Advanced Search

Author Topic: Shinryu's Sprite-Resource Thread  (Read 11536 times)

September 04, 2014, 04:27:11 AM
Read 11536 times

Offline Shinryu

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 02, 2014, 03:46:28 AM

• View Profile
Shinryu's Sprite-Resource Thread
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:27:11 AM »
Hello there, everyone. Though I've recently joined the form, I've been trying my hand at spriting for a while now (although admittedly with varying degrees of success). As such, I wanted to contribute a few of my edits and rips to potentially help out with some projects. I've been reading through the tutorials on the forums here for a while, so hopefully I've followed the general guidelines well enough with my templates. Although I'm still reading up on how to implement skins into the game, I don't mind it if anyone else wants to do so with my templates. Any and all criticism or advice is highly welcomed as well. This is especially since I'm rather new to the templates in general (and as such, I've started off with some pretty basic stuff that uses Mega Man as a basis for the sprites).

Templates:

DVN.002 - Spider Man [Rockman Infinite]
(click to show/hide)

DVN.003 - Sugoi Man (Jin Fu-Ha from the "Art of Fighting" series) [Rockman Infinite]
(click to show/hide)

Sprite-Rips:

Photon Man [Mega Man: Rock Force]
(click to show/hide)

Whirlpool Man [Mega Man Unlimited]
(click to show/hide)

Whirlpool Man Stage Enemies [Mega Man Unlimited]
(click to show/hide)

Tilesets:

Whirlpool Man's Stage [Mega Man Unlimited]
(click to show/hide)

To-Do List:
- Fix Sugoi-Man's arms when he fires while facing right/left. The current sprites are placeholders.
- Potentially work on custom 8BDM-styled sprites for Photon Man. If someone else wants to try their hand at it though, anyone is more than welcome to do so (assuming a skin for him wasn't already made yet).

WIPs:
- The rest of Rockman Infinite's RMs. Currently working on Zagi Man (Robo-version of Jagi from Fist of the North Star) and Z Man (Zetton from Ultraman).
- Sprite rips for Mega Man Revolution's bosses.

September 04, 2014, 05:39:49 AM
Reply #1

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: Shinryu's Sprite-Resource Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:39:49 AM »
Since you used something a a base I'm not going to comment on them being Megaman edits. Though I will say, flip Spidy's hand up-side-down in his firing frames and move his thumb inwards, so it looks more like his web slinging motion.

Also don't rip Nail Man's Tileset if that is Unlimited, Nemz already did all those except for Flood Man.
Edit: Ok, they are not there, but he did do them, seems he took them down for some reason.

September 04, 2014, 08:22:29 AM
Reply #2

Offline Shinryu

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Since you used something a a base I'm not going to comment on them being Megaman edits. Though I will say, flip Spidy's hand up-side-down in his firing frames and move his thumb inwards, so it looks more like his web slinging motion.

Also don't rip Nail Man's Tileset if that is Unlimited, Nemz already did all those except for Flood Man.
Edit: Ok, they are not there, but he did do them, seems he took them down for some reason.

Noted and changed (to the best of my abilities for now). Thanks for the suggestion and the notice that Nail Man's tileset had already been ripped. While we're on the subject however, I actually had a back-up plan just in case that was done. So in the very least, I do have one more thing to contribute for now aside from a minor edit.

Whirlpool Man's sprites have now been added to the "Sprite-Rips" section (hopefully I'm not too late for that one as well, though).

September 04, 2014, 10:41:54 AM
Reply #3

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
As in, the same Shinryuu notorious for playing bad Mega Man fangames?  Ah, yes, I know you well.

On the note of ripping enemy Robot Masters from Rock Force, though, you may want to hold off on that.  If you check the forum real quick, you'll see a quick discussion between he and I, in which he agrees to hand over the spritesheets for the RMs after the latest update (Where a couple of aesthetic upgrades occur).  ...Though it would be handy if you went to go pick up those things in my stead, since his website just despises my IP address.

