Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V16) (Final?)  (Read 25862 times)

January 15, 2014, 04:33:15 PM
Read 25862 times

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
[Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V16) (Final?)
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:33:15 PM »
Well i've put this together over some time to mess with friends but i'd figure i'd release it for more public use too. Its one big ACS-based wad that can bypass sv_cheats to manipulate players in various ways in-game. You could mess with players, monsters, or map itself in various ways, or use it to cheat despite sv_cheats being off, or even use it for some debugging and/or testing. It now also has a command to create and set translations, which so far was quite handy for making translations without having to switch between stuff all the time and try every change on the fly. :P

I guess here's a list of all its commands and functions (its fairly long):
(click to show/hide)
I'm guessing this would have its uses in co-op wads as well, or plain messing around in other wads. Being able to teleport to your co-op partner is probably reasonably handy.
DEFINITELY read the readme inside the file first before proceeding, its fairly technical in how it works, even while it now has many user-friendly commands, you'll still need to learn WHAT they do, and what the inputs are. :P
NOTE: Make sure you load this PK3 file last, so in the event of script overlapping, only this file's scripts will have a few overlaps, which means some functions wont work (properly). This is better then the alternative of having this file overlap other scripts instead which may break all sorts of things.

Edit: As of version 16, gameplay mutators have been added, which can be used to alter gameplay massively. Like giving everyone flight, changing gameplay-relevant flags (like disabling picking up things), adjustments to speed and health, and giving items/powers/weapons, or even forcing players to use a specific weapon. Or maybe make them invisible(-ish) or teleport away & heal at a set health or lower, which can be abused into a infinite loop until they get instagibbed.

Links:
Normal version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pw4ja ... yerm16.pk3
BE Mirror: http://www.best-ever.org/download?file=playerm16.pk3
Wadhost: http://wadhost.fathax.com/request.php?343
This should work on most things, if not everything. Still, stuff may happen, scripts may have overlapping numbers or whatever, which stops commands from properly functioning.

MM8BDM version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9i7di ... rm16mm.pk3
BE Mirror: http://www.best-ever.org/download?file=playerm16mm.pk3 (I did not upload this one myself, someone else did it before i could, so it may be an inaccurate version).
Wadhost: http://wadhost.fathax.com/request.php?344
Use this with MegaMan 8-Bit Deathmatch, obviously. NOTE: You dont need to enable pma_enabletids for an MM8BDM server. But you can leave it active if you want, it should have no effect.

IC Version: None for V16
BE Mirror: None for V16
Wadhost: None for V16
You probably dont need this. Its made to be compatible with the Internal Conflict doom mod. Its not an MM8BDM mod. It has a few IC-specific commands the other wads dont have, but they're useless outside of IC. Also, it adds a shitload of bots (and some bot support) anyway, so avoid using it with anything but IC.

Older version(s):
(click to show/hide)
Version 16 - With extra hax, autoaim, and general rcon-cheating:
(Possibily the final version. I dont know what else to add at this rate, besides bugfixes.)

-Added setautoaim command and its named variants. Works as you'd expect, can be set to aim at
targets aquired by tracktarget for double the hax! Also supports teams.
-Changed 'tracktarget' into two commands, the regular tracktarget and tracktargetpersist,
which is like the old function but its now like this in order to support autoaim commands.
(Oh that took alot of messing around to get working...)
-The command banishplayer now accepts 0 as an input to banish ALL players.
-Improved autoaim since first implementation in many ways.
-Added ability to spawn weapons via spawn[weapon]2 or spawn[weapon]at, and the
ability to spawn ALL weapons at once.
-Added changeweapon [target] [weapon] [type] command, for switching or forcing weapons on players.
-Ping commands, when used on players, now show a color appropiate to their team,
as well as showing dark-green for no-team players and brown for non-players.
-Added forceweapon commands. Should be handy for bots, i suppose, supports doom/ST weapons.
-Added fireprojectile, fireprojectile2, and fireprojectileme commands.
-Added gameplay mutators, changes player's properties, flags, etc upon (re)spawning.
(Like forcing everyone to use a specific weapon, or giving everyone drain/regeneration.)
-Added looping versions of banishplayer and banishme, keeps going until they die.

---

Well thats about it, i dont know where to put it elsewhere. This seems like the right spot. If it doesnt belong here i'd rather have the post moved then deleted though, quite a pain to organize this all together.
Edit: Uploaded the files to BestEver, i suppose that should do the trick...

