ring Boomerangs don't auto return when they hit a sky.
I don't see anything wrong with Ringman and they do return when they hit the sky.
* Skull Man's alt is useless. You become invincible...but have to stop completely. Please do tell me where this would remotely be useful? Someone can just keep firing shots at you.
This attack bounces off projectiles and also deals damage if up close. This is very useful and I use it a lot.
It was a main attack in the game.
Not randomly, it stops when you let go.
It isn't supposed to have an animation.
* Why is Star Man slowed down to about 0 speed when using Star Crash? I mean it could be worked in especially with the armor but right now it's far too slow.
This is used to discourage hugging, for our star man is a shooting class. He also runs half speed not 0 speed.
* Ok really, why is there a theme of projectiles stopping randomly?
What do you mean by this?
* Why do I shoot cherries as Mars? Also he has no proper photon missile. Also, his mines don't regenerate.
He doesn't shoot cherries, He has a proper photon missile and his mines do regenerate.
* Jupiter's flight alt seems a bit broken from past experience with these kinds of attacks but I'm not sure.
This may be fixed if more people don't like it.
* Uranus' item doesn't seem safe at all...
It isn't supposed to be safe.
* What is going on with Pluto's item? Also his skin looks like he's flopping on the ground when moving...
Pluto's item is a wall cling and I don't know what you mean by "flopping".
* Blizzard's alt seems too sensitive to walls / floors.
I don't see anything wrong with this.
It isn't a jump dash, it is a wall bounce.
* Tomahawk's alt is piss. There's no spread at all. Also the hud blocks my view too.
It does have a spread and is canon. The HUD may be fixed if more people request it.
* The cooldown for Slash's item seems quite insane.
It is needed, trust me.
* Shade Man's alt has waaaaaaaaay too much of a cooldown for simple spark shock damage.
It isn't spark shock damage, it has its own damage type that lasts longer.

January 25, 2014, 05:12:30 PM
Reply #5

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 05:12:30 PM »
Quote from: "!o! woohoo"
If more people complain we shall fix this problem and to be honest, I don't have a problem with it. Same for other people.
Am I "more people" yet

January 25, 2014, 05:17:52 PM
Reply #6

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »
gordon ramsay
^ Just concerning this : you can use it to protect from one strong attack, like Slash Claw or Hard Knuckle, and then cancel the shield before running away. Only using the shield for a half-second and cancelling it can help. You're not actually supposed to stand still when using it (except if a powerful attacks lasting, like Bomb's giant bomb is about to explode on you).
^ BTW no, they took the concept from Capcom's Ring Man
Most of his suggestions make me remember of YD's classes gameplay. Also, to most questions he's asking, the reason is that it's canon, what YD didn't do. And that's what this mod aims to (even through, some problems he talked about are also present in YD -- like Bubble's firing animation.)
YD had less trouble balancing because they were more free on the attacks ; consequently they could make classes with attacks that may complete each other (i.e tengu man). But when getting into original gameplay, balancing is a harder task to do because you're limited.
He's right on the glitches/bugs he found though.
* All of the new huds / item icons are just bad.
oh is that so ;-;

January 25, 2014, 05:23:14 PM
Reply #7

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 05:23:14 PM »
This isn't canon...

...so why does Stoneman have a charge attack?

January 25, 2014, 05:27:00 PM
Reply #8

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Top Man's alt isn't canon either. And neither is Turbo Man's charged scorch wheel.

January 25, 2014, 05:29:12 PM
Reply #9

Offline !o! woohoo

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
This isn't canon...

...so why does Stoneman have a charge attack?

It makes him an "actual" class.

January 25, 2014, 05:30:58 PM
Reply #10

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 05:30:58 PM »
So in other words, you just use the word "This isn't canon..." whenever it suits your purpose?

January 25, 2014, 05:36:04 PM
Reply #11

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 05:36:04 PM »
k gonna repost this instead of editing

EDIT because I didn't read the post above mine:[referring to stardust]

Quote from: "Stardust"
Most of his suggestions make me remember of YD's classes gameplay.
 Also, to most questions he's asking, the reason is that it's canon, what YD didn't do.
Incorrect. The YD classes consider everything a Robot Master could reasonably do within all the canons of Megaman, usually the arcade games.
And that's what this mod aims to (even through, some problems he talked about are also present in YD -- like Bubble's firing animation.)
Stoneman with a charge shot.
YD had less trouble balancing because they were more free on the attacks ;
I'm...not sure how that applies.
consequently they could make classes with attacks that may complete each other (i.e tengu man).
Every MM8 class is completely within reason for how they appeared in MM8, except for Astroman and a little bit of Frostman. Tengu especially, who quite literally did the tengu dunk in MM8.
But when getting into original gameplay, balancing is a harder task to do because you're limited.
WHAT
OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT? Just because you're trying to be more "canon" doesn't mean you can't BALANCE YOUR MOD. That is honestly one of the worst excuses I have EVER heard.