Nice work so far, though.

September 04, 2014, 10:55:11 AM
Reply #4

Offline coolcat7022

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 27, 2013, 01:01:34 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:55:11 AM »
Oh.. RM Unlimited... The mugen game, right?

September 04, 2014, 02:57:26 PM
Reply #5

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
Quote from: "Shinryu"

Noted and changed (to the best of my abilities for now). Thanks for the suggestion and the notice that Nail Man's tileset had already been ripped. While we're on the subject however, I actually had a back-up plan just in case that was done. So in the very least, I do have one more thing to contribute for now aside from a minor edit.

Whirlpool Man's sprites have now been added to the "Sprite-Rips" section (hopefully I'm not too late for that one as well, though).
Whirlpool was the only one we didn't have anything on due to most of us losing interest in Unlimited by the time he came out. Think you missed the one where his shoulders are facing diagonally upward.

Good work so far. Should be able to get stuff done with it now.

September 04, 2014, 06:53:32 PM
Reply #6

Offline Shinryu

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 06:53:32 PM »
Whirlpool was the only one we didn't have anything on due to most of us losing interest in Unlimited by the time he came out. Think you missed the one where his shoulders are facing diagonally upward.

Good work so far. Should be able to get stuff done with it now.

I actually went back and double-checked this. It seems Whirlpool Man only has two frames of animation for spinning his shoulder-turbines (though the animation for it is so fast in-game that it makes it look like a full rotation). If necessary though, I could try to make those sprites for him. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
As in, the same Shinryuu notorious for playing bad Mega Man fangames?  Ah, yes, I know you well.

On the note of ripping enemy Robot Masters from Rock Force, though, you may want to hold off on that.  If you check the forum real quick, you'll see a quick discussion between he and I, in which he agrees to hand over the spritesheets for the RMs after the latest update (Where a couple of aesthetic upgrades occur).  ...Though it would be handy if you went to go pick up those things in my stead, since his website just despises my IP address.

Nice work so far, though.

Ah, I see now. I'd be more than willing to do so if necessary. I knew Goldwater was doing another update to Rock Force, but I had no idea he was going to release the sprite-sheets. That should be interesting when the new update comes about.

On that note, I've removed the Rock Force RM's from the WIP list for now, and instead, I'll probably focus on Whirlpool Man's tilesets. I figured I may as well complete it now that I've ripped the robot master himself.

September 05, 2014, 11:15:55 PM
Reply #7

Offline Shinryu

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 11:15:55 PM »
My apologies for the double-post, but I just wanted make the announcement that the enemies from Whirlpool Man's stage have been added to the Sprite-Rips section. Sorry for the rather vacant space in part of the sheet itself (I mostly blame that Jellyfish mini-boss), but everything should be there. His stage's Tileset should be up soon (and on that note, his stage graphics have been complete hell to rip properly. I swear, it feels like there's something new with the background - as minuscule some of the details are - on every single screen, and I'm paranoid that I'll be missing stuff along the way).

September 06, 2014, 10:39:08 PM
Reply #8

Offline Shinryu

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 10:39:08 PM »
Triple-post ahoy, but for good reason. Whirlpool Man's tileset is finally completed and submitted. It took way longer than expected (mostly due to the way Unlimited has its stage graphics set up), but I think I got everything with it. Or at least, I hope so - mostly in regards to those rock formations. I swear, after staring at them for so long and finding the tiniest variations to every new one I came across, they all started to resemble an optical illusion.

As for anything else, I'll be getting back to sprite rips and templates soon. I'll probably be working on some rips for the Robot Masters and Fortress Bosses in Mega Man Revolution (even though some of their designs are considered sub-par, I haven't seen any sprite rips of them so far). On a related note however, I've been having some trouble with Z-Man (Zetton) from Rockman Infinity.

(click to show/hide)