January 16, 2014, 02:55:17 AM
Reply #1

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
Re: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V4)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 02:55:17 AM »
Dude...

This is awesome :D

January 16, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
Reply #2

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »
Well glad someone likes it, maybe there will be quite some good uses out of it.
I've tried to add monster-spawning functionality but maybe thats not a good idea, firstly they dont feel like spawning as friendlies for whatever reason and i cant be bothered to try and bypass the internal engine functions somehow to make them friendly. I've tried the +FRIENDLY flag but nope, they arent having it. Secondly, then it wont work with servers that dont load up the Skulltag/doom files at all, causing DECORATE errors, so i guess so far for that idea...

Hm, i'd imagine this would be greatly helpful for those hotel/massive co-op map servers where people just mess around. Maybe i can put in a NOCLIP function if DECORATE and ACS allows.
And a tip; if you're using this for MM8BDM, dont use the 2000-2031 numbers, disable pma_enabletids and use 1000-1031 instead, when referring to playernumbers (the readme inside the pk3 file has more information on that, including on knowing what number is used for what player).

January 17, 2014, 01:51:52 PM
Reply #3

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
I was using this on the bots, and I was having so much fun

January 17, 2014, 08:31:57 PM
Reply #4

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
Well i've finnally managed to add in the monster spawning function, but it'll only spawn hostile monsters. It even supports spawning MM8BDM-specific monsters, including bosses, but most of them obviously wont work correctly out of the SP boss map. Hm, too bad Gamma isnt usable anymore outside of the intended map, would have been interesting to see if he was tall enough to be seen on the buildings at the Mr. X stage.

Also added some commands to muck around with the Power[whatever] actors, which can nicely stack various rune effects if desires instead of having pesky runes overwrite eachother, and you can play geometry wars with the scanner + allmap combined. :P
Or go 100% invisible using Shadowarmor twice, that Always has its uses. Oh, and a command to give someone all the weapons in MM8BDM (rcon giveitem [whomever] 255), including boss weapons.

Edit: Updated it to V6. The disappear command will be an better alternative to shadowarmor, no doubt. And other nice little additions i suppose.

Edit2: Updated to V7. The new callscript command is pretty handy for giving max ammo to a player for all his weapons in MM8BDM by using MM8BDM's internal ammo-giving script only bots normally get acces to, which isnt too hard to trigger. Using "rcon callscript [player] 992 255", 255 being the amount of ammo given, you could give far less. 0 would give absolutely no ammo, but not take any either.

Edit3: Finnally uploaded on Wadhost! The IC version seems to be having a problem right now, but maybe that'll be fixed a while later. I wonder if i can give players certain flags with a combo of ACS giving useinventory items, without having to change the player's class, hm...

February 02, 2014, 11:13:46 AM
Reply #5

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
Re: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V7)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
Quote from: "CarThief"
teleportplayer [playernumber] [beaconnumber]
-Teleports a player to a beacon. Oh, and beacons are only removed if pma_removebeacons is true. You may want to disable it again after all the beacons remove themselves.

teleportplayer [playernumber] [beaconnumber]

teleportplayer

fuck yea teleports

February 06, 2014, 04:35:10 PM
Reply #6

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V7)
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
Ah yes, teleports are always handy. Next version will have the option to make beacons on death and teleport if your health reaches a set amount or lower (without dieing during that moment). Maybe you'll also find the other command interesting that lets you kind flash-step into a direction; like press button, and you're suddenly placed a fair distance forward, complete with different styles like using teleport flashes(maybe i can find/whip up a teleport-up effect for MM8BDM), phasing out and back into existance, or just instantly without extra effects or delays.

The command is completely ACS-controlled (requires no decorate support from target actors) and works nicely on monsters too. I suppose its not without its problems though, one might get stuck in objects, or it just refuses to work at some positions/distances, but its about 80% reliable.

I suppose the other commands like being able to set any of the noteworthy flags on or off on the fly on actors will be great for messing around too, and being able to set a monster to hate (attack) something, ability to set someone's team mid-game (because why not) and messing with scores in say, CTF (you can even add minus points). And a command to set an actor's special to a few noteworthy things for the hell of it; turn that super-powerful weapon into a trap that takes 50% of your health, maybe, or set an actor's USESPECIAL/BUMPSPECIAL to true and make him hurt/heal on bump/use, making it a field medic.