EDIT WITHIN AN EDIT BECAUSE HOLY CRAP
If Quickman can't control it in the game, he shouldn't be able to control it in this mod.
EJSYADFHJKGF
WHAT
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT BECAUSE QUICKMAN COULDN'T GO SIDEWAYS IN A 2D GAME THAT HE CAN'T IN A 3D GAME?!
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT 90% OF CLASSES WON'T BE ABLE TO AIM THEIR SHOTS NEXT VERSION?

OH WAIT MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST REMOVE EVERYONE BUT MEGA, BASS, DUO, AND PROTO BECAUSE YOU COULD NEVER CANONICALLY PLAY AS THE ROBOT MASTERS[/capslock]

January 25, 2014, 05:44:35 PM
Reply #12

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
k gonna repost this instead of editing

EDIT because I didn't read the post above mine:[referring to stardust]

Quote from: "Stardust"
Most of his suggestions make me remember of YD's classes gameplay.
 Also, to most questions he's asking, the reason is that it's canon, what YD didn't do.
Incorrect. The YD classes consider everything a Robot Master could reasonably do within all the canons of Megaman, usually the arcade games.
And that's what this mod aims to (even through, some problems he talked about are also present in YD -- like Bubble's firing animation.)
Stoneman with a charge shot.
YD had less trouble balancing because they were more free on the attacks ;
I'm...not sure how that applies.
consequently they could make classes with attacks that may complete each other (i.e tengu man).
Every MM8 class is completely within reason for how they appeared in MM8, except for Astroman and a little bit of Frostman. Tengu especially, who quite literally did the tengu dunk in MM8.
But when getting into original gameplay, balancing is a harder task to do because you're limited.
WHAT
OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT? Just because you're trying to be more "canon" doesn't mean you can't BALANCE YOUR MOD. That is honestly one of the worst excuses I have EVER heard.

In my humble opinion our mod is more balanced than YD at the moment. There's a few things that we saw at the servers that will be fixed. But nothing as big as the balance problems in YD such as ringman, chargeman and pharaohman

EDIT WITHIN AN EDIT BECAUSE HOLY CRAP
EJSYADFHJKGF
WHAT
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT BECAUSE QUICKMAN COULDN'T GO SIDEWAYS IN A 2D GAME THAT HE CAN'T IN A 3D GAME?!
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT 90% OF CLASSES WON'T BE ABLE TO AIM THEIR SHOTS NEXT VERSION?

OH WAIT MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST REMOVE EVERYONE BUT MEGA, BASS, DUO, AND PROTO BECAUSE YOU COULD NEVER CANONICALLY PLAY AS THE ROBOT MASTERS[/capslock]
As for this; we meant the boost in the game acted like he lost control and consequently made him run into walls it was our reasoning for making it as such. I think it's a good trade off for extra speed.

Also this mod has the same goal in mind as KY; to make classes canon while not distorting gameplay If some of the choices we made as of now distorts gameplay too much we are willing to make adjustments where necessary.

January 25, 2014, 05:45:39 PM
Reply #13

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 05:45:39 PM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
So in other words, you just use the word "This isn't canon..." whenever it suits your purpose?
I don't remember us just saying such we always gave another reason alongside.

January 25, 2014, 05:47:28 PM
Reply #14

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 05:47:28 PM »
wow
ummm
I wonder why was this mod made then
WHAT
well yeah
mathematically talking, it's true. If you look in the deep code of the Mega Buster, CutmanMike wanted to give a projectile in the world limit. Indeed, the MBuster has an ammo of 3 (referring to the 3 shots available). Taking the idea of maximal projectiles in the world, take hyper bomb. Only one bomb could be thrown at the same time in the world, and this weapon is extremely slow, so it would barely be useful, and you'll have trouble balancing it. On the other hand, Metal Blade for instance, is way more easy to access and use, so it's easy balancing it (speed, damage : it's a flying projectiles, it just requires aim). This is an example, so don't consider the whole cannonness being about projectiles limit.

Off topic, but I feel like every attempt from people who haven't spent 5 years in this forum are badly received.