Hm, just to add an command or two, clean up the files again and the next version should be ready. Either way i've had quite some fun messing around with this so far.

Edit: There we go, main post updated, damn thats always a pain to do... Hope you're happy with the extra few teleport options and teleport-ish commands, by all means if anyone finds any bugs do report them, or broken downloads.

March 07, 2014, 04:01:40 PM
Reply #7

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V12)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
Well, here's the user-friendly update that took a fair while to put together. The main thing about the update is the NET (pukable without cheats active) scripts that can be used to quickly change some things about yourself, or teleport yourself to someone or someone to you, or maybe spawn friendly (to you) monsters, which is always fun.

The debug scripts and teleporting scripts where quite handy to me lately, like trying to play an old co-op wad with an friend and in the odd cases where i die on lava and dont respawn where i died, i just teleport myself back to my friend. :P
And some handy damage-testing scripts i guess, as well, which was handy for testing some GVH stuff. Aside from that the readme and keyconf.txt file should be a LOT more user-friendly, and with the 'showmytid' command even non-server hosts should be able to make use of the commands to some degree.

So there you go, even MORE teleports. :P

March 08, 2014, 01:56:18 AM
Reply #8

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 01:56:18 AM »
Version 12 - The user-friendly update:
-Added commands: allowcheats

there is allreadly a command for that its sv_cheats

March 08, 2014, 02:19:24 AM
Reply #9

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 02:19:24 AM »
Reading is a good skill leoalex, yes it is.

March 08, 2014, 04:12:22 AM
Reply #10

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 04:12:22 AM »
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

March 08, 2014, 01:28:53 PM
Reply #11

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
Well good to know some people can find some good uses for it.
And if you're still confused about that allowcheats command, well, all it does is allow you to use NET scripts when the sv_cheats is off (which are cheats of their own which bypass sv_cheats), basically its an seperate cheat toggle (for only the target player, not everyone). Of course if sv_cheats is on you need to use that command at all (as you dont need rcon during sv_cheats to puke any scripts).

And turns out the wad's quite handy for clearing rounds during stuff like LMS too, abusing commands by using 0 as the target, everyone gets affected by the command, and thus i teleported everyone on to someone's position with 'teleporttotarget 0 0' and the match ends due to mass telefragging with one sole survivor. Or killplayer 0 kills everyone, for an instant draw. :P

August 20, 2014, 08:12:35 PM
Reply #12

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:35 PM »
Just bumping this because the file has been updated, and not just a little either! Added alot of useful stuff for V13, the most useful thing so far was probably the translation tool, which was great for making translations for the portal colors, and such. Now, that there is a proper documentation on each command in a proper catagory (with some kind of search tags too),  maybe things will be less confusing. As well as the many simplified commands like instead of looking up the ID for an imp, you just spawn it with spawnimp2 [location/target TID] [imp's tid].
Its also great for typing in part of a command like giveweapon, then press TAB and you'll see all the options such as giveweaponall, giveweaponbfg, etc.

And its always fun to just royally mess up levels with it, as well... :P
(Some screenshots, because why not:)
(click to show/hide)
Edit: Oh, it's my 1000th post, huh, that's a nice coincidence. :P

August 30, 2014, 04:40:48 PM
Reply #13

Offline PotatoStrike

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 12, 2014, 04:29:39 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V13)
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 04:40:48 PM »
Just a thing...

It works on the servers without hosting?

August 30, 2014, 05:22:35 PM
Reply #14

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: [Cheat/RCON Tool] Player Manipulator (V13)
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Uh, the commands that exist in this file only work at servers who use this file, as far as i'm aware. Its like having a wad file with a super-fast imp, cant use or spawn the super-fast imp without having the wad file containing it hosted/used by the server, or whatever you call it.

If you mean singleplayer, you can use this fine in singleplayer too (though you'll be seeing alot of console messages as you use commands, it was mostly designed for servers), just load the pk3 file alongside other wads like you typically load mods, or custom maps. May want to load it last, so it doesnt overwrite/overlap any scripts and cause errors or bugs or whatever (really should put that in next version's readme, etc).

That said if you've got a server with this, you can still use the remote rcon tool to use these commands with the server hosting it, probably.